The Official PSNProfiles General Automobile Discussion Thread

Parker

Will be signing the papers for my new 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee next Saturday! > :D

02-2013-jeep-grand-cherokee-trailhawk628

Congratulations. I want to convince myself that I can deal with a car payment (I can certainly afford it) just so I won't have to maintain that car due to the warranty (I can have someone else do it for free!) as I already have enough people wanting me to work on their crap on my off days, along with the farm work and my family I need a break sometimes. I absolutely love working on cars but there comes a point where I need a break.

If this WRX doesn't work out I think I'll stick with my original plan and get a '13 Dart. But there is a pretty nice '91 Miata with only 68K miles on it near me too...

Parker

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yep, that is the new avatar.  B)

While I'm more of a diesel engine fan than I am gasoline, I absolutely love the new Challenger. It may not handle the best but sweet Jesus does it sound amazing and I think it looks by far the best of the "Pony" cars too. If I had the money I'd daily drive the hell out of this damn thing.

Parker 

• 3 months later...

Welp, the 300D is up for sale. It was a rusty piece of shit but she was reliable. Unfortunately it simply isn't worth my time or money to do the brakes as well as rust repair so it'll either be sold as a parts car or I'll take the engine and tranny out and scrap the rest.

I have to say though, being 45 minutes away from the shop and having a caliper blow is a hell of an experience. Luckily there was no traffic (except a tractor) on the back roads or I don't think I would've made it, driving with no brakes sucks. Back to daily driving the Cummins so the search for a new car continues!

Parker

• 3 months later...

As some of you know, Dallas totaled our Subaru. So the search for a new car is on and I test drove a few cars in the past few days.

First, a 2014 Dodge Dart Rallye, white with black wheels. Looked similar to this...

8924d1363585134-not-many-white-darts-sho

Personally, I absolutely loved the car. It was an automatic because (unfortunately) Dallas doesn't want to drive a manual but it drove very nice and the auto felt great. While I prefer a manual, I could definitely live with this auto. There was plenty of room in the back for a booster seat, I brought my duty belt to make sure I'd be comfortable driving in uniform and I had plenty of room as well. Coming from a '91 Dodge Ram and '02 Subaru Impreza, the Dart felt like a luxury car. It had a touch screen with built in navigation, a very nice sound system and I though the Rallye version had a pretty damn nice exhaust note too. If we end up going with a new car, I think it will be one of these. 

Next, I drove a '15 Durango. 

2015-Dodge-Durango-Front-Side.jpg

It had the V6 with the 8 speed automatic and I loved the thing. The tranny never felt like it was hunting for gears, even in the city, and it rode very nice. We plan on getting a dog very soon so that gives it points over the Dart but the worse fuel mileage as well as maintenance costs (AWD) bring it down some. I've heard the Durango is getting the EcoDiesel in the next couple years too so I would want to wait and get that. Of course the Dart is supposed to be getting a diesel too...

The last car I drove was a nice '14 Mazda 3 wagon. 

lead4-2014-mazda3-fd.jpg

I adored this car as well. It drove very nice as well, very quiet but I didn't find the seats as comfortable as the Dart while I had my duty belt on. Since I drive over 35 miles to work one way 5 nights a week, that was almost a deal breaker. Yeah, I could just put my belt on after I get to work, but I also work off duty and sometimes I sit in my car so that wouldn't work. There may be other trim models with different/better seats so I'll need to look into that. 

As of right now, the Dart is the winner for me. It gets great fuel mileage, looks fantastic (in my opinion) has a wonderful transmission and a great sound system. It is also cheaper than the Mazda and Durango which is a big plus as well. Hopefully I'll decide in the next few months, although I can definitely see me skipping new cars altogether and buying a 10 year old Lexus instead...

Parker

Really like that white dart above.  (thought it was a Subaru for some reason) I'm probably a tad biased though.  I had a blazer growing up, till just this last summer when we had to put the White Knight to rest.

Here he was: 

311653_10100728662511450_86125919_n.jpg?

Here he was with me:

525402_10101147568535420_274589870_n.jpg

Edited by SilkyJay86

• 8 months later...

My current vehicle is 2004 Volvo S60, Like this in the picture (same color even), but this ain't my car. Just some random pic from internetz.

2004-volvo-s60-6.jpg

I'm not really that into cars. All I care is that it takes me from A to B without too much trouble. For that purpose this car is pretty good.

Edited by Juzota