The Doomsday Heist DLC trophy thoughts

XmodE_7

1 hour ago, JSVilleneuve said:

First congratulations xD

Second: Are you sure the heavy armor suits makes any diference now? I mean the old ones we used on previous heists, i think you know what i´m talking about :)

Or are you talking about the new ones?

I just read that the heist outfits are good for the setups and finales, but sometimes the game doesn't let you choose them and forces you to use an outfit specific to the heist. I think the ones I used were available when the previous heists were on the game, I didn't use any new ones.  

1 hour ago, NinjaChibusa said:

I had the same over on Xbox One with Destiny, When the first raid came out everyone i'd get in touch with would just slate me for not using a mic. Luckily i found a group of people that were willing to let me join as long as i was able to at least join a party to hear instructions etc. Ultimately, we were one of the first few groups recognized for completing the raid without a death. Was good to show the middle finger to those that shun me.

Again, with the statement above, i agree that good teammates are a MUST. I struggle to agree with you on the mic "Without that is almost impossible" statement. Whats impossible is having people accept you even if you are not using a mic, i will never discriminate against people just because of their personal choices. As a community shouldn't we be prepared to help others? I wouldn't mind so much if people said "OK no mic, prove yourself a good player, listen to instructions and we'll let you join"

Me and a friend ran through the heist "without communication" and only died a handful of times between us, if that. Most of those were irrelevant as well as it was randoms killing us going to and from the facility on preparations. I'm not the best player out there but i'd try my damnedest to not let myself or my team down. With or without a mic. 

Ultimately, it wouldn't be any harder than if you're all in party talking about that booze up you had last Saturday, because its very rare you go into any party with people and their just talking about whats relevant to boost. The "Leader" or "Host" could easily point out to the person without a mic, go here, go there, the EXACT same thing that they would do if i had a mic and the only difference being that people without a mic couldn't answer. It comes down to people shunning others because of their choices.

I think this is why a lot of people get p*ssed off with these types of trophies. Either be it having no friends that play the same game, needing to have a mic or needing 8,493 people to complete a task. Devs need to wise up to this sh*t.

Of all my trophies only two i’ve partially used a mic, and those were completly doable without. But for games which requires more playing like Uncharted 4 survival DLC, i did it completly without. To me you could find more dedicated pepole without, sure it requires a bit more planning. But i rather do that then have pepole scream at me for beeing an idiot. To say it this way, i plan on completion these heist without ever using a mic.

12 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

Of all my trophies only two i’ve partially used a mic, and those were completly doable without. But for games which requires more playing like Uncharted 4 survival DLC, i did it completly without. To me you could find more dedicated pepole without, sure it requires a bit more planning. But i rather do that then have pepole scream at me for beeing an idiot. To say it this way, i plan on completion these heist without ever using a mic.

Everyone I played with while going for the trophy used mics. I don't understand why people act so strongly against verbal communication, if you can't talk on a mic to someone online then I dread to think what kind of future prospects that person may have in the real world where you need to face people in person. Anyway, having a mic has a lot of advantages while going for the Masterminds trophy, most specifically if you are playing and an enemy is behind everyone you can say "Enemy behind us". There was also a part where we had to drop bombs from a plane in Act 3 and when you do it as four players, the pilot has to fly above those bombs while one person has to drop the bombs, that means the pilot has to say to the bomber "Drop them now" to indicate they're flying in a suitable location. With the mic, you can immediately inform people of what they have to do if you need to make a quick decision. The PS4 message interface isn't very friendly because you need to press a bunch of buttons to send a message, maybe the game should have had an in-game text chat option, but I think even Rockstar thinks people would use mics. There are more pros than cons to using a mic, I think it makes the game more enjoyable and you can make the grind more bearable, I mean you're going to spend 30+ hours playing with people on the game. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sergen said:

Me and @Potent_Delusions fulfilled the "Masterminds" trophy now and it seems like we're the first people in the world to do it. I wrote a lot about the trophy here if anyone on this thread is interested in knowing more about the trophy: 

Congrats to all of you. 

