The Doomsday Heist DLC trophy thoughts

XmodE_7

17 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I've now got 100% for the game again and I assume I'm first in the world to retain 100% for this particular DLC

Congratulations on the trophy Sergen. WELL DONE! And thanks for the tips. I've been calling Lester to clear wanted level so I'll stop doing that now to be safe. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Question: How much money do you need in-game to get 100% as a host?

Answer: $2,250,000 ($1,000,000 to be a CEO and $1,250,000 for the Paleto Bay Facility) to do Criminal Mastermind, if you buy the cheapest facility, but it will require a lot of extra time to travel. For Elite Challenges, there is also a time requirement for each finale and for Act 1 the host will most certainly need to have the Grand Senora Desert Facility which costs $2,525,000 to cut down travel time, because you need to get a time below 5:30 and you need to get 78 kills.

To start the heists you can either be a CEO, a VIP or an MC Leader. If you go with either of the last two, you can save upwards of $800k.

2 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

To start the heists you can either be a CEO, a VIP or an MC Leader. If you go with either of the last two, you can save upwards of $800k.

I changed it to reflect what I did then, do you also get the health regen bonuses by being near a VIP or MC Leader? Maybe that would be better overall as well. 

7 hours ago, Sergen said:

I've now got 100% for the game again and I assume I'm first in the world to retain 100% for this particular DLC: https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/3147-grand-theft-auto-v this post will act as an FAQ to people who have any questions about the trophies in this DLC. I'm only answering questions in regards to trophies, but not about money you get paid and so on. I also won't be making a trophy guide for this game, because any method you could employ today might also be patched later by Rockstar. 

Question: How much money did you use to host heists?

Answer: $2,250,000 ($1,000,000 to be a CEO and $1,250,000 for the Paleto Bay Facility) to do Criminal Mastermind, if you buy the cheapest facility, but it will require a lot of extra time to travel. For Elite Challenges, there is also a time requirement for each finale and for Act 1 the host will most certainly need to have the Grand Senora Desert Facility which costs $2,525,000 to cut down travel time, because you need to get a time below 5:30 and you need to get 78 kills. 

Question: Can you only do Criminal Mastermind once, or do you need to do it 3 times (2 players, 3 players, 4 players)?

Answer: You need to do it 3 times, if you pause the game and go to Stats, then go to Awards then choose The Doomsday Heist the three challenges pertaining to "Masterminds" are Criminal Mastermind II, III & IV, the game's description will indicate exactly what you have to do. 

Question: Can you do these trophies with me? 

Answer: No, I'm not offering my help by physically contributing to anyone's lobby for these trophies, I do not trust random people to survive the amount of time you need for each Criminal Mastermind. 

Question: Does the game balance difficulty based on the amount of people you are attempting a run with?

Answer: No, playing with 2 people has the same amount of enemies and objectives as if you were playing with 4 people. 

Question: If you die, can you quit immediately for Criminal Mastermind?

Answer: This is something I'm not entirely sure about right now, Rockstar might have done something to fuck with it, I've had friends who told me they had their progress reset even when they quit immediately, the only safe way to really do it is to actually never die or fail the heists, but of course that means you need to endure 10-12 hours of heists without a single death in three different runs. 

Question: Can you trip skip during Criminal Mastermind?

Answer: No, it voids the challenge. 

Question: Can you trip skip during a finale for an Elite Challenge?

Answer: No, the time requirement will be void by doing that. 

Question: Can you skip preps in an Elite Challenge run?

Answer: Yes, but you need to pay a lot of money sometimes to purchase everything in the prep, it's a big time saver though. 

Question: Do deaths in preps cause you to fail Criminal Mastermind?

Answer: No, dying in preps is still allowed. 

Question: Do I need to do all preps with the same people too?

Answer: Yes, you need to make your entire heist crew into associates and do the preps with them in the same lobby as you. 

Question: Do Elite Challenges need to be done in the same run or can they be done separately?

Answer: You need to do all the Elite Challenges in the same run, here are the requirements: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/55617-the-doomsday-heist-dlc-trophy-thoughts/?page=4#comment-1466776

Question: Can Elite Challenges be done on Normal?

Answer: Yes, but each of them has a "Nobody gets wasted" requirement. You can press X to return to freeroam if you fail the heist, this will allow you to retry the finale after Lester sends you a text message or after you return to your facility. 

