Monster Hunter World - Second Beta

Stardroid

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/12/15/monster-hunter-world-beta-returns-december-22-without-playstation-plus-requirement.aspx

"Following the successful Monster Hunter World beta earlier this month, Capcom is bringing the beta back for another go-round, this time without a PlayStation Plus subscription acting as a gatekeeper.

The new beta runs from December 22 through December 26. The previous beta required PlayStation Plus to access the game at all, single player or multiplayer, but the upcoming one lets players without a subscription access the single player missions. Multiplayer, like all PlayStation 4 games, still requires PS+.

If you downloaded the original beta, you don't even need to download a new client, as the old one works. The content is identical from last weekend, so don't expect new monsters to hunt or new missions. 

The beta is once again exclusive to PlayStation 4, despite there being Xbox One and PC versions announced for the game. Both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 editions of the game launch on January 26, while the PC version has an indefinite date sometime in 2018."

Personally, I wasn't impressed by the early beta at all. I thought the combat was pretty bad for a combat focussed game. Hopefully some small tweaks can be found in the second beta.

• Like 1

Played the Beta, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Played MH3U on Handheld. Really all it needs to improve on is to allow for custom  button layouts and also allow for inviting friends. Typing in a long, cap sensitive code was kind of tedious.  

5 hours ago, Starlove- said:

Personally, I wasn't impressed by the early beta at all. I thought the combat was pretty bad for a combat focussed game. Hopefully some small tweaks can be found in the second beta.

Monster Hunters combat has essentially remained unchanged for some time with new additions here, and there of course. Don't get your hopes up. Combat wise, I think we've seen the finished product. The only thing I can see them doing is MAYBE buff the Greatsword. It seems it's damage doesn't hold up to the other weapons. Most of the weapons have more DPS. I felt the GS just didn't cut it (pun intended). Monster Hunter isn't for everyone. I recommend trying some of the ranged weaponry if you don't like the melee weapons.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2017 at 2:42 PM, gameman999 said:

Played the Beta, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Played MH3U on Handheld. Really all it needs to improve on is to allow for custom  button layouts and also allow for inviting friends. Typing in a long, cap sensitive code was kind of tedious.  

Agreed - One bit of good news is that the invite code system is not going to be part of the final release, it'll be much easier to play together later.

On 12/16/2017 at 9:07 AM, Starlove- said:

It's a bit of an acquired taste for sure. I think if you go in expecting the pace of a game like say, Horizon or a twitchier kind of combat, you might not enjoy these games as much. Monster Hunter looks like it should be super quick and reactive, but in reality it's a slower game that requires planning and method.

It's possible to put hundreds and hundreds of hours into a full MH game, so if you still want to like it and you have the time to do so - I recommend putting 10 - 20 hours in to get used to the combat style and the overall flow of the game.

I hated my first MH game back in the day and ended up picking it up and putting it down a few times, then something clicked I guess and it's still now one of my favourite gaming franchises of all time.

Really hope you end up enjoying it :)

• Like 1

Finally got lucky enough to find Pukei-Pukei, couldn’t find him after hours of trying in the first beta. With that off my bucket list i’ve now killed every single monster that can spawn in the beta. You’ll have to take this poor quality picture i took with my phone though, i keep forgetting that share button is a thing lol.

image.jpg

Now all that’s left to do is for me to decide on a weapon to use in the final game. Feeling lance right now but i’m very indecisive.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Oh god no. I think I got to around 100 or 200 in MH4U and that took a while lol. 

I can see them getting pretty sadistic with the Trophy list. Lost Planet 2's is pretty sadistic...You gotta get number 1 on the online leader boards. It's a 0.13% platinum. It's my dream platinum. I got my 4 friends to get a copy of Lost Planet so we may have a chance. A very slim chance....

8 hours ago, gameman999 said:

I can see them getting pretty sadistic with the Trophy list. Lost Planet 2's is pretty sadistic...You gotta get number 1 on the online leader boards. It's a 0.13% platinum. It's my dream platinum. I got my 4 friends to get a copy of Lost Planet so we may have a chance. A very slim chance....

IIRC the Platinum is unattainable because of hackers.