Mega Man X Collection Coming to PS4 Summer '18

Parker

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

You're also comparing 2 completely different characters with rock versus zero instead of rock versus x

I bet you didn't watch the whole video. But forget it, we are just talking nonsense of who is better. For me: Megaman X > Megaman. And I refuse to believe there is no platinum. If they don't add it, well, shit, I can live with it. I'm only expressing my hype despite everything. End.

Just now, Katt said:

I bet you didn't watch the whole video. But forget it, we are just talking nonsense of who is better. For me: Megaman X > Megaman. And I refuse to believe there is no platinum. If they don't add it, well, shit, I can live with it. I'm only expressing my hype despite everything. End.

Never talked about who was better, I don't even like the classic games and only play the x series. Just pointing out the problems with the whole slide versus dash, both series have them. Any speedrun shows how they can be effectively used when canceled 

Don't know if I'm in the minority, but 8 plats and trophy lists is a huge turn off. It might make me not buy a collection at all. One plat with quality picture of Zero titled "Maverick Hunter". That's the kind of plat I want. These games aren't new anymore, nor are they all that expansive, so I rather not have 8 times no damage, no upgrade speedruns, when there are more fun things to do like getting the Z-saber, Hadouken or the special armors. Maybe filling out some bonus datalog from all games as well. It would still be a rare plat due to all the content.

Bit disappointed Command Mission wasn't included but this will still be great to have since X by far is my favorite entry in the megaman franchise. You'd figure with those bonuses they added they could have included Command Mission or the Maverick Hunter X remake

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

Don't know if I'm in the minority, but 8 plats and trophy lists is a huge turn off.

Don't take my words too seriously, It's just I'm a huge Megaman X fan since I was a kid. You are not a minority, when I say "I want 8 platinums" I know it's totally impossible. But I really want at least 1.

Just now, majob said:

Bit disappointed Command Mission wasn't included

^THIS

22 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Update

The Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2 is a part of Mega Man’s 30th anniversary celebration. It includes Mega Man X, X2, X3, and X in Legacy Collection and X5, X6, X7, and X8 in Legacy Collection 2. They’ll be available as separate purchases for $19.99 each or a retail bundle for $39.99 in a combo that includes a disc for each collection on PS4, Xbox One, and Switch. As previously reported, the Switch version will include a cartridge with Mega Man X Legacy Collection and a digital download voucher for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/10/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-1-2-launches-july-24-west/#WTERDiBPfFvpXgQC.99

only the digital version will have separate releases.

I stand corrected

If you’re in the mood for the wailing 16-bit guitars of Mega Man X, X2, and X3, you’re in luck – both collections will include a full soundtrack for all four games included in each one.  There are even brand-new tracks created just for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 to check out, and incredible remixes of memorable music from each game.

hopefully that means it will be the snes soundtrack of x3 instead of the psone port(although both wouldn't be bad)

I have to pay an extra penny for that disc?!?

• 2 weeks later...

no Maverick Hunter X? I would have liked to see them do part 2 and 3 like that but oh well. I might get this collection

On 4/10/2018 at 2:18 PM, SnowxSakura said:

They really should have included command mission, the psp remake and the 2 game boy color Xtreme games

Command Mission would be cool but it needs and Invert axis. the altered axis gets annoying which is why I can only play the game in small increments.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

• 2 months later...

Update: Capcom is fixing the localized names from Mega Man X5 to their original names instead of the guns n roses references thankfully

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mega-man-undoes-one-of-its-weirdest-choices-with-n/1100-6460045/

"

The upcoming Mega Man X Legacy Collection is undoing one of the more odd and divisive moments in the series history. When Mega Man X5 was localized for the Americas in 2001, it ditched the usual naming scheme for the eight robot bosses and instead named them all oblique references to Guns N' Roses band members. Capcom is reverting them back to the traditional names for the compilation release.

The revised names were apparent in a video put out by the official Capcom Unity blog to promote the new X Challenge Mode, in which players take on two bosses at once. A Capcom spokesperson confirmed the change to GameSpot:

"In our mission to make these collections an authentic Mega Man X experience, we took the opportunity to better align the naming of the Mega Man X5 Mavericks across all regions for better narrative cohesion across the series, making the names more aligned with the original Japanese version release. We hope that fans appreciate our intent to unify the Mega Man X Maverick-naming convention all these years later."

Mega Man has always had musical inspirations, from the helper robots "Rock" and "Roll" to the bird Beat and the rival robots Bass and Treble. Still, though, the GnR references broke with the traditional naming scheme and created a stir in the fan community, and Capcom is actually taking the opportunity to address it."

On 4/10/2018 at 2:06 PM, Dorroile said:

So they're putting the good MMX games in the first collection, and the bad ones in the second collection? That's very kind of them, it means that nobody will have to play MMX6 unless they feel they deserve to be punished

X5 and X6 were pretty damn good IMHO. I started off playing MegaMan X4 and was hooked since then. Now, I'll have the opportunity to play the whole X series. Never played MegaMan X-X3 and didn't play X7, so I'm getting my monies worth right out the gate. 

On 10/04/2018 at 8:06 PM, Dorroile said:

So they're putting the good MMX games in the first collection, and the bad ones in the second collection? That's very kind of them, it means that nobody will have to play MMX6 unless they feel they deserve to be punished

7 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

X5 and X6 were pretty damn good IMHO. I started off playing MegaMan X4 and was hooked since then. Now, I'll have the opportunity to play the whole X series. Never played MegaMan X-X3 and didn't play X7, so I'm getting my monies worth right out the gate. 

I've only ever played the first X game but I've heard from others too that the later games weren't that good. To each their own, of course.