Miss seeing a trophy popping

MoreTheVictim

Do you sometimes miss seeing a trophy popping? (Not sure if that's correct English)

I once had this in Red Dead Redemption.

I was going for the Buckin' Awesome trophy, for which you have to find and capture/mount whatever it's called can't remember 3 unique horses. I was 100% sure I found all 3 of them and did the required thing but I didn't see the trophy popping. So I went back to search again and did it again like twice more and after 30-45 minutes I decided to check my trophy list only to see I obtained the trophy 30-45 minutes ago after the 3rd horse.

I felt like a failure...  :S

This happened to me for the Chain Reaction trophy in GTA 4. I must have spent an hour longer than I needed to just piling up cars and blowing them up, I was getting so mad. Then I looked at my trophy list again to double check I was doing the right thing, and it was already earned. Hahaha....

Sometimes I think off things like time is trophies and money is trophies. Can you imagine how much valuable time you wasted while trying to obtain a trophy you already obtained?

Sorry if I sound a little addictive, but I can't be the only one who feels like that is a waste of time, especially because you aren't aware of it.

One of the trophies for co-op missions on Far Cry 3, we beated the mission but I never saw the trophy pop up, I thought it was glitched or something. When I looked at my trophy list there it was, I don't know if I missed it but I never saw it xD

I've noticed this more on Vita than PS3. I can recall it happening only once on PS3 but, I have no idea what game/trophy it was. I'm usually quite in-tune to the "ding", haha.

I've noticed this as well. For some reason, the ding doesn't seem to be as prominent on the Vita. Also, if you're doing something that requires the touchscreen, you may have a blindspot to the top right corner because of hand/fingers.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

While playing LA Noire I popped a trophy. Once I finished my session I, as always, went to sync my trophies and the trophy wasn't there :/ after a few hours I did another session and when I synced again the trophy popped. I also had on ps4 trophies popping while on the xbm menu :/ the screenshots for those trophies are hilarious tho