Question: How many people do I need for Elite Challenges?

Answer: 4 players is recommended for all of them because there's a time requirement and Act 1 and 3 have a set number of kills required, which would be much quicker to rack up with 4 people killing enemies. But if you can't find a 4th player, 3 players will likely suffice, but you all need to know what you're doing for that. 

Question: Which vehicle should my team use in the Act 3 finale?

Answer: The Khanjali for Criminal Mastermind or the Barrage for the Elite Challenge. 

Question: How long did it take you to finish the DLC?

Answer: Around 50-60 hours, 35-40 hours for Masterminds and 15-20 hours for Elitist

People also frequently ask me for tips regarding Criminal Mastermind, so I'll list some here: 

• Get snacks and get body armour before going into a setup, you can get snacks for free in your facility at the reception desk and you can get body armour from Ammunation. 
  • Buy an Armoured Kuruma and travel to each setup location with it, if there is an outdoor gunfight then you can kill enemies from within the Kuruma without taking damage. 
  • Stay near your CEO if you have low health, the CEO proximity bonus also gives you health regen over time. 
  • During gun fights, keep your snack menu open by holding the Touchpad button and going to Inventory then selecting "Snacks", the best snacks to use when you are taking a lot of damage are the EgoChaser snacks. To move around while the snack menu is open, you need to keep doing forward jumps. 
  • Use a Combat MG as your primary weapon and aim for headshots, enemies will die in half a second like this. 
  • Use an RPG against enemy cars or against Juggernauts, but don't use the RPG indoors otherwise you might accidentally blow yourself up. 
  • In the Act 3 Finale, don't blow up one of the supply crates if one of your teammates is stood near it, it will kill your teammate. 
  • Remember to remove your landing gear with L3 if you are flying a plane, jetpack or the Avenger. 
  • Land the Avenger by pressing L3 when you are close to landing, otherwise it won't land properly and will glitch your game out. 
  • With any four part objective e.g. using the Deluxos to hack vans and boats, assign each letter on the map to a person in your lobby, each person could simultaneously do all the hacks if they all go to one location each for things like that. But if you play with two people, it's recommended to go to them together to provide each other with support when enemies try to shoot the hacker.  
  • Always use "Player Owned" as an outfit choice if it's available. 
  • Get the Heist: Heavy Combat Outfit and Bulletproof Helmet from various clothes stores. 
  • Never jump off a high ledge, always choose the stairs to get down. 
  • Don't worry too much about Elite Challenges during a Criminal Mastermind run, it's not worth farming Headshots in Act 3 if you're also in a Criminal Mastermind run. 
  • Never buyout a prep, you need to actually complete them. 
  • To get around during preps, you can either get a helicopter and call Pegasus to make it spawn or call Merryweather and get a "Helicopter pickup" to your location. 
  • Don't phone Lester to remove the cops in a prep if the objective is "Lose the Cops".

Now, the controversial thing with this game, I would say you are going to help yourself out significantly by using a microphone to coordinate with people who play this game with you. There are plenty of instances where the game has enemies that sneak up on you and they are far behind in the mini-map, so it takes a lot of map rotating to see the red dot, having a mic would allow for someone to warn other players of the enemy heading toward them if they're in a position to do that. Having a mic also means you can decide on the spot what everyone will do without having to completely memorise everything. You will also be quickly be informed that you're going the wrong way and so on with the mic compared to in text. I tend not to associate myself with toxic people and if someone added you with the intention of getting the trophy and they talk on their mic, it's likely they wouldn't want to do anything to make you leave. 

The people I played with were: Potent_Delusions, Nuttro93, Smithy_Reborn_86 and Tello_beast_1 and they all helped out significantly and I couldn't have really chosen better people to go for the trophies with.

Why do you need to do all elite challenges in one run?

Also, in the deluxos setup you can simply drive infront of the target vehicle to hack it and avoid being damaged

Just now, inarbai said:

Why do you need to do all elite challenges in one run?

