Moira is out

TheLiamK

Playing my first game as her, pretty fun so far but she seems like she'll be hard to use.

Edit: So just finished the first game and she's more fun than I expected. I thought she'd basically be a Zen clone in terms of her kit but she's pretty different. Her basic attack is essential the same as Symmetra's damage beam, while her heal is basically the same range/spread as a flame thrower. Her teleport is good for getting out of certain situations and her bounce orb is probably the best part about her; firing a ball that heals or damages that bounces around damaging anything close enough to it. I'm not a huge fan of the ult so far but I've not used it a lot. She has a david bowie skin so...best character confirmed.

Edited by TheLiamK

1 minute ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I'll be giving her a try now.. i'm hopeful that i'll be seeing less Mercy players in competitive now with this new character/Ana buff :) 

Yea, Mercy still needs some work done. It is going to be interesting to see them balancing her without making her completely useless (*cough* roadhog *coughcough*). Hopefully this update will help that. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Yea, Mercy still needs some work done. It is going to be interesting to see them balancing her without making her completely useless (*cough* roadhog *coughcough*). Hopefully this update will help that. Lol.

I play a lot of hog, one small change that would make me so happy would be making is self-heal also reload his weapon, like Reapers wraith form. 

7 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I'll be giving her a try now.. i'm hopeful that i'll be seeing less Mercy players in competitive now with this new character/Ana buff :) 

Same, I hate Bastion so all of the Mercy/bastion/orisa is getting me down haha.

1 minute ago, TheLiamK said:

I play a lot of hog, one small change that would make me so happy would be making is self-heal also reload his weapon, like Reapers wraith form. 

I have over 50 hours on him before the nerf, and I have played him since, but he is just not fun anymore. :/ That would be a nice little buff though.

Moira has simply the easiest DLC trophies! I’ve got her two trophies without effort and I have no clue how I unlocked them. xD

I mean, I guessed that for Triple Trigonometry, you need at least to have both heal and damage orbs to hit many players at once without dying.

For Antipod, I cannot understand how. I guessed that you need to hit 7 players (alies and ennemies) with a single use of Ultimate. The thing is there was less than 7 players in front of me. I guess that I need to hit enemies 7 times in a row? I don’t know...

I cannot really say how to do it but it was nice that trophies unlocked than I expected! :awesome: Well, back to my 100%... until the next hero. :P

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

For Antipod, I cannot understand how. I guessed that you need to hit 7 players (alies and ennemies) with a single use of Ultimate. The thing is there was less than 7 players in front of me. I guess that I need to hit enemies 7 times in a row? I don’t know...

Zarya's bubbles, Torbjorn's turret and Junkrat's mine and trap count as enemies, so enemies with a Zarya bubble over them will count as two.

And you had to hit 7 enemies/allies at one time with her ultimate, not with a single use.

I agree though, they were very easy.. Only took me around 2 hours, compared to Doomfist that took almost 11 hours.

Edited by SlimSanta94

It's a little early but I have a feeling Moira will be my favourite hero yet, both in terms of gameplay and her character. Playing with her is easy enough without being an overpowered forced, balancing healing and killing at once feels more satisfying as Moira than it has with any other characters with abilities similar to that. The character isn't a bland as I personally have found the others, I love her lines and she's the one I'd probably want to be in real life if I had the chance. Anyway, those are my thoughts, I think I'm a little obsessed with the character at the moment and I don't feel ashamed yet. 

I'm curious to hear from the rest of you; what is Moira's best skin? personally, I really like the epic "Pale" skin and at the moment it's been the only skin I've used my points to purchase. What about you people? I'd love to hear. 

Edited by Crispy78923
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Crispy78923 said:

It's a little early but I have a feeling Moira will be my favourite hero yet, both in terms of gameplay and her character. Playing as her is easy enough without being an overpowered forced, balancing healing and killing at once feels more satisfying as Moira than it has with any other characters with abilities similar to that. The character isn't a bland as I personally have found the others, I love her lines and she's the one I'd probably want to be in real life if I had the chance. Anyway those are my thoughts, I think I'm a little obsessed with the character at the moment and I don't feel ashamed yet. 

I'm curious to hear from the rest of you; what is Moira's best skin? personally I really like the epic "Pale" skin and at the moment it's been the only skin I've used my points to purchase. What about you people? I'd love to hear. 

Yeah I am loving her as well; it's hard to describe but there is a really great feeling 'flow' to playing her(I know that makes no sense :P) Unlike the other healers, it doesn't feel passive at all. Best thing about her for me is throwing out the "Stupidity is not a right" voice line when people spam I need healing(damn Genji's :D ) Her classic skin is great but my fave is the 'Glam' skin, has a David Bowie feel to it and I'm a huge fan. I her alt is absolutely amazing as well. Her, Winston and Junkrat are tied for my favorites at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

I have played a bit of Moira and I can say that she is one of my favorite DLC characters in the game. As a support main, she's a lot of fun and I feel like I can do a lot either offensively or defensively.

On 11/18/2017 at 1:03 PM, Maxie Mouse said:

Moira has simply the easiest DLC trophies! I’ve got her two trophies without effort and I have no clue how I unlocked them.

Very nice! So far, I think her trophies are the easiest of the "DLC" characters. I got her Simple Trigonometry trophy kind of randomly. I noticed that I got her damage orb depleted entirely and then I stayed back and kept throwing out my healing orb when I could... Lo and behold, I was able to get it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/30/2018 at 8:25 AM, LovesAnInjection said:

How do I know I have completely depleted an orb? Also do I have to line up 7 players at the same time with the ulti or can I move around and hit multiple enemies that way?

I want to know this as well.I've tried what the guide says and it's not popping at all.

I don't know if they've patched the trophy to fix it and make it simultaneous again.. or..

But it's definitely not popping for different people (health missing on teammates) on multiple ults for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1.6.2018 at 8:30 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I want to know this as well.I've tried what the guide says and it's not popping at all.

I don't know if they've patched the trophy to fix it and make it simultaneous again.. or..

But it's definitely not popping for different people (health missing on teammates) on multiple ults for me. 

The trophy was patched to retarded so you actually have to hit the 7 players that are in one line. I had to boost it.

• 3 weeks later...
On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 5:24 PM, LovesAnInjection said:

The trophy was patched to retarded so you actually have to hit the 7 players that are in one line. I had to boost it.

i think its glitched, i got 8 on one line and it didnt pop, i'm a moira main with 50+ hours.. preety frustrating.. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2018 at 3:24 PM, LovesAnInjection said:

Honestly I was about to type out this long essay about how stupid the trophy is and I just realized all you need is a Zarya who Ults on all 6 Enemies, get Junkrat or Orisa to push in anyone that tries to avoid Zarya's ult, then once you've engulfed all six enemies, have your teammate stand next to the six enemies, then Moira Ults on several people at once. It takes coordination and can't be achieved by Moira alone, it strong arms you into coordinating a huge plan. The only reason these games get updated to the point where Trophies become harder to achieve is to artificially force you to keep playing. They can't (legally, in Blizzard's contract with developing the game) delete ANY of the Heroes, but they CAN alter them. This is why Mercy's abilities were changed instead of Mercy just being outright removed, now that she's the worst resurrecting healer, you need someone that can keep you live from a distance that isn't Ana, enter Moira. She can only co-exist with Mercy because Mercy was nerfed (twice). She would be useless otherwise. I'm on 81% in the Base game trophies and I can smile knowing that after 2.5 years of trying to climb competitive, once I get this Platinum, I never have to play this abysmal fucking game ever again. It's flawed by design and will never be fixed.

Do yourself a favor; exclusively play Quick Play mode, get all the trophies before another Nerf is introduced, get the Platinum, delete the game, thus avoiding ripping your pubes out from frustration. Overwatch will NOT be a game by 2020. It will either die a death or be rebranded completely in a sequel. There will be a next-gen console in the next five years and Blizzard DO NOT have a contingency plan to make Overwatch adaptable to newer consoles. They would outright expect to you buy (as an example) the PS5 Remastered Version of Overwatch: Origins Edition.

The same - fucking - game. With all of its built in flaws. Get the Platinum and run.

