is the leaderboard rigged?

yiazmat50112254

is the leaderboard rigged?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. do you think the leaderboard is rigged?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. how sure are you?

• i based my yes vote in the poll on facts which make me quite sure about it
    • i based my yes vote in the poll on reason which make me think it is, but i'm not really sure about it.
    • i based my no vote in the poll on facts which make me quite sure about it
    • i based my no vote in the poll on reason which make me think it is not, but i'm not really sure about it.

read all of them and all the votes. i saw the majority thinks it's all ok except for a few accidently cheaters but that even they can be removed if there is proof and get reported.

tried to give everyone 1 reputation but saw i was limited to 10 a day, so just take this post as a thank you for the explanations.

if any1 still has something new to add on the topic feel free to do so.

glad to see i was probably wrong about it since i really like the leaderboard.

thx everyone for all the explanations and have a nice day.

Edited by yiazmat50112254

On 8/31/2017 at 2:00 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm relatively high level - for a casual -, but I'm not purely a gamer. I'm also a father and husband, have a full time job and other time-consuming hobbies (I write, I watch a lot of movies etc) and have a large family. I won't ever have the time to challenge the position of someone who has infinite free time/ cash to trophy hunt all day long.

I'd say you're just high, but we all have different standards~

@topic; "rigged" is the entirely wrong word to ever approach this topic, no it's not rigged. Do some people cheat? Yes, and as far as I'm aware every tracking site like this one tries to remove them from the equation as best as they can. Are some teams? Probably, but that's not really rigging the leaderboards. If someone wants to team up, I don't really care. But then I don't really chase the leaderboards either, I just don't want to be red since it looks ugly on the trophy card. lol

Chaos is a leaderboard....

Also, the people at the top are:

1) Playing in teams

2) Playing crap/quick plat games (not judging, I have 4 or so I CHOSE to buy :] )

3) In possession of all the free time

4) SharePlaying/glitching/cheating etc..

There's obviously more, but this is why I don't look at any of this competitively. It just falls to chance... like others have said, there will be always an upper echelon; in a hobby where money + time = trophies, the equation makes things very simple. Then it just comes down to who of those speed platters will desperately try to keep a meaningless position.

I say meaningless, because the games are impossible to all be quality, there is no fame/$$$ involved, and even if you make it to the top enjoy your obsession to stay there =/

Don't forget about the fun/entertainment part of all this.

• Like 1

Not to be "that guy", but I will be. I'm confused as to what the OP is even talking about. Is this a question about the actual leaderboards being rigged? Or is this a question about cheaters in the leaderboards?

• If it's the former, no, I don't think anyone has "rigged" the leaderboards.
  • If it is the latter, then yes, there are obviously cheaters on the leaderboard. There are probably cheaters in the upper echelons of the leaderboard who are good enough at their cheating that they don't get caught.

But there are also plenty of fine, upstanding crazy people who earn their trophies legitimately. 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2017 at 8:08 AM, LeetWolf2 said:

What about Hakoom? Isn't he #1 on other sites since they're lenient on his *ahem* "methods"?

He left this site of his own accord as he didn't like the censorship.

OT: it's no more rigged than life in general. People with more time and/or money tend to be higher ranked than the rest of us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, aidan2110 said:

Is being a team considered cheating? Because nmxwzy and germanprogaming2 are as obvious as it gets. One has earned 1000+ platinums in a year and a half, and the other has almost 400 since the start of 2017. 

For both of them its much worse then being a team.  They are both buying platinums from randoms and have both spent over $100,000.

If you look at their times, that is why most of their games are in the top 10 fastest times even though its their first time playing the game.

• Like 1