Is it correct that you can die as long as you dont hit R2 / quick replay and instead quit out and restart the mission entirely? Or will a death void the trophy no matter what?

11 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Everyone I played with while going for the trophy used mics. I don't understand why people act so strongly against verbal communication, if you can't talk on a mic to someone online then I dread to think what kind of future prospects that person may have in the real world where you need to face people in person. Anyway, having a mic has a lot of advantages while going for the Masterminds trophy, most specifically if you are playing and an enemy is behind everyone you can say "Enemy behind us". There was also a part where we had to drop bombs from a plane in Act 3 and when you do it as four players, the pilot has to fly above those bombs while one person has to drop the bombs, that means the pilot has to say to the bomber "Drop them now" to indicate they're flying in a suitable location. With the mic, you can immediately inform people of what they have to do if you need to make a quick decision. The PS4 message interface isn't very friendly because you need to press a bunch of buttons to send a message, maybe the game should have had an in-game text chat option, but I think even Rockstar thinks people would use mics. There are more pros than cons to using a mic, I think it makes the game more enjoyable and you can make the grind more bearable, I mean you're going to spend 30+ hours playing with people on the game. 

I see you point, i'm just trying to say it isn't impossible without.

10 minutes ago, drthomys said:

Congrats to all of you. 

Is it correct that you can die as long as you dont hit R2 / quick replay and instead quit out and restart the mission entirely? Or will a death void the trophy no matter what?

We didn't fail it that much because of ultra paranoia. After doing the two player requirement, three and four players was a lot easier, but we did quit the whole heist and re-host during any failed attempts, we just didn't fail at any crucial point in the heist. I only read that quitting works if you all quit as soon as someone else dies, but we didn't die that much because we always scouted areas before running in, you can take your time at every objective because even when there are time constraints they are incredibly lenient. Enemies only seem to do a lot of damage if you are close to them, unless they're a juggernaut. Another thing is that Associates actually get health regen just by being near the CEO, so before moving on each person can stand near the CEO and get their health back. Body armour consumables are kind of useless, using snacks is incredibly useful for it though, it is recommended to always stock up on full snacks every time and you can get them from the reception desk in a facility for free. 

5 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

I see you point, i'm just trying to say it isn't impossible without.

It's not impossible, but having a mic really is helpful, otherwise you'd be taking a lot longer to do it. I'd say if you fail and someone is mad, it wouldn't be personal, so you'd just have to deal with it. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Sergen, you are one of the people this guy refers to, I have a friend that i'm not going to name drop on here but he needed help with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, he admits while you were great at the online portion of the game your attitude and behavior towards him his was horrible at best (bare in mind i'd heard of you before i saw you here) and that comment you make about peoples future prospects when you don't know that person, sums you up.

People for all different reasons, Examples: Don't like being shouted at and abused, talked down to by people they don't know, Maybe this person plays video games but suffers from stutters, social anxieties, many others reasons and maybe you directly wouldn't take the p*ss out of them, their are many that would.

I will agree that maybe there's more pro's than con's but i was playing with randoms and the one who was dropping the bombs was the only one talking with a mic and did it perfectly, you make it sound like non of this is possible without the mics. Most people I've spoken to so far said majority is cake, theirs only a few set up and the heist finale in act 3 tough. TOUGH not impossible.

• Like 1

Congrats on being the first achiever. A 20 hour play run was well worth it!!

6 minutes ago, drthomys said:

Congrats to all of you. 

We are up to the finale of act 1 and have died/failed twice. We all quit the game and it didn’t fail challenge. You could probably just quit instead of pressing restart but don’t wanna risk it ? 

im having a lot of fun with it so far... feeling like Marty McFly lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NinjaChibusa said:

Sergen, you are one of the people this guy refers to, I have a friend that i'm not going to name drop on here but he needed help with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, he admits while you were great at the online portion of the game your attitude and behavior towards him his was horrible at best (bare in mind i'd heard of you before i saw you here) and that comment you make about peoples future prospects when you don't know that person, sums you up.

