Mein Leben Trophy Petition

8 hours ago, metdevil678 said:

*facepalm* Oh God... I swear people are just looking for reasons to be offended these days. If an image implying that you're a sook offends you, it's probably because you're a sook...

I'm not offended, I just think it's childish and, as a medium, we should work on being more mature. We don't really have the best reputation and that's really holding the industry back. Childish design decisions like this is why some people are ashamed to say they are a gamer and this mocking and 'get good' mentality is cultivating toxic communities.

Also, don't call me a snook please. I don't know what that is, but it's not appreciated. There is nothing wrong with playing games on easy.

32 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I'm not offended, I just think it's childish and, as a medium, we should work on being more mature. We don't really have the best reputation and that's really holding the industry back. Childish design decisions like this is why some people are ashamed to say they are a gamer and this mocking and 'get good' mentality is cultivating toxic communities.

Also, don't call me a snook please. I don't know what that is, but it's not appreciated. There is nothing wrong with playing games on easy.

Or the image could just mean something like “baby steps”. If someone is offended by a picture of blazkowicz dressed up as a baby then what the hell are they doing playing wolfenstein? That image for the lowest difficulty dates all the way back to the 1992 wolfenstein.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Or the image could just mean something like “baby steps”. If someone is offended by a picture of blazkowicz dressed up as a baby then what the hell are they doing playing wolfenstein? That image for the lowest difficulty dates all the way back to the 1992 wolfenstein.

and you still waste time trying to explain things that some players don't even research?

58 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Just because its been used since 1992 doesn't mean it should.

I haven't seen the image, if you look at my comment it was aimed at the article that was shown and the comment that we should laugh because someone pointed out the "baby" difficulty wasn't inclusive to new players, which it isn't. Do little kids want to play on "baby" difficulty? Do adults? No, of course not.

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Just because its been used since 1992 doesn't mean it should.

I haven't seen the image, if you look at my comment it was aimed at the article that was shown and the comment that we should laugh because someone pointed out the "baby" difficulty wasn't inclusive to new players, which it isn't. Do little kids want to play on "baby" difficulty? Do adults? No, of course not.

Somehow you think the difficulty design is childish and is sending a message of “git gud”. Youre taking it out of context. Its basically just very easy difficulty. its meant for players not accustomed to fps games in general to learn the game by playing it on that difficulty. So what if the image next to the difficulty is of a baby. If you think thats the developers way of saying youre a baby for playing it on that difficulty youre taking it way too seriously.

47 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Somehow you think the difficulty design is childish and is sending a message of “git gud”. Youre taking it out of context. Its basically just very easy difficulty. its meant for players not accustomed to fps games in general to learn the game by playing it on that difficulty. So what if the image next to the difficulty is of a baby. If you think thats the developers way of saying youre a baby for playing it on that difficulty youre taking it way too seriously.

It is saying exactly that, though, and the article in question brings up important points about difficulty menus. The way I see it, my little brother would be sad if he saw me put the difficulty on "baby" before I let him play. I'm happy they had the difficulty, but the subtle messaging is disappointing for a large game that would attract new players. It's hard for us to maybe see that since we're use to difficulty menus, but new gamers are more impressionable with those poor design decisions. 

39 minutes ago, Jigglypuff said:

Well, if you can beat the main game on it, there shouldn't be any reason you can't beat it in the DLC.

39 minutes ago, Jigglypuff said:

Well, if you can beat the main game on it, there shouldn't be any reason you can't beat it in the DLC.

True, haven’t beaten it myself yet but unless they make the dlc way harder then it should be very doable just like the main game.

21 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

There isn't, you're the one thinking there is. Hell, I'd play on this difficulty if I just wanted to blast through the story, I'm just not offended by images of big babies, that's all. At the very worst, that image acts as only a deterrence to keep people from playing on Very Easy, and in this case, I'd say it's working.

Also, if you're letting your little brother - who's too young to set up the game for themselves - play some of your games, let them play Hannah Montana, not the Nazi slaughter sim...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 2:29 PM, metdevil678 said:

There isn't, you're the one thinking there is. Hell, I'd play on this difficulty if I just wanted to blast through the story, I'm just not offended by images of big babies, that's all. At the very worst, that image acts as only a deterrence to keep people from playing on Very Easy, and in this case, I'd say it's working.

