I have to be honest about this game.

MRTheChez

4 minutes ago, ryan32289 said:

This game is a total flop. The characters were bland and hateful, the story was ordinary and the gameplay was only full of shooters which is pretty boring. Not even close to Saints Row and is a cheap rip off of it -_-

Everyone has his or her opinion, I respect that.

• Like 3

I think you can find it for 9€ now.  Price keeps dropping rapidly for it. Maybe if I wait a little longer it may come to psplus. Hopefully. Would save me some money.

I think I'll have fun with it though.

On 12/25/2017 at 3:13 PM, MRTheChez said:

Yes it is! Deep Silver also made Saints Row. But I was affraid that it might suck but honestly it doesn't I really enjoy this game!

Volition made Saints Row and this game.  Deep Silver is the publisher not the developer. Personally though, this game is  a great new IP. Really fun game.

On 12/25/2017 at 3:35 PM, ryan32289 said:

This game is a total flop. The characters were bland and hateful, the story was ordinary and the gameplay was only full of shooters which is pretty boring. Not even close to Saints Row and is a cheap rip off of it -_-

Lol “cheap rip off” like Volition didn’t make both of them, nothing about the game was a flop, you clearly never played it if you thought the characters were “bland and hateful”. It’s a completely different IP, it’s not ment to be a “rip off” or a anything. 

• Like 1

This was maybe my most disappointing game of the year. Everything about it is half done, and that's a shame. Everything is just passable. I think it's like movies, worse than bad is boring. OhMyDearGod all those same underground bunker areas. jeeeez. I swear this poor game was supposed to be different and something happened along the way and a big shake up happened. Take say, the driving. Smash into a wall and you get all the impact of a plastic squeaky hammer banging on a wall. All the mechanics, the music, everything..just half way there.
I still finished the game, but man..from Saints Row to this was my big disappointment.

Edited by givingtheguid
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, givingtheguid said:

This was maybe my most disappointing game of the year. Everything about it is half done, and that's a shame. Everything is just passable. I think it's like movies, worse than bad is boring. OhMyDearGod all those same underground bunker areas. jeeeez. I swear this poor game was supposed to be different and something happened along the way and a big shake up happened. Take say, the driving. Smash into a wall and you get all the impact of a plastic squeaky hammer banging on a wall. All the mechanics, the music, everything..just half way there.
I still finished the game, but man..from Saints Row to this was my big disappointment.

I'm hoping that the devs have learned from their mistake to not make this disaster of a game ever again that didn't sell as well as the other saints rows did before. Instead they will make SR5 to make things up for the fans.

• 7 months later...

I find the game enjoyable.  Interesting characters and abilities.  Not too far into it yet but it's great there's a variety of gameplay depending on your character you choose.  Definitely improves upon the Saint's Row formula.  You've gotta love bad 80's/90's action movies to play this game though. 

• Like 2

I loved this game, probably more than SRIV which was my favorite of the SR series! 

On 12/28/2017 at 6:00 PM, ryan32289 said:

I'm hoping that the devs have learned from their mistake to not make this disaster of a game ever again that didn't sell as well as the other saints rows did before. Instead they will make SR5 to make things up for the fans.

Or you know, make an AoM 2 and try to improve upon a new IP instead of beating a dead horse with the Saints Row series.

On 8/1/2018 at 4:37 PM, DARKB1KE said:

I find the game enjoyable.  Interesting characters and abilities.  Not too far into it yet but it's great there's a variety of gameplay depending on your character you choose.  Definitely improves upon the Saint's Row formula.  You've gotta love bad 80's/90's action movies to play this game though. 

It’s an awesome game, although you don’t just play as one character, you play as 3 of them at a time, there’s some cool strategy involved in putting different characters together.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

On 8/3/2018 at 6:03 PM, DarkHpokinsn said:

On 8/3/2018 at 6:03 PM, DarkHpokinsn said:

I loved this game, probably more than SRIV which was my favorite of the SR series! 

Or you know, make an AoM 2 and try to improve upon a new IP instead of beating a dead horse with the Saints Row series.

How about no. Change my mind.

Personally I really enjoyed the game. I preordered the game and had a few days off when I got it and I couldn't put it down. The only thing that sucked is collectibles not shown on map after all the upgrades and redoing missions on hardest difficulty (why have replay if you can't use it for that). Both needed fixing and patched later. But anyway, it's not hard to please me so I don't know if it means much coming from me that it was good :lol: ... btw I really liked Valkyria Revolution and Operation Raccoon City too (just to give a few examples of spin-offs). :ninja:

But to be honest none of those games live up to the main series. I don't know what we'll see first SR5 or AoM2. I don't think AoM did that well but they did want a new start for SR and this might have been it. And with SR5 the only place they could go is time travel I think.

PS: Gat Out of Hell was pretty cool too.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ryan32289 said:

Well I mean, there’s a lot of successful game franchises where the first one is seen as mediocre and then the sequel improves on everything the original did wrong. (Although I thought they did great with this game) who’s to say AoM couldn’t be improved upon in a sequel though?

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

10 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Well I mean, there’s a lot of successful game franchises where the first one is seen as mediocre and then the sequel improves on everything the original did wrong. (Although I thought they did great with this game) who’s to say AoM couldn’t be improved upon in a sequel though?

Maybe it will probably.

2 hours ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

Maybe not everything but between the bullet sponge enemies and the powers it is definitely not the best entry.

It definitely is, to me at least. The enemies are always “bullet spongy” in the SR games, I don’t think bullet sponge Enemies are not all that terrible like everyone else seems to.