People for all different reasons, Examples: Don't like being shouted at and abused, talked down to by people they don't know, Maybe this person plays video games but suffers from stutters, social anxieties, many others reasons and maybe you directly wouldn't take the p*ss out of them, their are many that would.

I will agree that maybe there's more pro's than con's but i was playing with randoms and the one who was dropping the bombs was the only one talking with a mic and did it perfectly, you make it sound like non of this is possible without the mics. Most people I've spoken to so far said majority is cake, theirs only a few set up and the heist finale in act 3 tough. TOUGH not impossible.

I think if someone looks for my help with a trophy but won't learn a simple move that I tell them to do before we play, they shouldn't expect me to be Mr. Nice Guy, it was time I was taking out of playing other games to help trophy hunters finish the game and I can already guess who it was that mentioned it because I confronted him verbally too. I played hundreds of hours on NGS2 to help trophy hunters get the trophy and I also stopped helping people half a year ago, a post like yours makes me glad I really stopped helping people with the game because if the only thing they can say is "You're horrible" after I spent a few hours helping them with a trophy, then it was a complete waste of time. 

If someone said they have a problem with using a mic because of a verbal impairment, I wouldn't make fun of them for it, I think it's fair to treat everyone equally and I think more people with a disability would rather be treated like anyone else rather than treated differently. I have a friend who knows a guy that has Cerebral Palsy, but that guy still uses his mic although he has a disability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

I think if someone looks for my help with a trophy but won't learn a simple move that I tell them to do before we play, they shouldn't expect me to be Mr. Nice Guy, it was time I was taking out of playing other games to help trophy hunters finish the game and I can already guess who it was that mentioned it because I confronted him verbally too. I played hundreds of hours on NGS2 to help trophy hunters get the trophy and I also stopped helping people half a year ago, a post like yours makes me glad I really stopped helping people with the game because if the only thing they can say is "You're horrible" after I spent a few hours helping them with a trophy, then it was a complete waste of time. 

If someone said they have a problem with using a mic because of a verbal impairment, I wouldn't make fun of them for it, I think it's fair to treat everyone equally and I think more people with a disability would rather be treated like anyone else rather than treated differently. I have a friend who knows a guy that has Cerebral Palsy, but that guy still uses his mic although he has a disability. 

Sorry but the key word is HELP, i'm pretty sure if i help anyone in life be it in a game or in the real world i'd HELP, not dictate and get all hairy because someone doesn't know a move or a particular thing. Maybe your definition of help is different to mine, In one sentence you say I take time out to help from other games, then in another Oh if this person isn't going to do something perfect, smack on then i'll lose my shit and throw my dummy out the pram. So am i suppose to see you in a good light or bad? I'm confused.

I said, maybe you wouldn't, but their are plenty of people out there that would. If someone with a disability comes across a dickhead one time, their confidence gets knocked and they don't wanna mic again. For instance, person with a stutter or stammer gets mocked, it doesn't matter what the next person tells him, he doesn't want to mic, period. Then what? he's no longer eligible for trophies because hes an outcast and cant shout out an enemy? It isn't always as black and white as you seem to put it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NinjaChibusa said:

Sorry but the key word is HELP, i'm pretty sure if i help anyone in life be it in a game or in the real world i'd HELP, not dictate and get all hairy because someone doesn't know a move or a particular thing. Maybe your definition of help is different to mine, In one sentence you say I take time out to help from other games, then in another Oh if this person isn't going to do something perfect, smack on then i'll lose my shit and throw my dummy out the pram. So am i suppose to see you in a good light or bad? I'm confused.

I said, maybe you wouldn't, but their are plenty of people out there that would. If someone with a disability comes across a dickhead one time, their confidence gets knocked and they don't wanna mic again. For instance, person with a stutter or stammer gets mocked, it doesn't matter what the next person tells him, he doesn't want to mic, period. Then what? he's no longer eligible for trophies because hes an outcast and cant shout out an enemy? It isn't always as black and white as you seem to put it.

