The Long Dark - Who's playing it?

Wanderer_92

Hi everyone. So im wondering, is anyone even playing this game? It's been out since August 1st. I just discovered it not long ago and im really interested in the game but i've been hearing alot of negative comments about it ( glitches, save files corupting etc.) The game looks really good, considering im a big fan of a survival genre. I'd like to hear what other people think :) 

0ff157b2250ea31fd3279f263b5ecc806d190eea

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ive played loaaaads of it on Xbox One, but i cant comment on how the it performs on the PS4. I have however, just bought it again on the EU sale for £17.99, because i think its very much a great game. There are lots of things you can do inside this very simple idea which is, survive. There is a story mode (wow, its awesome) in which 2 of i believe 5 episodes are out now, and can only imagine are free for owners of the game. Theres a sandbox mode with a variety of difficulty settings and maps to select. There is also a challege mode to truely test your ability to survive. In the game you explore a big open world/map/level where you simply have to survive by any means possible. Create fires and melt snow for water, hunt rabbits and track deer, scavenge supplies and be careful, you are the only hungry thing out there.. ive played it since it very first lauched in game preview on Xbox, have been there for every update, addition and revamp of entire systems and UI. Its fantastic. As always, any game im unsure on buying but remain intrested in playing, i buy it at a discount. If you can pick it up on the EU sale right now, what can you lose? It costs the same as a 'Large Dominos Meateor'. Whats going to provide you more satisfaction? A video game that easily has 100s of hours of gameplay to offer you, with much more support and additions to come, or a pizza with 'fresh' from frozen ingredients that you be wiping goodbye by next morning. But hey, im just one person who likes something you may not. All you can do now is research and research until you are happy that you feel you do really want this game and will be okay with the fact you may not after spending what i guess in america is $40.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
49 minutes ago, Killjoy_21 said:

I gave it a chance today, but...it's a no-no from me. Really bad framerate, even in a close environment like a house. Uninstalled after 10 minutes. Sorry not sorry.

Ahh that sucks. I saw it at the store for a coupla quid. Picked it up. Admittedly i havent tried it yet, but i will. With hesitation.

It looked cool in a lets play i watched. Hmmm lets see 

42 minutes ago, Killjoy_21 said:

I gave it a chance today, but...it's a no-no from me. Really bad framerate, even in a close environment like a house. Uninstalled after 10 minutes. Sorry not sorry.

I had a different experience, love the game but gave up on the plat after 60ish% due to how involved it is. Think I have 100 hours already and I just reached day 50/500 with about 15% of the map explored/marked. Too much work! 

16 minutes ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

I had a different experience, love the game but gave up on the plat after 60ish% due to how involved it is. Think I have 100 hours already and I just reached day 50/500 with about 15% of the map explored/marked. Too much work! 

Wow didnt know it was that big a timesink.  I dont think i can justify that rn. Cheers 

10 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

Ahh that sucks. I saw it at the store for a coupla quid. Picked it up. Admittedly i havent tried it yet, but i will. With hesitation.

It looked cool in a lets play i watched. Hmmm lets see 

I was blown away when I first saw all trailers and stuff, so I decided to wait for a good deal on PS Store. After a while, I gave yesterday the chance to try it on my PS4 Pro, but wow - so disappointing. Character movements are so clunky, controls are a pain in the black hole. Then I watched some gameplay from pc and it was quite obvious that the console versions were so badly done. Luckily I didn't waste so much money...

• 11 months later...