Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Debut Trailer

Honestly, I am not too excited about this game. They slaughtered the series after brotherhood. I used to be a huge fan of assassins creed, owning collectors editions of all games and getting them on midnight launch, but I think I'll pass on this one. It's just not the same anymore.

• Like 2

Oh dear. As the old saying goes too much of a good thing is bad, and that most certainly rings true when I think of the Assassin's Creed series. What started out as a genuinely unique, engaging series has almost completely lost the run of itself. Instead of taking breaks between games, they're being churned out at an alarming rate with less care, devotion and attention being bestowed upon each passing game. 

Seriously, the developers should retire the series for at least two years and have a good long, hard think about where it would be best to take the series. I'm not talking about best in terms of economical revenue, but in terms of quality. They're just applying disjointed and nonsensical stories to the name, as opposed to actually thinking this shit out; the mythology of the series has now become comically mishandled, with severe plot-holes commonplace and lacklustre attempts to explain previous mysteries; you just get the impression that the writers are making the shit up as they go along, instead of creating a developed, thought-out story-arc. 

I guess the Assassin's Creed series' dance with greatness with evanescent. Unfortunately, if the series was better handled, it well and truly could've been a perpetually fantastic series: now it's just an incessant reminder that sometimes money is given precedent over pride in one's work.

Just stripped the words right out of my mouth (although in the most professional route I've seen thus far). Gota never fails to speak the truth!

Any who, may this game burn and die along with the rest of the yearly iterations.

They're already make IV?  Geez...  It seems like just yesterday we had 3.

i thought the series was dead due to AC3

let me guess... the next AC game in the future will happen in the feudal japan where you control a ninja assassin. 

No.  After you finish the game, there's a mission involving "pivots".

If they don't step up their game here and make this AC as good as AC2 then this series will be officialy run to the ground, although I don't see that happening, not for me at least. I really hated the ship missions in AC3, I thought they were all just utter rubbish and just there to lengthen the game but honestly, they just made it worse.

Let's see if Ubisoft have an ace up their sleeve here. I sure hope they do.

wow....awesome vid! I hope that the graphics actually look that good on the PS4....I bet they will.

Can't promise how long this will be up for, so watch it while you can!!

You might have to watch it directly on yt

Ok, seriously guys, I bought the Anthology in December and am currently playing ACB, you saying that ACR is where it starts crumbling doesn't sound so good :S

Still, I'll wait and see for myself, but I agree when you say it's early for a new one, starts to look like CoD, new game every year, each year more disapointing, let's hope it won't come to that

Updated the OP with the official video, just in case you couldn't see the other for any reason ;)

And I agree that the games do seem to be coming out a bit too often, but hey, it's not like they're carbon copies of each other like CoD. Revelations was crap in my opinion, but 3 was great :D And I'm pretty sure 4 will be worth playing too.

Ok, seriously guys, I bought the Anthology in December and am currently playing ACB, you saying that ACR is where it starts crumbling doesn't sound so good :S

Still, I'll wait and see for myself, but I agree when you say it's early for a new one, starts to look like CoD, new game every year, each year more disapointing, let's hope it won't come to that

My guess,not mocking,unfortunately it would come to what COD have come to.