It depends what kind of thing you are trying to do when you need a mic or not. At least when I was helping people with NGS2 most of it was done with the PSN text chat because it was simple to type what was needed because pressing the PS button brought up the chat immediately. I wouldn't exclude someone immediately just for not using a mic, I'd give them a chance first for something like GTA V. I did the original heists without a mic because I didn't have a good enough mic for PS3/PS4 but none of them had a Criminal Mastermind trophy requirement. One of the people I played with has been a good friend of mine for over 3 years and we've done many games together with mics, so it wasn't exactly talking to randoms on the mic when I did it. I'd say my attitude on the mic might be different to how I type my reactions, on the mic I'm quite calm, I wouldn't shout down the mic at anyone. The move people used on NGS2 is an invincibility exploit that allows them to keep spinning and I got all the kills, if we were half way through a mission and they failed the twirl then you should understand I wouldn't take it kindly after I'd already done most of the killing in the mission, I might have been annoyed but for the most part I didn't quit out on people. Sometimes I left people prematurely if they showed no signs of improvement and it was more towards the end when I was burnt out that I started removing people from my friends list before they were done with the trophy. At the end of the day, if they didn't like how I was behaving then they should have left and found someone else, they only talk shit after they're done because they were using me for the trophy. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It depends what it kind of thing you are trying to do when you need a mic or not. At least when I was helping people with NGS2 most of it was done with the PSN text chat because it was simple to type what was needed because pressing the PS button brought up the chat immediately. I wouldn't exclude someone immediately just for not using a mic, I'd give them a chance first for something like GTA V. I did the original heists without a mic because I didn't have a good enough mic for PS3/PS4 but none of them had a Criminal Mastermind trophy requirement. One of the people I played with has been a good friend of mine for over 3 years and we've done many games together with mics, so it wasn't exactly talking to randoms on the mic when I did it. I'd say my attitude on the mic might be different to how I type my reactions, on the mic I'm quite calm, I wouldn't shout down the mic at anyone. The move people used on NGS2 is an invincibility exploit that allows them to keep spinning and I got all the kills, if we were half way through a mission and they failed the twirl then you should understand I wouldn't take it kindly after I'd already done most of the killing in the mission, I might have been annoyed but for the most part I didn't quit out on people. Sometimes I left people prematurely if they showed no signs of improvement and it was more towards the end when I was burnt out that I started removing people from my friends list before they were done with the trophy. At the end of the day, if they didn't like how I was behaving then they should have left and found someone else, they only talk shit after they're done because they were using me for the trophy. 

This person wasn't talking shit, as you put it. I wanted to start up and go through all story trophies first get the practice and then i asked him for help when i was done, he said he got help from someone named sergen the boss but he wouldn't recommend him as he was really great at the game but his attitude was poor, which is what i pointed out in the first post. I didn't make you seem like an egomaniac i just said what i had been told.

I reason i got the impression that you'd outright dismiss people without a mic was your response about if someone can't chat on a mic god help the future prospects. This is why i pointed out that although there are many people using mics, its not suited for everyone. I for one would love these trophies and i wasn't pointing out you directly, i was talking in general. I asked someone the other day, can i join in on this heist boost, unfortunately without a mic no, is what i received.

I for one can chat the ear from a donkey publicly, but i hate... No i literally cannot stand mics. 

To answer your question from the previous post no, I don't have an issue with people who have mic's and want to use them neither do most other people... But people with a mic, with confidence to do this can't seem to understand why people wouldn't wanna use a mic. Thus people without a mic usually struggle to get these kinda trophies not because there difficult, but because their not given a chance.

Edited by NinjaChibusa
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NinjaChibusa said:

I asked someone the other day, can i join in on this heist boost, unfortunately without a mic no, is what i received.

That was me you asked. I think something like this needs a mic. Especially with the difficulty and timed missions, not to mention the stealth missions! Of course, that is just my opinion.

I would probably try and play with someone on discord where it is much easier to communicate but ps message app (for this game) is a no no for me, and that’s even for the 10% of time it actually works properly!

