What are you reading?

Rankineer

• 2 weeks later...

Band of Brothers is my favorite tv series, I just find it fascinating for some reason. I've already read the book it's based on and i've also read the books about Maj. Dick Winters (Beyond Band of Brothers) and Sgt. Don Malarkey (Easy Company Soldier), and now it's time for this one.

spacer.png

Edited by MITNL
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, MITNL said:

Band of Brothers is my favorite tv series, I just find it fascinating for some reason. I've already read the book it's based on and i've also read the books about Maj. Dick Winters (Beyond Band of Brothers) and Sgt. Don Malarkey (Easy Company Soldier), and now it's time for this one.

I went to Bastogne in 2022, and you can visit the foxholes Easy Company manned during the Battle of the Bulge. Also, the American Military Cemetery in Luxembourg has a half dozen Easy Company men buried there that died during the battle. 
Very  cool sites and I highly recommend visiting if you can. 

Not sure if you watched The Pacific, but “With the Old Breed,” by Eugene Sledge is one of the best WWII autobiographies.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 12:03 AM, PerryToxteth said:

I went to Bastogne in 2022, and you can visit the foxholes Easy Company manned during the Battle of the Bulge. Also, the American Military Cemetery in Luxembourg has a half dozen Easy Company men buried there that died during the battle. 
Very  cool sites and I highly recommend visiting if you can. 

Not sure if you watched The Pacific, but “With the Old Breed,” by Eugene Sledge is one of the best WWII autobiographies.

I share this interest with my 3 brothers, so hopefully we can visit Normandy, Bastogne, Luxembourg and maybe even Berchtesgaden together someday as a band of brothers :)

We also have an American Military Cemetery here in the Netherlands in Margraten, could be interesting too.

I watched The Pacific a few months ago, but I didn't like it as much because it's much harder to follow. But i'm definitely going to buy that book, and after i've read it, perhaps i'll give The Pacific another go👍

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...