Recommend me a vita grip

wolverine123

Just ordered 6 or 7 new vita games, most of them loooong jrpgs.So Ive decided im gonna need a grip for my vita to make it more comfortable. Ive been looking a bit on amazon and tbh they all look pretty much the same except the prices. Does anyone use a grip and can recommend one for me or any i shouldn't buy.

dreamGEAR Comfort Grip for PlayStation Vita Slim (PCH-2000) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KE6DCFU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gWfTzbKAZ5719

It's  $23 now. I bought it for $11. I don't think I can recommend it at that price. Under $15, sure. $23 is stupid. Not sure why they doubled the price.

I digress. The functionality of it is great. It would be perfect for turn-based rpgs on long sessions. It's easy to put on and take off too. My only complaint is that it gets in the way for games that require quick movements like fighting games. I had to remove it to play Injustice properly. 

Edit: just noticed you're in the uk. Maybe it's still cheap over there. My prices are usd by the way.

Edited by Phil

I'm also thinking of getting a hand grip cause i need to get a better hold and grip on my Vita while playing heavy intense games like Freedom Wars. Can someone tell me a good hand grip for the PCh-1004 model which is my model . I only see me to see hand grips for 2000 models

I bought this one, the PDP trigger grips. I live in the UK and ordered it from the US for around $18. I don't play my Vita without it. I don't know what version Vita you have, but I have the original and I think it's specifically designed for that. I also use my Vita for remote play with my PS4 and it's really handy for that too.

EDIT: @Sigma999 This one is for that model btw

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 1

I guess I should've said what model I'm on, it's PCH-1103. I like the look of the trigger grip one but I do prefer the ones with proper handles, I think they would be more comfortable for me. I guess I'm going to have to import one as there's only a couple to choose from on UK Amazon and hardly any on ebay. Has anyone seen one with larger handles and triggers? 

Over the years I've pretty much tried every grip and still my favorite would be the Nyko Power Grip. I've also the fat PSVita. 

Its a little heavy at first but you do get use to it. Mine is about 18 months old now and it no longer holds a charge but otherwise is still perfect after probably 1000+ hours of use. 

14 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:

I bought this one, the PDP trigger grips. I live in the UK and ordered it from the US for around $18. I don't play my Vita without it. I don't know what version Vita you have, but I have the original and I think it's specifically designed for that. I also use my Vita for remote play with my PS4 and it's really handy for that too.

I've got these as well for my first PSVita! Indeedy is made for the PSVita 1000, not the 2000. I considered to buy a grip/triggers for my PSVita 2000 as well, but ended up not doing so.

• Like 1

I've had a few grips for my Vita over the years, but they all ended up being pretty bad. There was always something wrong with them, from the triggers being unresponsive, to the adjustable parts moving when I didn't want them to, etc. Funnily enough, I actually found the grips more uncomfortable than using the Vita without them during long play sessions, most likely because of the added weight. I haven't tried every Vita grip of course, so maybe there's some better ones out there, but I wouldn't recommend getting a grip tbh. It's just a waste of money really. The Vita feels perfectly fine to hold on its own.