The Completionist talks about completing games.

aZombieDictator

25 minutes ago, item112z said:

Love the guy and his vids. Does anybody know his psn ID? Haven`t seen it anywhere.

He probably doesn't want hundred of friend invite so I don't think its known to the public (Although I guess there is a way to block all invites, and if there isn't, it should be a thing)

45 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Why's it his "job" and why should we care? 

Because that is his thing in Youtube. And we care because we like completing games and thats why we use this site?

• Like 1

The thing is most of the games he completes aren't on PlayStation and he plays a lot of stuff for his let's play channel super beard bros. The most recent game he did was Mario x Rabbids and it took him 120 hours to complete. He also completed breath of the wild which took him 200-300 hours. He completed Bayonetta on WiiU. It's crazy seeing what this man does with completing games.

10 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Why's it his "job" and why should we care? 

Because this is a community of trophy hunters that complete games as well and this guy takes it to the next level. So it's interesting hearing about someone who makes a living off of doing it. 

I listened to the whole podcast while playing Destiny and they just bring up really good and interesting points. Listening to Jirard, Barry, and Arin talk about this stuff was really nice.

Edited by aZombieDictator

40 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

The thing is most of the games he completes aren't on PlayStation. The most recent game he did was Mario x Rabbids and it took him 120 hours to complete. He also completed breath of the wild which took him 200-300 hours. He completed Bayonetta on WiiU. It's crazy seeing what this man does with completing games.

Because this is a community of trophy hunters that complete games as well and this guy takes it to the next level. So it's interesting hearing about someone who makes a living off of doing it. 

I listened to the whole podcast while playing Destiny and they just bring up really good and interesting points. Listening to Jirard, Barry, and Arin talk about this stuff was really nice.

Can you define "complete" because I'm quite confused.

Most of the time on this site completionist means 100% trophies. But since he's on other systems and looking at his psn, it doesn't seem like that's the case. Does he just finish the game? Or is the game complete when he saw all the content?

51 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Can you define "complete" because I'm quite confused.

Most of the time on this site completionist means 100% trophies. But since he's on other systems and looking at his psn, it doesn't seem like that's the case. Does he just finish the game? Or is the game complete when he saw all the content?

Watch one of his videos, but he does literally everything. He says he even does 4-8 hours of research before he starts a game to make sure everything can be done. For example, Bayonetta doesn't have trophies for a bunch of shit like the Rodin fight and all pure platinum, but Jirard would get all the trophies and then go do all that stuff as well if he did it on PSN. Then for Breath of the Wild there's 900 Korok seeds, he upgraded all armor and filled the picture album. He did all of that. So completion is doing literally everything possible in a game. Here's the breath of the wild review he did if you wanna check it out. But while he was doing that game and getting everything he had 4 separate maps he was looking at for the Korok seeds. I just love this guy and the work he puts into his channel and playing games is amazing. So seeing him talk about his work was something I just wanted the other trophy hunters to see. He also completes a game every single week, and he's going up to 6 completions a month now. And he doesn't do any of those easy short games either. I almost got to meet the guy too, but I didn't have anyone to go to the convention he was at. Maybe one day I'll get the chance to meet him. 

Finish = see the credits

Complete = doing literally everything the game has to offer

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2