Tales of Project Platinum

sundrew

3 minutes ago, AppleKratue said:

You're close to beating Zestiria though, so I'd at least beat the game first and clean up the trophies later. Like @acasser said, it was free for the first few weeks after launch, but it has been on sale before, last time a few months ago: https://psprices.com/region-gb/game/128018/tales-of-zestiria-alishas-story-additional-chapter

I unfortunately missed out on the free launch, which is a shame because I think I was just a couple of days too late. I'll try to at least beat the game then...maybe. Thanks for the advice. I went to the website and registered.

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@Edunstar84, do you have a physical or digital copy of Zestiria? If you have a physical copy, check your game case! My game had a code for the DLC.

I was given the physical disk as a Christmas gift after a year, I think. I'm pretty sure I tried then, but the code expired. It's okay though, I bought the DLC during the Big in Japan sale. Would've rather bought a game tbh.

2 hours ago, SmilexBomb said:

Heya. Have now got the platinum for Tales of Innocence R. I know the Japanese ones don't count for actual amount, but the emblem would be nice :D

Next up I'm thinking is Zestiria, though I think i'll be playing a bit of Hearts R on the side also. 

Did you know any Japanese prior to getting the plat? I have the game, but a bit apprehensive to start it. Just wanna know if there's a lot of organizing to get the plat.

Edited by Edunstar84

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Did you know any Japanese prior to getting the plat? I have the game, but a bit apprehensive to start it. Just wanna know if there's a lot of organizing to get the plat.

I know a tiny bit but nothing that would help with the game hahaha. 

This site and google translate will guide you to pretty much 100%

• Like 1

On 5/6/2018 at 1:10 AM, SmilexBomb said:

Heya. Have now got the platinum for Tales of Innocence R. I know the Japanese ones don't count for actual amount, but the emblem would be nice :D

Next up I'm thinking is Zestiria, though I think i'll be playing a bit of Hearts R on the side also. 

You've been updated! I think it's great that you've completed none of the English language games but have both the special emblems ?.

Good luck with both of those - Tales of Hearts R would be the easier of the two. Come back to this thread if you need any help!

• Like 1

I've finished up the platinum for Tales of Zestiria, including all of the DLC trophies as well.  If I'm doing my math correctly, that's my 6th platinum under this heading and qualifies me for a Rank Up.

Zestiria wasn't a bad game.  The equipment system is a hot mess, and the battle system isn't especially wonderful, but I enjoyed the story and greatly enjoyed the characters and that's the most important thing, right?  Dietician's Nightmare was every bit the nightmare as the trophy title and the guide suggest, but none of the other trophies were that especially aggravating.  Though I'm glad I got the Alicia DLC for free when the offer was available, because I'd be unhappy if I paid actual money for that garbage.  (That Alicia was by far my least favorite character probably pushes that opinion along.)

I'll get around to Berseria, eventually, but I won't even purchase a copy of that game until my backlog is somewhat more tamed.  There are way too many games sitting in it right now for me to go out and buy more titles anytime soon.

• Like 1

Hey there! I want to join this Event/Project. Not sure of what I have to do...

I think I qualify for the Sylph rank as I have already Platinumed Tales of Xillia.

I'll be playing Symphonia, Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Graces f and Zestiria (PS3) in the following days and I'm looking to get the Platinum on each of them.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just got the Tales of Berseria platinum, so I'm a Lord of Spirits again. :D Though since it looks like I wasn't demoted after ToB came out, you can just change it to say I have 9 games completed. 

Edited by Xillia

Sorry for the delayed response guys...I've been sucked into Persona 5 ?.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:46 AM, acasser said:

I've finished up the platinum for Tales of Zestiria, including all of the DLC trophies as well.  If I'm doing my math correctly, that's my 6th platinum under this heading and qualifies me for a Rank Up.

Zestiria wasn't a bad game.  The equipment system is a hot mess, and the battle system isn't especially wonderful, but I enjoyed the story and greatly enjoyed the characters and that's the most important thing, right?  Dietician's Nightmare was every bit the nightmare as the trophy title and the guide suggest, but none of the other trophies were that especially aggravating.  Though I'm glad I got the Alicia DLC for free when the offer was available, because I'd be unhappy if I paid actual money for that garbage.  (That Alicia was by far my least favorite character probably pushes that opinion along.)

I'll get around to Berseria, eventually, but I won't even purchase a copy of that game until my backlog is somewhat more tamed.  There are way too many games sitting in it right now for me to go out and buy more titles anytime soon.

