Most Difficult Games You Have Ever Played

sonicace101

Back before trophies, i managed to beat God of War 2 on Titan mode (Very Hard Mode) on the PS2.

It was insanly hard.

Not sure if you meant played or actually beaten, but this was the one worth most mentioning. This mode is as tough as Ninja Gaiden.

it wasnt that hard.... i beat it in god mode and stayed with thesius on titan... i died because i couldnt focus... my bros were annonying me... i was very skilled ..lol i was like 10 yrs old and playing gow 2 on titan... anyway sf trials are hard at first
  • Like 1

DMC 3- The PS2 version was insanely hard.(Little Fact: The North American Normal Mode was the Japanese Hard Mode) but I believed they eased up on the frustration in the HD collection

They rebalance the difficulty for the Special Edition version of the game released in 2006 that's the version they used for the HD collection.

Hard games, hmmmm Super Fantasy Zone fucking rock as a child still rock as an adult.

• 2 weeks later...

Super Mario 2 (USA and Lost Levels), even if 2USA is pretty easy until the last world.

Zelda II: Adventure of Link

Blast Corps on N64 was annoying as hell to get Gold in a few missions

I had a ton of trouble with the minigames/contest part of Mischief Makers, though that was mainly because I couldn't button mash at the time, and that was basically what you had to do.

The Shy Guy minigame in Mario Party 1 was pure evil.  Also, minigame island sure seemed hard/annoying, probably due to a lot of the minigames being luck based.  Now I remember why I gave up on that series...

Frogger Returns.  Maybe it's cause I have horrible timing, maybe it's because I've never played an actual Frogger game before (I did play a ripoff of it in The Simpsons game).  Probably both.

Edited by gamerm1337

PS2

1. Shinobi, Oh man... you need focus and reflexes. And that camera is a bit annoying. xD
  2. Chaos Legion.... One of my all time favorite games but Holy God, Hard mode doesn't joke around, and I've never really tried to do Very Hard.
  3. God of War 2 Titan Mode, If you don't spend your red orbs wisely you can get stuck. Plus in Titan mode Hammer is the Master Race xD

PS3

1. First play-through of both Demon's and Dark Souls.
  2. Bayonetta: Seriously, Hard is a challenge, Very Hard is a miracle.... Non-Stop Infinite Climax? Well... have fun.
  3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma: Doku..... *sigh* And Alma as a n00b is death incarnate. (Atleast you have a shop before the fight).
  4. Infamous: Hard but as a good guy is quite challenging. But if you're evil it's nerfed to normal. Since evil gets the scattering grenades upgrade. 1 turns into 7 at max.
  5. Resonance of Fate: If you don't plan ahead nor have/use a good strategy, some battles and boss battles will make you rage.
  6. Metal Gear Rising: Revengance: The first play-through (naked, no upgrades) on normal in challenging, on Hard it's... well Hard. But after that replaying difficulties you keep your upgrades. Except the Intro stage where you don't have Items nor your upgrades (It's always the same no matter the difficulty or replays). Finally, Revengance difficulty and Revengance difficulty on a new file (no upgrades).
  • Like 1

Resonance of fate was pretty hard the first time round especially because of the not so great tutorials.

Bayonetta: The hardest difficulty is called non stop infinite climax mode so that pretty much tells you hard it is. The lost chapter was really hard aswell.
Some of the missions on guilty gear.
Feral Chaos from Final Fantasy Dissidia. He had a ridiculous health bar but i got the job done with Tidus, Squall and Bartz :)

• Catherine hard mode and the extra mode...

KOF XIII those challenges...

Armoured Core V but this could just be because it handles very differently to IV.

MvC3 and UMvC3 those trials...

Street Fighter X Tekken certain missions feel near impossible otherwise this game is easy.

Sonic Unleashed Eggmanland hotdog mission and the Speeding ticket...

• 2 weeks later...

Super Street Fighter IV (the trial challenges are burtal :angry: )

Bayonetta (It's hard as hell,I beat it on Normal & Hard.Now I trying to beat on Climax mode :blink:  )

Any verison of Ghosts & Goblins (I can't even get past the first level :S  the game can burn in hell :shakefist:  )

Ghosts n' Goblins ( This game is really brutal, also the fact that you have to beat the game twice in order to complete the game)

I watched Angry Video Game Nerd play it and it made me thankful that I wasn't born when that game came out. 

Well, I have to say

InFamous 2

Batman Arkham City

Infamous 2? Really? That game is as easy as pooping. You just have to sit and not even do anything!

I just got Batman AC so really don't know how hard that is but I'm sure its not hard as some of the other games mentioned here. 

I guess COD:World at War at veteran is not worth mentioning among these other games that have and still continue to traumatize gamers everywhere?  

- Dead Space 2 (on Hardcore)

Almost forgot Dead Space 2. Hardcore is really.... hardcore  :shakefist:

NES- Ghost n Goblins and Battletoads (that can be 1a and 1b) I can probably have a top 10 of just NES games lol

SNES- Super Ghost n Goblins

PS1- Probably Silent Hill

PS2- Original DMC3, Shinobi and God Hand

PS3- The more harder games are PSN games.  You folks should try games like Sine Mora, Trash Panic, even Blood Rayne is harder than 99% of the disk games.

Man, a lot of NES games come to mind. Ninja Gaiden, Ghosts n Goblins, etc.

For PS3 I would say, if you aren't musically inclined (I personally am not) Then music games such as Rock Band 2/3 or Guitar Hero games are the toughest. Doing the drum as well as the guitar challenges on these games on Expert and Flawlessly can be very difficult.