National Trophy Hunting Day Community Event! - OVER

Would you like to participate?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for earning some trophies on Sept 23rd?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but I do not want to be in the drawing for U.S. PSN cards
    • No.
  2. 2. Would you like to volunteer to count trophies? (I may have a separate raffle for this group if we have enough participants in the event)

• Yes, I would love to help with the event!
    • No thanks!

On 9/30/2017 at 10:49 AM, Terra said:

Congrats to all the winners! I really enjoyed this event and I can't wait till next year to try again! I'll make the 3 trophies I got into 30!

3 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

And I'll get 59 next year! Setting the bar high. :P

Congrats to the winners!

All things considered, there were about 10-15 people who were unable to earn a trophy at all, so there is definitely room for improvement! As for me, I gave it everything I had. I'll be lucky to earn as many next year! (Unless we get a super easy plat for PS plus in Aug. or Sept.). I'm glad everyone found it fun and we'll see if @angelgrievous can keep the top spot next year (I still have no idea how you pulled off 145, that is more trophies than I earned in September!).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

All things considered, there were about 10-15 people who were unable to earn a trophy at all, so there is definitely room for improvement! As for me, I gave it everything I had. I'll be lucky to earn as many next year! (Unless we get a super easy plat for PS plus in Aug. or Sept.). I'm glad everyone found it fun and we'll see if @angelgrievous can keep the top spot next year (I still have no idea how you pulled off 145, that is more trophies than I earned in September!).

I didn't do anything special.  I just exploited some stupid easy games.  I bought Mr. Massagy and downloaded My Name is Mayo on my Vita.  I also bought The Little Acre and used a video guide to get the plat in one playthrough.  I almost finished Goosebumps but got stuck and ran out of time.  I'll get more next year if I'm still around ?.  Overall I had fun.  I hope we get more people next year and reach a really high number, although you might have to buy $10 cards instead of $20.  

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this event.

A few suggestions:

Somehow notify participants a day or so in advance. I signed up at the beginning of September and just so happened to notice someone posted in this thread the day of. I'm not sure the best way to notify participants, maybe just tag everyone in a post?

It would be cool that, after signs up ends, someone did the math that stated how many trophies each participant would have to get, on average, to reach each milestone.

Making the final count public so everyone can see how they did and look to see what the other participants were playing that day.

I'll definitely sign up next year and hopefully, I have more time to get more trophies.

4 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I really enjoyed this event.

A few suggestions:

Somehow notify participants a day or so in advance. I signed up at the beginning of September and just so happened to notice someone posted in this thread the day of. I'm not sure the best way to notify participants, maybe just tag everyone in a post?

It would be cool that, after signs up ends, someone did the math that stated how many trophies each participant would have to get, on average, to reach each milestone.

Making the final count public so everyone can see how they did and look to see what the other participants were playing that day.

I'll definitely sign up next year and hopefully, I have more time to get more trophies.

All good suggestions. Though, if you follow the topic, you would have been notified the day before and when there was 1 week left. That's the best I can do on that. I can't PM 60+ people to let them know. I'll add it to the OP next year to follow the topic to not forget. Hopefully, you can understand! It's definitely an issue as nearly a quarter of the participants did not earn a trophy.

I can definitely add the average number of trophies to reach each milestone. That'll definitely be added. :)

The only reason I don't make it fully public is because I don't want to point out who got zero trophies. I can do make it public, even this year still, but I would have to see some heavy support for it. 

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

4 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

I didn't do anything special.  I just exploited some stupid easy games.  I bought Mr. Massagy and downloaded My Name is Mayo on my Vita.  I also bought The Little Acre and used a video guide to get the plat in one playthrough.  I almost finished Goosebumps but got stuck and ran out of time.  I'll get more next year if I'm still around 1f60e.png.  Overall I had fun.  I hope we get more people next year and reach a really high number, although you might have to buy $10 cards instead of $20.  

I go hard or go home! If we ever reach a million, I'd crap bricks!!! (I'd still pay up though)

Next year the goals will be:

100 - 1 card

1,000 - 2 cards

1,215 - 3 cards

10,000 - 4 cards

100,000 - 5 cards

1,000,000 - 6 cards

• Like 2