Online Passes

The_Kopite

I was looking to buy Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Tekken 6 as I heard they were good games, and found this edition on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01975OVBM/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B01975OVBM&pd_rd_r=6b309610-c214-11e7-a008-71ec069f688d&pd_rd_w=npYAR&pd_rd_wg=Ev1B9&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=DXNRP2JE1HHXGK29MVGG&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=187bec3b-0822-4044-bbe9-441718232b3f&pf_rd_i=desktop

Now it says that the game comes from France, and I was wondering whether as Tekken TT2 and Tekken 6 require online passes to get the online trophies (AFAIK), will the online passes work for a UK PSN account when the game is coming from France?

Yes they Work.

Im portuguese and I buy a lot of games from Switzerland with france, german and italian codes. They're european codes so thats fine :)

BUT in case you are a physcal game collector, let me just remind you that all cover in Europe are translated to their language, so those will be mostly in French (and luck its multilanguage).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I almost forgot those god damn online passes existed. 

A lot of them had expiration dates, too. I'll have to go through some of my PS3 collection to see when they expire, I believe some were only good for a few years and I'm not sure if they are still available for purchase on PSN. Didn't EA get rid of all online passes and make the previous ones for games already released free?

Parker

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has replied, yeah was wondering about the possibility of it going on sale on psn store, or whether the online codes would have expired with it being an old game. Will probs take the chance and then just have to buy the online pass if required, which would be annoying sadly, but yeah lol

8 hours ago, Parker said:

A lot of them had expiration dates, too. I'll have to go through some of my PS3 collection to see when they expire, I believe some were only good for a few years and I'm not sure if they are still available for purchase on PSN. Didn't EA get rid of all online passes and make the previous ones for games already released free?

Parker

I remember at least a couple companies getting rid of them, yeah.

It really just sucks though. I understand this, that, and the other about studios wanting to make more money and whatnot, but as far as I remember, the only companies doing the online pass thing were big giant publishers who were already making a butt load of money like the aforementioned EA. I remember Need for Speed 2012 had one, LittleBigPlanet Karting did I think, and God of War Ascension too, been that long that I barely remember. I tell you what though, if they had have tried it a few years later, in the times when PlayStation people are being forced to pay for multiplayer locked behind the PS+ paywall, I feel like it wouldn't be forgotten so quickly.