Also, in the deluxos setup you can simply drive infront of the target vehicle to hack it and avoid being damaged

The game gives you an Elite Challenge bonus at the end of a finale and you only get that if you complete all of them in one run. I can confirm it has to be in one run because we did the requirements in backwards order and did Act 1 last and we already had everything else done in Act 1 except the time requirement but had to do everything in one run to get the trophy. I'll add the thing about the deluxos, I kind of forgot about it, there are a lot of things people can add about setups and shit that make them easier, but after I add that other people can give their own input. 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

The game gives you an Elite Challenge bonus at the end of a finale and you only get that if you complete all of them in one run. I can confirm it has to be in one run because we did the requirements in backwards order and did Act 1 last and we already had everything else done in Act 1 except the time requirement but had to do everything in one run to get the trophy. I'll add the thing about the deluxos, I kind of forgot about it, there are a lot of things people can add about setups and shit that make them easier, but after I add that other people can give their own input. 

Are mk2 weapons better to use?How significantly?

Just now, inarbai said:

Are mk2 weapons better to use?How significantly?

My most used weapon was the Combat MG, but for for part where you shoot the Cargobob out of the air, you can use the explosive sniper that the setup gives you. I wasn't too aware of every possible weapon mod on the game, but the Combat MG with an Extended Clip really gets you through everything on foot easily. 

25 minutes ago, Sergen said:

My most used weapon was the Combat MG, but for for part where you shoot the Cargobob out of the air, you can use the explosive sniper that the setup gives you. I wasn't too aware of every possible weapon mod on the game, but the Combat MG with an Extended Clip really gets you through everything on foot easily. 

Why would you ever use barrage? We tried it, but they kill you instantly when you are using turrets plus the juggernauts are waiting for you?Any tips how to beat the hacking stage during the finale without dying?

8 hours ago, Sergen said:

Get the Heist: Heavy Combat Outfit and Bulletproof Helmet from various clothes stores.

So if I set outfits to Owned Outfits while I'm wearing the Heavy Combat Vest + Bulletproof Helmet will I take only half the damage? I'm asking because I tried using it on day one but it seemed to make no difference.

17 minutes ago, inarbai said:

Why would you ever use barrage? We tried it, but they kill you instantly when you are using turrets plus the juggernauts are waiting for you?Any tips how to beat the hacking stage during the finale without dying?

The objective in that heist is to destroy the helicopter there and I think it also has a "Deliver the Barrage" requirement. If you're talking about the Elite Challenge for Act 3, the barrage is much faster than the Khanjali to make it to the objective in time and aside from that, you should also park your Barrage before you reach the juggernauts otherwise they'll blow it up. For the hacking part, the best way to survive is to stay in cover near the hacker and constantly check your mini-map, the first part in my opinion is harder than the second part in the Act 3 finale. I always emphasise that you need to keep your snack menu up while fighting and that will be your saving grace throughout the heist. It's also good if the hacker is your crew's CEO, because they won't take damage while hacking but they also give you health regen while you're stood near them. 

7 minutes ago, LiquidOcelot87 said:

So if I set outfits to Owned Outfits while I'm wearing the Heavy Combat Vest + Bulletproof Helmet will I take only half the damage? I'm asking because I tried using it on day one but it seemed to make no difference.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but it's worth trying. In the previous heists the outfits do work, maybe Rockstar forgot to add them to the Doomsday heist but I still went with them in every possible setup/finale I could. 

Edited by Sergen

24 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The objective in that heist is to destroy the helicopter there and I think it also has a "Deliver the Barrage" requirement. If you're talking about the Elite Challenge for Act 3, the barrage is much faster than the Khanjali to make it to the objective in time and aside from that, you should also park your Barrage before you reach the juggernauts otherwise they'll blow it up. For the hacking part, the best way to survive is to stay in cover near the hacker and constantly check your mini-map, the first part in my opinion is harder than the second part in the Act 3 finale. I always emphasise that you need to keep your snack menu up while fighting and that will be your saving grace throughout the heist. It's also good if the hacker is your crew's CEO, because they won't take damage while hacking but they also give you health regen while you're stood near them. 

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but it's worth trying. In the previous heists the outfits do work, maybe Rockstar forgot to add them to the Doomsday heist but I still went with them in every possible setup/finale I could. 

Edited by inarbai
Why not?

On 12/14/2017 at 11:56 PM, Rattamauled said:

The problem I have is I know I have enough money to set it up (got around 2.2m) but literally no-one on my friends list plays this game & I don't want to fund the heist publicly for randoms to screw it up.

