Trophies award you with real money?

Extratenzy

ive heard several rumors about this... but can anyone can confirm its real?

btw, this works on US Regions only and trophies earned before this happened won't count.

100 silvers= $1

25 goldies= $2.50

10 plats= $10.00

This may become the biggest update for the trophy hunting community ever!

oh and lets all play Sound shapes, My name is mayo and get every easy plat again guys ;)

Edited by SniperEliteDido

To be fair, the amount of money you pay for 10 games and time you spend to get 10 platinums probably isn't worth a return of only $10. Of course if you already have 10 of the easiest games in the world and a USA alt account, you can just exploit the rewards for an extra $10 for hardly any effort. But if you're intending to buy 10 random easy games just to get $10 from Sony then you're being ripped off. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

100 silvers= $10.00 <-- incorrect 100 silvers = 100 points = ~$1.

25 goldies= $10.00 <-- incorrect 25 gold = 250 points = ~$2.50

10 plats= $10.00

^Value Edits.

Also, it isn't cash, it is PSN gift cards at best (which in theory you could sell for cash. Not sure how restrictive they are about tying it to the account).

But yes, it is real. https://www.sonyrewards.com

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

To be fair, the amount of money you pay for 10 games and time you spend to get 10 platinums probably isn't worth a return of only $10. Of course if you already have 10 of the easiest games in the world and a USA alt account, you can just exploit the rewards for an extra $10 for hardly any effort. But if you're intending to buy 10 random easy games just to get $10 from Sony then you're being ripped off. 

haha, well hell no lol, im planning on just platting Uncharted 1, 2, 3, truck racer, BF hardline, BF4, BF3, and many other games i still have lmao

SWEET HELL! THANKS ALSO FOR CLARRYFING :D

2 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

^Value Edits.

Also, it isn't cash, it is PSN gift cards at best (which in theory you could sell for cash. Not sure how restrictive they are about tying it to the account).

6 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

^Value Edits.

also quick question... do i have to be living in the US or just have an alt. US region or something?

10 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

^Value Edits.

it currently says i cant be going into the site because im outside of the US. 

so clearly this is for people living in the U.S only right?

1 minute ago, SniperEliteDido said:

haha, well hell no lol, im planning on just platting Uncharted 1, 2, 3, truck racer, BF hardline, BF4, BF3, and many other games i still have lmao

SWEET HELL! THANKS ALSO FOR CLARRYFING :D

No problem! Make sure to sign up and link your PSN account with that new account before hunting those plats. :P

12 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

it currently says i cant be going into the site because im outside of the US. 

so clearly this is for people living in the U.S only right?

Well, your account is US so, you can get the rewards.

To enter the website just use a VPN and sign up, after that you should be fine to start getting rewards. I guess you actually need to go to that website to claim the rewards every time.

EDIT:

I would like it to happen on EU but given the fact that Sony hasn't even implemented it on Canada, there is zero likelihood of this program going outside USA

Edited by charlijaen