Because I use a mic I want to play with people who also use a mic. But if 4 people want to boost without a mic then that’s ok for them. I recently boosted UC2 and 3 where we didn’t use a mic because that is just tedious and boring boosting which doesn’t require one. So it also depends on the trophies you are boosting.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

That was me you asked. I think something like this needs a mic. Especially with the difficulty and timed missions, not to mention the stealth missions! Of course, that is just my opinion.

I would probably try and play with someone on discord where it is much easier to communicate but ps message app (for this game) is a no no for me, and that’s even for the 10% of time it actually works properly!

Because I use a mic I want to play with people who also use a mic. But if 4 people want to boost without a mic then that’s ok for them. I recently boosted UC2 and 3 where we didn’t use a mic because that is just tedious and boring boosting which doesn’t require one. So it also depends on the trophies you are boosting.

Yes it was you. Wasn't trying to publicly slander anyone, i was just stating that this is what people without a mic constantly contend with in gaming now a days.

I stand by my point whilst also agreeing with you and Sergen, yes it does depend on the type of game and trophies you are going for but in all honesty i can't see the drastic need for a mic in this instance. Yeah, good you got a mic and want to play with others with a mic, there are a ton of you that feel the same and i'm not saying that's wrong. I just want to know what happened to a level playing field where the community help's each other out regardless of their preferences?

I by no means want to argue with anyone, but i will stand up and call out bullshit when i see it, its not so much the people with the mics as Rockstars shitty trophy timing and placement. No end of people will lose their 100% statue's and those that get the trophies done will probably be to selfish to come back and help others, this is the way shit always works out now. I was boosting Black flag the other week and because i couldn't fit all people in i did 3 separate boosts for people and i'll do more depending on if people need/want trophies for it. I know i'll alienate a lot of people by saying that but for the most part it's true.

In today's gaming society you hear 2 things commonly unless you fall on some helpful people

1. No mic fuck off

2. I got those trophies fuck off

Again, so we're clear i'm not saying you are personally like that but as a trophy hunter its very rare i hear, Ah welcome lets boost.

Edited by NinjaChibusa

Yes I can totally understand that. I also understand when people have gotten their trophies they leave but this has honestly only happened 10% of the time. Most of the people I have boosted with will stay and help until everybody has got it.

It has been widely discussed about being much of a necessasity to have a mic for this. So if I can choose between someone who uses one and someone who doesn’t - well I’m not stupid, I’m gonna choose the one who does. One guy with me seems quiet and shy and doesn’t say much but as long as he can listen then that’s fine.

With 4 of us doing a timed mission where each person has to do a specific task it is a nightmare to try and decide who goes to A and who goes to B etc. without a mic. Then you might have someone who thinks they would be better at this and want to do B instead of A... by the time you sort that out typing messages you have failed.

if I can help someone I most definitely will but if it’s a toss between the long road and the short road well...

31 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Yes I can totally understand that. I also understand when people have gotten their trophies they leave but this has honestly only happened 10% of the time. Most of the people I have boosted with will stay and help until everybody has got it.

It has been widely discussed about being much of a necessasity to have a mic for this. So if I can choose between someone who uses one and someone who doesn’t - well I’m not stupid, I’m gonna choose the one who does. One guy with me seems quiet and shy and doesn’t say much but as long as he can listen then that’s fine.

With 4 of us doing a timed mission where each person has to do a specific task it is a nightmare to try and decide who goes to A and who goes to B etc. without a mic. Then you might have someone who thinks they would be better at this and want to do B instead of A... by the time you sort that out typing messages you have failed.

if I can help someone I most definitely will but if it’s a toss between the long road and the short road well...

I've played the heist. If the set up is the one i think you're referring to where you have to take out A B C D then go to the water to do the same A B C D then the plane at LSIA? .

