When I press jump... I expect the guy to jump!

Dreakon139

So I just spent the last 2 hours playing various levels and ace-ing none of them. And I'm pretty ticked off about it. There's no less satisfying of a feeling then playing a game for any extended amount of time and accomplishing absolutely nothing.

So anyways, any advice you can give a guy desperately trying to ace all the levels and failing miserably?

If you haven''t already, just finish playing through the campaign first without worrying too much about acing the levels. If you have done that, continue practicing the controls by playing some of the top rated community levels. If you still haven't got the hang of the movement by then, either put the game down for a while or just completely give up.

Its definitely just one of those things you need to get used to. Once you are comfortable with the movements, you'll find acing the levels pretty easy.

If you haven''t already, just finish playing through the campaign first without worrying too much about acing the levels. If you have done that, continue practicing the controls by playing some of the top rated community levels. If you still haven't got the hang of the movement by then, either put the game down for a while or just completely give up.

Its definitely just one of those things you need to get used to. Once you are comfortable with the movements, you'll find acing the levels pretty easy.

The physics in this game can be frustrating. If you don't land solid, both feet on a surface... it completely throws you off if you need to make any quick movements following it. Makes it tough for those levels with moving platforms and plenty of ways to die lol.

I've platinum'd LittleBigPlanet 2 on a different account, but this feels a bit tougher personally. Maybe I'm just having a rough gaming night.

I can agree with the first part, complete the Story and leave the acing for afterward, but the other two pieces of advise are kinda terrible. If you're going to practice the controls, why not be productive and actually play the levels you're trying to ace? Also, telling someone to give up isn't exactly encouraging either.

My best advice is to stick to a level until you ace it. Quitting to try a different level can ruin the flow and momentum that you've had in one level. Another nifty trick is, if you're about to die by falling, so long as you haven't made contact with the lethal material/object yet, you can turn off the controller, wait for your Sackboy to disappear, and then turn it back on. When you do, your Sackboy will pop out of the last activated checkpoint, and it won't have counted as a death!

• Like 1

I can agree with the first part, complete the Story and leave the acing for afterward, but the other two pieces of advise are kinda terrible. If you're going to practice the controls, why not be productive and actually play the levels you're trying to ace? Also, telling someone to give up isn't exactly encouraging either.

My best advice is to stick to a level until you ace it. Quitting to try a different level can ruin the flow and momentum that you've had in one level. Another nifty trick is, if you're about to die by falling, so long as you haven't made contact with the lethal material/object yet, you can turn off the controller, wait for your Sackboy to disappear, and then turn it back on. When you do, your Sackboy will pop out of the last activated checkpoint, and it won't have counted as a death!

For the record, I've played through the story already (on a different account). This is actually my second time, but it's been about a year since I played through it the first time. This is my first time trying to ace these levels though.

About that trick, do you mean to pause the game before you hit the lethal stuff? Otherwise I'm not sure how I'd turn the controller off and have the Sackboy disappear in time, before I hit the surface.

• 4 months later...

I tried it and it counts as a death. Could this have changed in a patch?

@Dreakon - I'm with you on Sackboy not jumping when I'm pressing the button. I've aced everything up to the wilderness and there was a couple levels where the jump button seems to respond only half the time (Sensei's Lost Castle comes to mind). I am not looking forward to The Bunker. :facepalm:

I tried it and it counts as a death. Could this have changed in a patch?

Wish I could tell you. I haven't played the first LBP in ages.

I am going to have to pay attention to all of your guys' tips. I intend on attempting to plat LBP1 someday soon. On a side/related note, is it worth it?

Worth it as in is it worth it to Platinum, or is it worth it to own? In either case, the answer is "YES!"

I am going to have to pay attention to all of your guys' tips. I intend on attempting to plat LBP1 someday soon. On a side/related note, is it worth it?

I think it is. Aside from the Share and Create trophies, I found hunting down this platinum to be fun and challenging. I really liked the four player coop. Although, some of the camera angles with four players were atrocious. Nonetheless, I'm still glad I took this game off the shelf and dusted it off.

I think it is. Aside from the Share and Create trophies, I found hunting down this platinum to be fun and challenging. I really liked the four player coop. Although, some of the camera angles with four players were atrocious. Nonetheless, I'm still glad I took this game off the shelf and dusted it off.

I have a ridiculous back list of games to play, so LBP1 is not my first priority. There are SOOOO many games to finish up before a PS4 comes out. I hope the "nex-gen" does not arrive for SEVERAL more years. http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1215948p1.html

I have a ridiculous back list of games to play, so LBP1 is not my first priority. There are SOOOO many games to finish up before a PS4 comes out. I hope the "nex-gen" does not arrive for SEVERAL more years. http://games.ign.com.../1215948p1.html

Yeah, but there is nothing that says you have to play the newest games the second that they hit the streets either. I've spent most of the PS3's lifespan catching up on PS2 titles. I've gotten a few knocked out. ;) Now, most of the early games that came out are a mere pittance price-wise to launch prices...so you get all the fun and 1/4 the price.

Anyway...LBP is great if you like to expand your imagination and create your own levels/stories. Not so much if you are simply Trophy Hunting.

So I just spent the last 2 hours playing various levels and ace-ing none of them. And I'm pretty ticked off about it. There's no less satisfying of a feeling then playing a game for any extended amount of time and accomplishing absolutely nothing.

So anyways, any advice you can give a guy desperately trying to ace all the levels and failing miserably?

2 hours is not a long time. Looks at this time positiv, you have gained some experience from those level, so it was not a waste. But I recommend to concentrate on one level at a time. Keep playing this level untill you ace it. Just keep at it you wil get through it before you know it.

Yeah, but there is nothing that says you have to play the newest games the second that they hit the streets either. I've spent most of the PS3's lifespan catching up on PS2 titles. I've gotten a few knocked out. ;) Now, most of the early games that came out are a mere pittance price-wise to launch prices...so you get all the fun and 1/4 the price.

Anyway...LBP is great if you like to expand your imagination and create your own levels/stories. Not so much if you are simply Trophy Hunting.

I SERIOUSLY suck at making levels! It is WAY to complicated, nor do I have the time to give to learning everything. On my levels, I just copy someone elses level (I only copy levels that people specifically say, "feel free to copy". :blush: