That moment when

aZombieDictator

You're grinding out kills or whatever for a trophy and unlock the trophy but don't realize it popped and proceed to waste an hour or two trying to get it to pop when you already unlocked it.

I just spent another hour getting melee kills for a Senran Kagura game after the trophy unlocked. I was like "I've been doing this for a while and haven't got it" checked and it was unlocked an hour ago. I felt like a complete idiot...

Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.

• Like 1

Me with the missable "event master" for Neptunia U... Thought I had missed it somehow since I never saw it (even though I SHOULD have been doing everything right to get all events) and even replayed the story to get it (luckily it was quick to get through with the unlockable invulnerability + OHKO cheats turned on)... then I decided to at least grind for Lily Lord, had the plat pop after that and when looked at my trophy list... sure enough, there's my event trophy, unlocked days ago. So either I must have looked away when it popped or the notification didn't show for some reason

Edited by Zanreo

It only happening to me once in FFXIII-2 for the 10,000 steps on Chocobo trophy which I didn't notice after leaving the game on for 5 extra hours and wondering why I didn't get the trophy. Then when I checked my trophy list, it had long been achieved only an hour after I rubber banded my controller to get it.  

10,000 step Trophy in Final Fantasy XIII didn't really grind for it but never notice the trophy pop and was starting to wonder how many steps was 10,000 after a while with all that walking around back and forth I did in Gran Pulse. 
Still haven't gotten the platinum mainly because I got bored of grinding for gil and took a break from it for a bit.

That happened to me with MGS4's Flashback Mania trophy. It was my 3rd playthrough because somehow I'd missed reading about the hidden cutscenes. So I was hammering :cross: during every second of every cutscene for the entire game to make sure I didn't miss anything. Of course I wasn't actually paying much attention since I'd watched all the cutscenes twice already and missed the trophy popping during what I think would've been the hidden Mantis flashback. Of course I continued smashing :cross: for the 71 minute ending and finally realized I'd popped it over two hours beforehand when I pulled up the trophy list :facepalm:

But normally I'm pretty good with that. If it's trackable I'll glue my eyes to the top left of the screen as I get close. If it's not trackable then usually I'll stare at the top left anyway, even if I know I'm hours away from the trophy because now I know what happens if I don't pay attention. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not the same thing but while grinding out My Kung Fu Is Stronger in Mortal Kombat I decided to do the smart thing and upload my save to the Cloud in case anything happened...except what I did was download my save from the Cloud and delete my save on my Hard Drive.

I lost the progress of 4 characters I had mastered :(

57 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Not the same thing but while grinding out My Kung Fu Is Stronger in Mortal Kombat I decided to do the smart thing and upload my save to the Cloud in case anything happened...except what I did was download my save from the Cloud and delete my save on my Hard Drive.

I lost the progress of 4 characters I had mastered :(

Oh man that's rough... Whenever I do cloud I make sure to stare for like a few minutes to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm paranoid about that stuff.

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Oh man that's rough... Whenever I do cloud I make sure to stare for like a few minutes to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm paranoid about that stuff.

Oh I triple check it now. Seriously you should have seen me with saving the game after that :P