Being the most logical option as I've had practice, would be to open up discord or PSapp which ever the users are more comfortable with and say "Ok, right I'm going for B, Your at C, Sergen your at D, and who ever left is at A." Now assuming that someone hasn't completed the heists i'd then go on to explain "Ok, ride along side the vans until the hack is complete, to hack press right on the D-pad" once the hack is complete drop back and use your missiles to blow up that van. Job done. Next Water, same idea but done ride the waves to close try to zig zag in behind the boats to take less fire".  Once thats done we'll all meet up at the LSIA, Me, Sergen and you will take out the attacking helis, the other guy can hack. Ok eveyone know what they have to do? Great lets go.

There just isn't a problem within this instance where you cannot communicate without having a mic. The only hard part about this would be the typing. Is that what people are saying? I'm confused as to what the big deal breaker here is with a mic. Especially if everyone has had practice before hand. 

One guy with me seems quiet and shy and doesn’t say much but as long as he can listen then that’s fine. - So what is the difference between this guy and someone without a mic? You tell him go to A or stay back, go, shoot. What ever you say all he can say is yes, ok. True? And you didn't ask me if i could listen you dismissed me because of no mic. 

Then you might have someone who thinks they would be better at this and want to do B instead of A... - Isn't this the time people can hype in and say ok i think i'd be better hacking and someone else blow the planes at the end because i don't feel confident enough?

if I can help someone I most definitely will but if it’s a toss between the long road and the short road well... - Yeah i see your point but doesn't this just play into what i was saying to Sergen about actually helping? Be it long or short, help is help and whether your the best gamer or not, everyone needs help at some point.

Like i said not arguing but i'm as confused as the next as to why people just blatantly dismiss people without a mic, without chance. Back to my original post I see some people on Destiny on Xbox who i'd asked for help that never got the Flawless Raider because they gave up and never went back to the game when it was easier to obtain but i managed to get it with no mic right from the beginning.

Edited by NinjaChibusa

hold on guys...could you maybe start a mic alienation thread?...or boosting partner shame thread?...discuss in PM's perjaps?...and I mean it with the best of intentions...some people like using mics...some don't...next up, trophy thoughts...i'm loving this update and think the mastermind and elite challenge addition as goals to strive for is a brilliant bonus...i.e. become a gta v bada$$...there are so many ways to go about earning them and we are all free to choose, like, and dislike certain methods of earning them or not earning them...it's all a matter of choice of whether it's worth it or not, appealing, frustrating, fits into our lifestyles, etc...but remember, they're just trophies and just video games...these trophies are perfect in my opinion...couldn't have asked for a better, free update...i'm just about to start on 2-player mastermind...looking forward to the next few weeks of gaming as I only get a couple of hours of gaming/day and am gonna take that opportunity to jump on this epic dlc...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NinjaChibusa said:

I've played the heist. If the set up is the one i think you're referring to where you have to take out A B C D then go to the water to do the same A B C D then the plane at LSIA? .

Being the most logical option as I've had practice, would be to open up discord or PSapp which ever the users are more comfortable with and say "Ok, right I'm going for B, Your at C, Sergen your at D, and who ever left is at A." Now assuming that someone hasn't completed the heists i'd then go on to explain "Ok, ride along side the vans until the hack is complete, to hack press right on the D-pad" once the hack is complete drop back and use your missiles to blow up that van. Job done. Next Water, same idea but done ride the waves to close try to zig zag in behind the boats to take less fire".  Once thats done we'll all meet up at the LSIA, Me, Sergen and you will take out the attacking helis, the other guy can hack. Ok eveyone know what they have to do? Great lets go.

There just isn't a problem within this instance where you cannot communicate without having a mic. The only hard part about this would be the typing. Is that what people are saying? I'm confused as to what the big deal breaker here is with a mic. Especially if everyone has had practice before hand. 

One guy with me seems quiet and shy and doesn’t say much but as long as he can listen then that’s fine. - So what is the difference between this guy and someone without a mic? You tell him go to A or stay back, go, shoot. What ever you say all he can say is yes, ok. True? And you didn't ask me if i could listen you dismissed me because of no mic. 

Then you might have someone who thinks they would be better at this and want to do B instead of A... - Isn't this the time people can hype in and say ok i think i'd be better hacking and someone else blow the planes at the end because i don't feel confident enough?

if I can help someone I most definitely will but if it’s a toss between the long road and the short road well... - Yeah i see your point but doesn't this just play into what i was saying to Sergen about actually helping? Be it long or short, help is help and whether your the best gamer or not, everyone needs help at some point.