Given the difficulty of Masterminds & Elitist (it's telling when after 3 days even the games best players haven't earned it yet as it's still at 0%) I don't even know if I have the motivation to get the 6 trophies I can earn.

This damn game has more than likely ruined the 100% completion for a huge number of trophy hunters myself included. I know it will sound sad to many but it's seriously made me reconsider buying any future Rockstar games (I was so looking forward to RDR2 as the first is arguably the best game I played on my Xbox 360) so I don't get burned again. I'm a completionist & having my overall 100% taken away from me has left a rather bitter feeling behind.

Right there with ya, mate. But remember it's just been released. I did the original Criminal Mastermind earlier this year and it wasn't nearly as hard as you might think. Albeit we had a really good player who carried the brunt of the load, but you'd be surprised how effective proper planning and preparation actually is. I've already seen videos on youtube of guys doing the elite challenges fairly easily and by a pretty big margin, like 20 - 30%. Yeah the idea of killing like 200 odd guys in the final heist without anyone dying is pretty daunting, but if you play smart and cautious I'm sure it's more than manageable. Bearing in mind trophies are tied to it, before long there'll surely be a trophy hunter group dedicated to getting it done.

Edited by screenwriter91

I agree with that part, where Sergen doesn't completed legit. Wouldn't be the first time though, all those bragging gets really annoying, but that isn't anything new here on PSNP, just saying. Doesn't mean It is a bad thing to exploit some glitches, everyone does it, even If it is for a small trophy.

Even if it is patched ( which I hope It isn't ), It should be still possible, but I don't want to waste more then necessary time for a 4 year old game. :/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

@Sergen why is it you prefer the snacks menu over the super heavy armor menu to restore health? 

I agree with the snack option, but its just my personnel opinion of course. But i primarily use snacks (EgoChasers mainly) because i find that even using Heavy armor it seems to deplete quicker than your actual health, EgoChasers restore a vast majority of your health quicker too. Plus all snacks should be free from your personal assistant inside your facility so remember after every set up, prep or finale go grab those snacks :)

9 minutes ago, NinjaChibusa said:

I agree with the snack option, but its just my personnel opinion of course. But i primarily use snacks (EgoChasers mainly) because i find that even using Heavy armor it seems to deplete quicker than your actual health, EgoChasers restore a vast majority of your health quicker too. Plus all snacks should be free from your personal assistant inside your facility so remember after every set up, prep or finale go grab those snacks :)

thanks for the info.  i didn't realize the armor depleted quicker than health.  i reckon our crew will start using the free snacks from our facility when we get cracking at this.  we used to use armor just because we had that in case our health went very uickly, as it sometimes does when you can't use heist armor outfits.

1 minute ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

thanks for the info.  i didn't realize the armor depleted quicker than health.  i reckon our crew will start using the free snacks from our facility when we get cracking at this.  we used to use armor just because we had that in case our health went very uickly, as it sometimes does when you can't use heist armor outfits.

It does seem like it, yesterday for instance i got shot once and had like a smidgen of armor left but then went to take on 4 shots without armor and was still in the green health wise. I always stock up on both armor and snacks, but usually depend on those EgoChasers if i'm getting shot down quickly.

6 minutes ago, NinjaChibusa said:

It does seem like it, yesterday for instance i got shot once and had like a smidgen of armor left but then went to take on 4 shots without armor and was still in the green health wise. I always stock up on both armor and snacks, but usually depend on those EgoChasers if i'm getting shot down quickly.

good information to know, thanks again.  definitely will be relaying this to the guys.

17 hours ago, Sergen said:

Question: How much money did you use to host heists?

Hey, first of all, thank you for all that information. One question: Do you think the elite challenge will be possible with the facility at Ron's Wind Farm? I bought that one and already started upgrading it - without thinking about the elite challenge.

17 hours ago, bioxz said:

Hey, first of all, thank you for all that information. One question: Do you think the elite challenge will be possible with the facility at Ron's Wind Farm? I bought that one and already started upgrading it - without thinking about the elite challenge.

Honestly, I'm not too sure about it. You can part exchange facilities if you need to pay for a more expensive one, but you could try to do it with that facility initially and if it doesn't work then you can buy the Grand Senora Desert facility. 

Edited by Stevieboy
off topic discussion