Mega Man X Collection Coming to PS4 Summer '18

Parker

9 minutes ago, Parker said:

I'm more excited for this than Mega Man 11, to be honest. 

same tbh.

LET'S HOPE THEY COME WITH 8 DIFFERENT PLATS...

who I'm kidding. that will not happen. but I want to believe.

Mega Man X was a staple game during my childhood so I am definitely excited for this.  I didn't realize MM 11 was on it's way as well!?  :o 

Edit: just watched the MM11 trailer.  I'm officially stoked now.  Looks really good.

Also, never played x8 but jeezus was x7 bad.  Tornado Tonion...uggh

Edited by daftprophet
  • Like 1

Hell Yeah!! I get to play MegaMan X4-X6 all over again!! Playing X4 and X5 on my PS3, and need to find a copy of X6 (wished it was on the PS Store, but oh well). I wonder if there will be a speed run trophy somewhere in there? :hmm: better start watching TAS videos on YouTube lol 

I'm fucking getting both! Megaman X collection and Megaman 11! Megaman 11 looks great so far in it's early build, and I will have the opportunity to play all Megaman X games from the SNES era! Did Capcom finally pull their heads outta their asses? If DMC5 gets revealed I might be very convinced! And with Monster Hunter World and Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition coming out, I believe they are finally doing something right here!?

Can't believe this ha amazing news,was replaying X5 some weeks ago on Vita.It's funny cuz I was talking with a friend how the X series deserved a collection way more than the old Megaman games.Ha I wonder what they'll ask from X5 related to trophies...people nowadays whine for any slightly hard game,they will give up playing X5 on the 2nd lvl lol.I see an ultra rare plat incoming hehe.

... to PS4, and Switch, and X1, and PC :)

Mega Man X is the only Mega Man game I really played a lot. Now that all Mega Man games will be playable on one console, I might just check them all out. Probably on the Switch since I might want to tackle these games one level at a time, as well as on holidays.

Also, Mega Man X on the Switch means one less reason to keep the SNES around... The countdown has begun. Though the console should be safe from my selling wrath as there's no way I'm going to see stuff like Astérix & Obélix or Jurassic Park 1&2 on a current gen console, so there's going to remain a couple of games that I'll keep the SNES around for. I was excited when Super Star Wars was released for PS4 but we never got Super The Empire Strikes Back or Super Return Of The Jedi.

4 hours ago, Piano Reeves said:

I'm not much of a MM fan, but I welcome collections like this any time. The prices for the original SNES cartridges are beyond belief.

Your name made me do a spit take.

Also yeah Mega Man cartridges are up there with Castlevania and Link To The Past.

4 hours ago, MegaZeroXX said:

Megaman X Collection! Can't wait for next year. Good thing that they are incorporating all X games into one collection. I certainly believe that legacy collection 1 and 2 should be in one disc, but oh well. 

Just want to point out to you, before you get too excited, that nowhere in the reveal it says that it will actually be a collection. Could be a collection, could be two collections, could be all games separately.

• 4 months later...

New details for the Japanese version are available (USA edition details should be announced soon).

Capcom Japan today announced Rockman X Anniversary Collection 1 and Rockman X Anniversary Collection 2 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Anniversary Collection 1 will include X1 through X4 and Anniversary Collection 2 with X5 through X8. Both collections are due in Japan on July 26th. 

In addition to the games themselves, both collections will feature their share of extra content. There's a concept art gallery, a music gallery, a merchandise gallery (nice!) and a video gallery featuring various trailers AND The Day of Sigma in its entirety. Various borders and filters will be available at your disposal too. They've even increased the resolution of X7 and X8! To top it all off, the collections will feature a brand-new "X Challenge" mode, where you fight multiple bosses from different games at the same time!

In Japan, the collections will receive individual physical editions as well as a physical 1+2 bundle. It's 2 discs on PlayStation 4. For Nintendo Switch, AC1 will be on the cartridge and AC2 will be a download code. The PC and Xbox versions will be digital only (again, this is for Japan).

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/04/rockman-x-anniversary-collection-1-2.html

I'll just be getting the first collection. I liked X1 but I have no idea if I'll like other titles in the franchise.

Also...

On 05/12/2017 at 5:11 AM, MegaZeroXX said:

Megaman X Collection! Can't wait for next year. Good thing that they are incorporating all X games into one collection. I certainly believe that legacy collection 1 and 2 should be in one disc, but oh well. 

On 05/12/2017 at 9:22 AM, The Spark said:

Just want to point out to you, before you get too excited, that nowhere in the reveal it says that it will actually be a collection. Could be a collection, could be two collections, could be all games separately.

I'm sorry that I was right.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, they're splitting the collections again, huh? I'll be waiting for sales, then.

1 hour ago, The Spark said:

I'll just be getting the first collection. I liked X1 but I have no idea if I'll like other titles in the franchise.

Also...

I'm sorry that I was right.

They're not being split up, it's one collection with 2 discs

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 releases in Japan on July 26, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The game will get a physical release only on PS4 and Switch in Japan, where the PS4 version will come in two discs and the Switch version will come with a Switch cartridge and a download.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/10/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-1-2-officially-announced-releases-july-26-in-japan/#cDBZ3FjWqQsLEfZY.99
Edited by SnowxSakura