Like i said not arguing but i'm as confused as the next as to why people just blatantly dismiss people without a mic, without chance. Back to my original post I see some people on Destiny on Xbox who i'd asked for help that never got the Flawless Raider because they gave up and never went back to the game when it was easier to obtain but i managed to get it with no mic right from the beginning.

My whole point is having to keep typing everything and it takes so much time - I thought that was clear. You look at the first paragraph you wrote and consider how long it took you to say all that... in your message you asked ‘do I think you would need a mic to play this and I replied yes I think you would. That is my opinion and I’m going to choose to play with someone who has a mic over someone who doesn’t. That is my choice, just like it is your choice not to use a mic.

35 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

My whole point is having to keep typing everything and it takes so much time - I thought that was clear. You look at the first paragraph you wrote and consider how long it took you to say all that... in your message you asked ‘do I think you would need a mic to play this and I replied yes I think you would. That is my opinion and I’m going to choose to play with someone who has a mic over someone who doesn’t. That is my choice, just like it is your choice not to use a mic.

I said "Would i need a mic"  then further on in the same message i said "I don't have a mic" in reference to this whole conversation, i like to be clear and up front that i don't use mics nor intend to.

Your reply was "You could get a cheap set of headphones i'm sure". Which implies "No mic, fuck off" so my statement stands true, people without the use of headsets, mics or what not are indeed less likely to succeed in trophy hunting based on preference.

My point isn't directed at anyone in particular, it's just a well known fact that people who say they help or would help if people needed are not actually helping for a good majority of the time, they are simply doing it on the basis that suits them most, which isn't really help now is it?

Again, Fair enough you didn't offer help, you offered a place to boost so non of this is intended directly at you, the same goes for Sergen.

The reason this escalated the way it did was because it was stated that if people can't chat on a mic with people online then there future prospects are nullified.  Which i cannot sit here reading without replying, There's tons of reasons people don't like using mic. I'll be honest i used mic every day when it was the "In thing to do" but i'm female and half Russian (I speak English with a Russian accent) and i had guy's saying Russian sl*g, whore, get this b*tch outta here, let's suck on your t*ts, and a lot more. This scarred me in a way that i will no longer mic with anyone, unless i personally know them, so no this wasn't by "choice" it was forced upon me by male "gamers" who think its funny to treat women this way. Also, as quoted above, there are legitimate ill people in this world that just want to game for fun, they go on mic and get rinsed out by some dick heads. Later never wanting to return to that.

So yes you might be a nice guy and not say this kind of stuff, i'm not saying you, sergen or anyone else here would, but it happens and this is why sometimes people decide not to communicate via voice anymore. But yes i agree, Your choices are your own just like everyone else's, the point was never to get this deep into it, it was just something me and a lot of other gamers get affected by and lose our 100% when (Yes just my opinion) i thought this site was a community that help, regardless of preferences, equipment or having a trophy already.

Edited by NinjaChibusa

I don’t want to keep going around this merry-go-round. I do understand your reasons for not wanting to use a mic and I would choose the same in your position. I’m sure there are many people who don’t want to use a mic, did you ever think of creating a boosting session and stating you don’t have a mic. I’m sure you would get 3 likeminded people to boost with in no time.

31 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

I don’t want to keep going around this merry-go-round. I do understand your reasons for not wanting to use a mic and I would choose the same in your position. I’m sure there are many people who don’t want to use a mic, did you ever think of creating a boosting session and stating you don’t have a mic. I’m sure you would get 3 likeminded people to boost with in no time.

There's no merry-go-round believe me, As said above my issue was with a comment Sergen (The way i took it was --) that if you can't chat on mic then your doomed for real life society which i wasn't happy with so i replied. Yes i mentioned our conversation briefly was all and yes both you and Sergen are entitled to play with mic's if that what you wish, i was merely pointing out the difficulties of people with no mic's, go back in the thread there are also people p*ssed because of this. people p*ssed because the games like 4 years old and still receiving trophy DLC. I've pointed out numerous times i'm not looking for an argument either.