Your math looks right to me! Congratulations on the upgrade! You have an awesome collection of JRPG plats.

On 5/10/2018 at 8:48 AM, Honor_Hand said:

Hey there! I want to join this Event/Project. Not sure of what I have to do...

I think I qualify for the Sylph rank as I have already Platinumed Tales of Xillia.

I'll be playing Symphonia, Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Graces f and Zestiria (PS3) in the following days and I'm looking to get the Platinum on each of them.

Thanks in advance!

On 5/10/2018 at 8:53 AM, LimitedTimeGamer said:

i guess make me a Sylph. 

Got the Graces F plat recently :D

Welcome new Sylphs!

14 hours ago, Xillia said:

Hey, I just got the Tales of Berseria platinum, so I'm a Lord of Spirits again. :D Though since it looks like I wasn't demoted after ToB came out, you can just change it to say I have 9 games completed. 

Oh I think I got confused. I didn't realize you had 7 English language Tales plats + Vesperia. You should have been downgraded earlier. Welp...congrats on re-earning Lord of Spirits!

I completed Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World =). It doesn't earn me a new rank but still. When you get to edit it can you also fix the capitalization in my name? The H in heart should be lower case =P.

I give my full thoughts over in my backlog topic, so you can check them there if you like, but I'll leave the tl;dr over here as well:

I had a much better time than I expected, considering how much I disliked this game back on the Wii. This could have been a very annoying Platinum to get, but thanks to that guide it's actually a pleasant experience...  most of the time. Go for it at your own risk and only if you can stand an average budgetted JRPG with 2 teenagers being teenagers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 9:35 AM, AfiqMohd86 said:

I have 2 platinums - Tales of Graces f  and Tales of Xillia

It's been 3 years but I'm still struggling with Tales of Zestiria 1f611.png1f611.png

On 5/25/2018 at 0:42 PM, AndresLionheart said:

I completed Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World =). It doesn't earn me a new rank but still. When you get to edit it can you also fix the capitalization in my name? The H in heart should be lower case =P.

I give my full thoughts over in my backlog topic, so you can check them there if you like, but I'll leave the tl;dr over here as well:

On 6/6/2018 at 3:39 AM, AllSugarRain said:

Undine here:

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World

All of you have been added/updated! Sorry for the capital letter issue :).

On 6/11/2018 at 3:21 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Hold onto your hats, ladies and gents. Winter is coming!

Yes! Everyone get excited!! Tales of Vesperia plat will be required for plat rank when the game is released. I will accept Japanese PS3, Japanese PS4  or English PS4 versions.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sundrew said:

Yes! Everyone get excited!! Tales of Vesperia plat will be required for plat rank when the game is released. I will accept Japanese PS3, Japanese PS4  or English PS4 versions.

Great! I will be getting that Plat again but I guess I get instant upgrade on release.

Nice to see you back around here. I will be completing Tales of Xillia 2 in the coming days and getting the new rank =D

27 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@sundrew - I'm now committed to complete all the Tales of games in my backlog. I have 6 months. Okay, let's go!

21 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Great! I will be getting that Plat again but I guess I get instant upgrade on release.

Nice to see you back around here. I will be completing Tales of Xillia 2 in the coming days and getting the new rank =D

Love the enthusiasm!! I've got to up my game on the Tales plats too. My rank right now is a bit embarrassing.

Sorry for the long absence! I got hopelessly sucked into Persona 5 for a while. I'll be around more now! (unless I get sucked into a Tales game...)

I completed Tales of Xillia 2, so I think that moves me to Efreet rank =D

Just like before, I've shared my thoughts over in my backlog thread, and I'll leave the tl;dr here:

The game structure can break the immersion, making it feel like a game and not a story. The battle system is one of the best. The platinum is very basic with the worst part being having to grind uses of each character special and partner abilities.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:30 PM, AndresLionheart said:

I completed Tales of Xillia 2, so I think that moves me to Efreet rank =D

Just like before, I've shared my thoughts over in my backlog thread, and I'll leave the tl;dr here:

Congrats on the rank-up!! Looks like you've just got Zestiria and Symphonia left!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sundrew said:

Congrats on the rank-up!! Looks like you've just got Zestiria and Symphonia left!

Symphonia will probably be last. I want to make it the 50th plat, but I'm only at 30 plats right now.

I also need to research it and make a missables roadmap in chronological order so that I can make sure I avoid extra playthroughs... that one will certainly be an experience.

I'll see if I can get Zestiria out of the way before Vesperia comes out (don't take my word for it, though, I'll probably won't be able to, lol)