Trophy thoughts?

xZoneHunter

Same list as the steam one, which means it's relatively difficult but nothing impossible.

For those who aren't familiar with this, it's a game made by fans of the old school futuristic racing games (WipEoutt, F-Zero)  It released on steam a while ago and the reviews were pretty great. I have played it myself as well and it's definitely a fun game.

If you're a fan of WipEout or F-Zero and want something similar, i suggest looking into this :)

EDIT: Haven't seen it on the sore yet but it's supposed to come out 29/8 (NA) 31/8 (EU) for 40$/€

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

It seems I am the only one playing it now. Servers are up. No one online. Some race tracks are insanely hard. The ai can be brutal at times. But with enough grinding you can level up abilities and win situations. Loving the game! Playing on the ps4 and so far no crashes, glitches, no frame rate problems. My review will go up as soon as I get to test online. This is like wipeout and f-zero had a baby but the baby grew up on steroids not milk lol

Edited by rubhen925

That would be me, Han, and no I am not a dev lol. I had one of my contacts get me an early copy so I could cover the game for my channel. The game is beautiful and at times unforgiving. And I love it for that reason. Yes I like suffering when it comes to certain games lol

Edited by rubhen925

1 hour ago, rubhen925 said:

That would be me, Han, and no I am not a dev lol. I had one of my contacts get me an early copy so I could cover the game for my channel. The game is beautiful and at times unforgiving. And I love it for that reason. Yes I like suffering when it comes to certain games lol

Congrats with the plat. What would you rate its difficulty?

I give this a 6 or 7. At the start of the game it was really tough because the AI was brutal. Wouldn't let me get gold medals at all. You also have to get 45 gold medals in total. That is annoying as well. But as you get more money you can upgrade ships and powerups and stuff. Once you make the killer combo the game is easier :P

The final event is a night mare. The final 2 events in the final tournament made me rage a lot. I had perfect gold medals in the first 4 events, and came last in the final event because that map can go suck a big one

Oh well.

Other than that, the rest is just completing and unlocking stuff!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

I give this a 6 or 7. At the start of the game it was really tough because the AI was brutal. Wouldn't let me get gold medals at all. You also have to get 45 gold medals in total. That is annoying as well. But as you get more money you can upgrade ships and powerups and stuff. Once you make the killer combo the game is easier :P

The final event is a night mare. The final 2 events in the final tournament made me rage a lot. I had perfect gold medals in the first 4 events, and came last in the final event because that map can go suck a big one

Oh well.

Other than that, the rest is just completing and unlocking stuff!

Thanks, doesn't sound too bad. Looking forward to playing it when i decide to buy it.

10 minutes ago, Virdeborn said:

Only one online trophy? Or are the career trophies also online?

As someone who's a big fan of the game and who has completed all the achievements of the original Steam release of the game from last year, everything but that one online race trophy are all completely offline achievements - and on a slightly unrelated but still trophy-focused tangent, when it comes to the trophies regarding upgrades to vehicles and powerups, the career mode gives you more than money to get everything fully upgraded before reaching the end of its campaign :)

Edited by Snake55wildcat

2 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

Snake55wildcat. Even with all those upgrades that final event in the final tournament....... how did you manage to finish that without losing half your sanity? So many ways to die........ I hate that map now lol

Any specific event name? I cant precisely check which one your referring to right now since the original PC release had a different final event then what the console versions have as its overall structure (the PS4/XB1/Switch versions have all but one of the DLC packs, and each of those added new events to the campaign - which meant the console versions' campaign are actually larger as a base game than the original PC release, so there may be differences on that front) but i'd be glad to help or provide advice when possible

Ohh yeah, I definitely remember that one! Those tracks with the highest speed class of vehicles with that amount of laps was definitely brutal, although i cant say i agree on it being the hardest event in the game, its definitely up there though, especially since it is pretty much an endurance event without using the endurance/boss mode. In events that are long winded like those its pretty much all about consistency and keeping your cool throughout the entirety of the series of tracks, I mean sure, that can be said about most games but here you need to concentrate on your consistency constantly.

On that note, well done on getting the platinum though by the way!

4 hours ago, rubhen925 said:

I see (that actually crossed my mind after posting :lol:).

Congrats on the plat! and I sure will be looking forward to play it, although not sure when I will get the chance to buy it..

6 hours ago, Snake55wildcat said:

As someone who's a big fan of the game and who has completed all the achievements of the original Steam release of the game from last year, everything but that one online race trophy are all completely offline achievements - and on a slightly unrelated but still trophy-focused tangent, when it comes to the trophies regarding upgrades to vehicles and powerups, the career mode gives you more than money to get everything fully upgraded before reaching the end of its campaign :)

That's good news! I hate online trophies with a passion!

Can you boost the single online trophy? I tried doing it legit but no one seems to be online. Game's a ton of fun though, looks great too even on a regular PS4.

EDIT: Do you need to get Gold medals in every event? The trophy description isn't really that clear.

Edited by DisturbedPT

• 3 years later...
7 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Why does the platinum rarity for the EU (11.53%) and the US (3.57%) version differ so greatly? I did the EU platinum a while ago myself and I didn't find this game to be particularly difficult. I'm really curious because this is a major difference. 

I would assume vastly different demographic as far as racing games go (plus it was released later if I'm not wrong, so you can count on a few people also playing it just to stack it on top of the other versions). The game is exactly the same.

But ya, this is one of the rare cases where the actual number of owners is about the same between US and EU versions, while the rarity is insanely different.

• Like 2