1 hour ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

Honestly I was about to type out this long essay about how stupid the trophy is and I just realized all you need is a Zarya who Ults on all 6 Enemies, get Junkrat or Orisa to push in anyone that tries to avoid Zarya's ult, then once you've engulfed all six enemies, have your teammate stand next to the six enemies, then Moira Ults on several people at once. It takes coordination and can't be achieved by Moira alone, it strong arms you into coordinating a huge plan. The only reason these games get updated to the point where Trophies become harder to achieve is to artificially force you to keep playing. They can't (legally, in Blizzard's contract with developing the game) delete ANY of the Heroes, but they CAN alter them. This is why Mercy's abilities were changed instead of Mercy just being outright removed, now that she's the worst resurrecting healer, you need someone that can keep you live from a distance that isn't Ana, enter Moira. She can only co-exist with Mercy because Mercy was nerfed (twice). She would be useless otherwise. I'm on 81% in the Base game trophies and I can smile knowing that after 2.5 years of trying to climb competitive, once I get this Platinum, I never have to play this abysmal fucking game ever again. It's flawed by design and will never be fixed.

Do yourself a favor; exclusively play Quick Play mode, get all the trophies before another Nerf is introduced, get the Platinum, delete the game, thus avoiding ripping your pubes out from frustration. Overwatch will NOT be a game by 2020. It will either die a death or be rebranded completely in a sequel. There will be a next-gen console in the next five years and Blizzard DO NOT have a contingency plan to make Overwatch adaptable to newer consoles. They would outright expect to you buy (as an example) the PS5 Remastered Version of Overwatch: Origins Edition.

The same - fucking - game. With all of its built in flaws. Get the Platinum and run.

Lol clearly not a fan of the game.

Mercy has been nerfed more than twice! Her ultimate used to rez 6 players at once which was her original trophy.

Symmetra has been changed more than any other character because people don't like her.

I don't believe the game will die out. With OWL and numerous sponsors of the game, it's becoming the biggest esport in history. I don't see Fortnite or Realm Royale getting prime broadcasting slots from ESPN, MLG or Disney.

The Animated shorts draw new players in also.

The game will be around for years! It a Blizzard game so it will last. Just look at WoW, or Diablo. They've been around for decades and I see Overwatch lasting just as long.

Nice reply; but WoW only survived because it only exists on PC it doesn't have to release a new version itself because computers aren't consoles - Diablo died a death at on the third game. You're saying I'm not a fan whereas you clearly are, we're going to have continuous conflicting opinions so I'm stopping it right here.

I am telling you; Blizzard has NO contingency plan for Overwatch; they're doing exactly as you described, riding the train of it being popular for years to come.

The Sims 4, Overwatch, SpyParty, Paladins, Battle Royale - What do these games have in common? They're part of the Soft era of graphics. Soft era describes Abzu, Deidal, Poi - Soft graphics. We're bored of FPS Triple-A titles (Blacks Ops III and Advanced Warfare died in the market because of this) that have hyper realistic graphics because they're all the same. Eventually, the formula for Overwatch is going to be copied. Eventually we will reach Soft Era fatigue and that is happening faster than you realize. Why do you think the trend for making Retro-esque games stopped after Undertale, because just before Undertale's release everyone and their mother were getting into the market of making retro games like Evoland.

Oversaturation kills a genre or artistic style - Overwatch is not immune to this. I'm not saying ONLY Overwatch will die, I'm saying every other game mimicking its formula will die with it. Paladins, Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 will die together.

Once there are 25 Games in high popularity that are all effectively the same game with different coats of paint, no one is going to care anymore. This is why Collect-a-thons were dead for over a decade until Yooka-laylee re-sparked interest.

Rayman Legends was right there but no one gave a dying rat's ass, it wasn't until Yooka-laylee did something different (albeit badly) that people cared again.

This is why no one cares about Amnesia or Five Nights at Freddie's anymore, there's an Oversaturation and Fatigue of horror games, this is ultimately what killed the Evil Within 2 because the first game had too much DLC released at one time.

Inadvertently causing the fatigue that killed its own sales. This is also why no one cares about zombie games anymore, if you've played one you've played them all.

But you're absolutely convinced that there will be an interest in Overwatch for years to come? You've no idea how genre fatigue effects the gaming market.

Overwatch, Paladins and Team Fortress 2 are at their core; the same game. Once there are 25 games simultaneously in popularity, the flavor of the month is the winner, that being the newest, the one that offers something new. Overwatch would have to release numerous characters to compete with the ever growing market, once there's 50 characters to play as in Overwatch - literally who the fuck cares at that point, you cannot create a sustainable engine that has 25 counters for characters each way, eventually there will be too many nerfs and buffs to micro-manage, but that can be avoided by not competing, but then they fade into history and lose popularity. Double-edged sword. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.