Mega Man X Collection Coming to PS4 Summer '18

Parker

15 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They're not being split up, it's one collection with 2 discs

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 releases in Japan on July 26, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The game will get a physical release only on PS4 and Switch in Japan, where the PS4 version will come in two discs and the Switch version will come with a Switch cartridge and a download.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/10/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-1-2-officially-announced-releases-july-26-in-japan/#cDBZ3FjWqQsLEfZY.99

... In other words, for someone like me who buys digital, yes they're split up :)

9 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It will likely be one download too. Unless you can provide a source otherwise

His ability (or lack thereof) to "provide a source otherwise" does not change the likelihood of two collections being one download. I have grave doubts that this will be one download (otherwise, why call it two collections?).

My guess is that people who buy physical must pay for both collections simultaneously (in part to offset the costs of physical delivery, as well as to account for any used-game market loss). I have no source for this, but it makes fantastic economic sense, and might be a great idea for these types of collections moving forward.

20 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It will likely be one download too. Unless you can provide a source otherwise

Going to use your source. If, on the Switch, S1 is on cartridge while S2 is a downloadcode then it's probable that the digital download will be separate as well. Precedent: Bayonetta.

Of course, they might do the same as Bayonetta as in buying one digitally gives a discount on the other, but it'll be a separate buy nontheless. If the retail version has the collection separated then I don't think there's any likelihood to the digital collection being one single game.

Edited by The Spark
typo

1 hour ago, The Spark said:

Going to yse your source. If, on the Switch, S1 is on cartridge while S2 is a downloadcode then it's probable that the digital download will be separate as well. Precedent: Bayonetta.

Of course, they might do the same as Bayonetta as in buying one digitally gives a discount on the other, but it'll be a separate buy nontheless. If the retail version has the collection separated then I don't think there's any likelihood to the digital collection being one single game.

snip

Edited by SnowxSakura

I red that the switch version will have the first collection on disc, but the second one comes inside the box as a code.

Why they do a crap like this? People that buy physical editions, they want everything in there, not a stupid download code. Just to have a empty case? Aff

Hope they join both collections in one disc on PS4. Its megaman, it’s full collection doesn’t need 50Gb of space. PS2 Megaman Anthology has proved that already.

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

I'm asking for the almighty Megaman X Collection. Not for some boring robot that can't dash or climb walls.

That's just an assumption based on something earlier. I prefer to stay optimistic.

Just now, Katt said:

I'm asking for the almighty Megaman X Collection. Not for some boring robot that can't dash or climb walls.

That's just an assumption based on something earlier. I prefer to stay optimistic.

Starting in mega man 3 he could dash too. And obviously, I said IF it is like the prior legacy collections.

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Starting in mega man 3 he could dash too. And obviously, I said IF it is like the prior legacy collections.

ah, the sliding, that's not a dash at all. Please, if you can't quote any valid source, don't say that, there are some people who want to have a platinum related to Megaman X since when the trophy system was implemented. Besides, I refuse to believe it's Resident Evil 4 all over again. They can't be THAT stupid.

Just now, Katt said:

ah, the sliding, that's not a dash at all. Please, if you can't quote any valid source, don't say that, there are some people who want to have a platinum related to Megaman X since when the trophy system was implemented. Besides, I refuse to believe it's Resident Evil 4 all over again. They can't be THAT stupid.

Sorry man, but sliding and dashing is the same thing, just semantics. I love the x series myself, but with capcoms track record, I have no trust that they won't do another situation like resident evil 4

LOL. This thread is great!

For the record, Mega Man > Mega Man X, but Mega Man X is cool, too. This is the obviously correct and only opinion.?

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

A Japanese company can't be that stupid? Oh, if only...?

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

LOL. This thread is great!

For the record, Mega Man > Mega Man X, but Mega Man X is cool, too. This is the obviously correct and only opinion.1f600.png

A Japanese company can't be that stupid? Oh, if only...1f61e.png

The DOS releases right? Those were perfect versions :awesome:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I never even knew those existed until yesterday, when I saw an AVGN that I had never seen before. That's so strange that it got brought up today. 

Hopefully they'll eventually do a legacy collection for all the handheld releases too, some pretty good games there

Update

The Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2 is a part of Mega Man’s 30th anniversary celebration. It includes Mega Man X, X2, X3, and X in Legacy Collection and X5, X6, X7, and X8 in Legacy Collection 2. They’ll be available as separate purchases for $19.99 each or a retail bundle for $39.99 in a combo that includes a disc for each collection on PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. As previously reported, the Switch version will include a cartridge with Mega Man X Legacy Collection and a digital download voucher for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/10/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-1-2-launches-july-24-west/#WTERDiBPfFvpXgQC.99

only the digital version will have separate releases.

I stand corrected

If you’re in the mood for the wailing 16-bit guitars of Mega Man X, X2, and X3, you’re in luck – both collections will include a full soundtrack for all four games included in each one.  There are even brand-new tracks created just for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 to check out, and incredible remixes of memorable music from each game.

hopefully that means it will be the snes soundtrack of x3 instead of the psone port(although both wouldn't be bad)
Edited by SnowxSakura

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Either that, or it's more like Final Fantasy X or the Sly collection on the vita, the other game is a download code, but not available as a separate digital purchase. Either way, it's probably going to cost around 50 dollars for the package. As to why I believe it's going to be one collection is the name itself, 1+2, the legacy collection upcoming for the switch of the classic titles is also called 1+2 and it includes both with one being on cart and the other being a download code included with the case

Not familiar with those. I guess we'll see when it arrives. Seeing as the difference in retail, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one digital game on PS4 and two on Switch, somehow.

Those old Mega Man collections are supposed to be released on Switch as well, by the way. I'm not really interested in them though. We see how I feel after the first batch of X games.

4 minutes ago, Katt said:

Slide: can't be canceled

Dash: can be canceled and used strategically (dash + Z-Saber)

Slide can be canceled in 3-5 fyi. Saber dash cancelling while true, it is anything but strategic, it's just as mindless as using the hadoken in x1, the shoryuken in x2, or the z saber on x3. You're also comparing 2 completely different characters with rock versus zero instead of rock versus x