Also, if you're letting your little brother - who's too young to set up the game for themselves - play some of your games, let them play Hannah Montana, not the Nazi slaughter sim...

I love that this game taunts people in the difficulty selection screen, the respective BJ faces are hilarious and the little comment at the bottom left “for the spineless gamer” on „daddy can I play?“ difficult is epic. Seriously, I think that difficulty is really just there for absolute beginners, like you don’t know which stick controls your movement and which your view. And that’s why yes, you are a total newb if you pick it and I love that it challenges you to at least pick “please don’t hurt me”. Classic 

On 08/12/2017 at 4:07 PM, Kittet3 said:

Iv stayed well away from this topic thread because there’s been so much laughable content, but when I saw this I just had to weigh in. 

You are complaining about the difficulty select menu, calling it childish and asking for a more mature approach... on a game about killing, mutilating and blowing up Nazi forces after they win WWII and overthrow the world. 

I mean, I could kind of understand if the actual game offended you or someone in some way shape or form, but complaining about a difficulty select menu, which by the way is the most hilarious menu to date on any game, is just pathetic. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Connor CC-135 said:

Iv stayed well away from this topic thread because there’s been so much laughable content, but when I saw this I just had to weigh in. 

You are complaining about the difficulty select menu, calling it childish and asking for a more mature approach... on a game about killing, mutilating and blowing up Nazi forces after they win WWII and overthrow the world. 

I mean, I could kind of understand if the actual game offended you or someone in some way shape or form, but complaining about a difficulty select menu, which by the way is the most hilarious menu to date on any game, is just pathetic. 

I really think my posts have been taking out of context. I haven't played this game nor did I analyze difficulty menus on every game and kept a list of those who offended me and swung into the fourms to tell people these games were awful. I have nothing against Wolfenstein.

My comments were aimed at the comment on the page before which brought up this article: https://kotaku.com/it-might-be-time-to-rethink-difficulty-menus-1820961183 which uses Wolfenstein to start the conversation about difficulty menus and being inclusive of all players. I wholeheartedly agree with this article and think this is something AAA and AA developers need to take to heart in order to advance video games and break alot of the stigma and remove barriers for new gamers. I'm not saying Wolfenstein is offensive (outside the obvious), I'm just saying that I agree with the article that it should've done the difficulty menu better and I think we should recognize how that decision to include the baby picture, although humourous for some, is a barrier for several new gamers. 

22 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I really think my posts have been taking out of context. I haven't played this game nor did I analyze difficulty menus on every game and kept a list of those who offended me and swung into the fourms to tell people these games were awful. I have nothing against Wolfenstein.

My comments were aimed at the comment on the page before which brought up this article: https://kotaku.com/it-might-be-time-to-rethink-difficulty-menus-1820961183 which uses Wolfenstein to start the conversation about difficulty menus and being inclusive of all players. I wholeheartedly agree with this article and think this is something AAA and AA developers need to take to heart in order to advance video games and break alot of the stigma and remove barriers for new gamers. I'm not saying Wolfenstein is offensive (outside the obvious), I'm just saying that I agree with the article that it should've done the difficulty menu better and I think we should recognize how that decision to include the baby picture, although humourous for some, is a barrier for several new gamers. 

Fair enough, I can understand your point of view and how others may percieve the settings and thier names. I do however, disagree with the article regardless of some of the points it brings up. In a game such as Wolfenstien which already has a good fan base and following from a long time ago, there is'nt really a need to change the way they go about thier menu settings and difficulty names. To be honest, if someone is upset to play on the lowest difficulty because of its image or description they need to have a long look at thierselves in the mirror. At the end of the day no matter how seriously you take video games, that is all it is. A Game. And your experience is your own. The fact that the writer in the post felt what he described as "peer pressure" when selecting a difficulty is utterly ridiculous, I'd advise that he grows up. This would also apply to anyone else playing the 18 rated game, as I can understand a child finding this hard to deal with but they should'nt be on the game in the first place. 

As for his wish for the game having other ways to play such as Gritfish or the new game style ACO has adopted, a linear shooter such as wolfenstien can't really do this as there isnt the same freedom to explore such as in an Assassin's creed game. Apart from guns blazing and some options of stealth (which in my opinion was pretty poor in this game), the game is driven by the story and the collectables giving more background and depth to the characters and events. 