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

hold on guys...could you maybe start a mic alienation thread?...or boosting partner shame thread?...discuss in PM's perjaps?...and I mean it with the best of intentions...some people like using mics...some don't...next up, trophy thoughts...i'm loving this update and think the mastermind and elite challenge addition as goals to strive for is a brilliant bonus...i.e. become a gta v bada$$...there are so many ways to go about earning them and we are all free to choose, like, and dislike certain methods of earning them or not earning them...it's all a matter of choice of whether it's worth it or not, appealing, frustrating, fits into our lifestyles, etc...but remember, they're just trophies and just video games...these trophies are perfect in my opinion...couldn't have asked for a better, free update...i'm just about to start on 2-player mastermind...looking forward to the next few weeks of gaming as I only get a couple of hours of gaming/day and am gonna take that opportunity to jump on this epic dlc...

Aren't these threads titled "Trophy thoughts?" and seeing as though people mention mic's, mic's and more mic's when asking for a boost i'm pretty sure that also falls under "Trophy Thoughts"but yeah i i agree, i see your point the conversation has dragged.

Edited by NinjaChibusa

Now I've also seen what all the Elite Challenge requirements are and I should be starting them as soon as my team is back online. I can safely say anyone without a mic for these is going to struggle a lot. Elite Challenges are only specific to the finale of the heist. 

These are the requirements for Elite Challenges

Act 1: Complete within 5:30, Nobody dies, 78 kills

Act 2: Complete within 15 minutes, Nobody dies, Less than 5% damage to the Avenger

Act 3: Complete within 30 minutes, Nobody dies, No failed hacks (Finale Mini-Game), 150 Headshots

I'd say because of time-constraints, at least one person needs to direct people with a mic, unless every person you're playing with has memorised every part of the finale. One of the things we had to all decide on at short notice during Act 3 during the Criminal Mastermind run was which target each of us would shoot with the Orbital Strike at the end. A lot of it will also require splitting up, especially Act 3 when people need to destroy those supply crates. The trophy definitely isn't as big of a threat as Criminal Mastermind because you can pay your way into the finale straight off the bat and you can keep retrying it by choosing the "Continue" option. All the kill requirements also seem like they are based on the entire crew's performance and not individual, of course with 4 people in the lobby it would make it a lot easier to rack up a lot of kills quickly. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Now I've also seen what all the Elite Challenge requirements are and I should be starting them as soon as my team is back online. I can safely say anyone without a mic for these is going to struggle a lot. Elite Challenges are only specific to the finale of the heist. 

These are the requirements for Elite Challenges

Act 1: Complete within 5:30, Nobody dies, 78 kills

Act 2: Complete within 15 minutes, Nobody dies, Less than 5% damage to the Avenger

Act 3: Complete within 30 minutes, Nobody dies, No failed hacks (Finale Mini-Game), 150 Headshots

I'd say because of time-constraints, at least one person needs to direct people with a mic, unless every person you're playing with has memorised every part of the finale. One of the things we had to all decide on at short notice during Act 3 during the Criminal Mastermind run was which target each of us would shoot with the Orbital Strike at the end. A lot of it will also require splitting up, especially Act 3 when people need to destroy those supply crates. The trophy definitely isn't as big of a threat as Criminal Mastermind because you can pay your into the finale straight off the bat and you can keep retrying it by choosing the "Continue" option. All the kill requirements also seem like they are based on the entire crew's performance and not individual, of course with 4 people in the lobby it would make it a lot easier to rack up a lot of kills quickly. 

Thanks for the info. Does it work in hard mode only or also normal/easy?

On 16/12/2017 at 2:53 PM, Migaellou said:

Thanks for the info. Does it work in hard mode only or also normal/easy?

The game doesn't specify that you need to do Elite Challenges on any difficulty, so I assume they can be done on Normal. 

Edited by Sergen