At the end of the day this is only my opinion as an avid gamer since the age of 5, and from my experiences I was never deterred from games because of the way they went about welcoming "newcomers / noobs /new gamers" etc. You're very welcome to your opinion as well as everyone else and please don't take my responses as trying to opress your right to speak about the topics in hand. I just enjoy having conversations/debates about topics such as this because i have such a passion for the gaming industry :)

• Like 1

I love the difficulty menu. It's been around since the 90s and devs do cool stuff with the difficulty modes to insult those who can't play on the higher settings all the time. Stuff like this is just an excuse for people to complain - I actually can't believe Kotaku wrote a whole article about it.

As for my 2c on the matter (not sure how relevant this is this far in the thread but it's just an opinion):

I don't really think the petition will change much, honestly. Bethesda won't alter the difficulty of the game or the mode. It's meant to be soul-crushingly hard, and Mein Leben is only for masochists. You only attempt it if you know what you're getting yourself into.

I played it on and off for two weeks and after 61 attempts I earned the trophy. It was a grueling process, but the victory was that much sweeter because of it. If you can't earn it or choose not to earn it, then the best you can do is enjoy your 98% and be very vocal about how the game mode is too hard for you.

It now stands as one of my proudest accomplishments, and the fact that a handful of people have done it just makes the petition largely redundant. If you're going to have a shot at it, then go for it - but chances are the devs aren't going to make it any easier for you. The closest thing they MIGHT do is let you skip the cutscenes...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

I love the difficulty menu. It's been around since the 90s and devs do cool stuff with the difficulty modes to insult those who can't play on the higher settings all the time. Stuff like this is just an excuse for people to complain - I actually can't believe Kotaku wrote a whole article about it.

As for my 2c on the matter (not sure how relevant this is this far in the thread but it's just an opinion):

I don't really think the petition will change much, honestly. Bethesda won't alter the difficulty of the game or the mode. It's meant to be soul-crushingly hard, and Mein Leben is only for masochists. You only attempt it if you know what you're getting yourself into.

I played it on and off for two weeks and after 61 attempts I earned the trophy. It was a grueling process, but the victory was that much sweeter because of it. If you can't earn it or choose not to earn it, then the best you can do is enjoy your 98% and be very vocal about how the game mode is too hard for you.

It now stands as one of my proudest accomplishments, and the fact that a handful of people have done it just makes the petition largely redundant. If you're going to have a shot at it, then go for it - but chances are the devs aren't going to make it any easier for you. The closest thing they MIGHT do is let you skip the cutscenes...

The funny part is that probably this game will have 3 dlc's (one is joe adventure) and both with mein leben trophy. well they can create the petitions that they want bethesda is faithful to their ideas and will never change (thank god...)

To those people i just say :
lerne aus fehlern und spiele besser

14 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

The funny part is that probably this game will have 3 dlc's (one is joe adventure) and both with mein leben trophy. well they can create the petitions that they want bethesda is faithful to their ideas and will never change (thank god...)

To those people i just say :
lerne aus fehlern und spiele besser

The DLC’s are extremely short even before they’re divided into 3 volumes. If people really complain about how difficult that is then my advice would be to stick to piss easy games or VN’s. If you can’t get the plat then that’s tough luck, maybe try one of the other *6* difficulty options.

6 minutes ago, Dark said:

The DLC’s are extremely short even before they’re divided into 3 volumes. If people really complain about how difficult that is then my advice would be to stick to piss easy games or VN’s. If you can’t get the plat then that’s tough luck, maybe try one of the other *6* difficulty options.

even if they are short there are parts that are easy to die on dlc.
Im just gonna copypaste one phrase that a gamefaqs user wroteand that sums up what i think about this petition  https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/211295-wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus/75926618?page=1

"-Sometimes you just have to accept that you aren't good enough to win at everything. This mode is made for hardcore gaming savants or people who just want to test their limits. Yes its absolutely ridiculous and unwinnable by all but a handful of people but thats the point. -"

if you go to a cave and find a bear and if you dont have the ability to neutralize him you just dont go there. this game is exactly that, if someone doesn't have the ability to do better they just give up or never play is as simple as that.

1 minute ago, Rose Amicitia said:

even if they are short there are parts that are easy to die on dlc.

Only difficult part I found was the final section of Volume 3. Obviously I can’t speak for everyone, but it’s not that bad really. You can get through the rest of the dlc with safe strats.