What was your favourite game of 2017?

DUST3YY__

8 hours ago, ManaFear said:

2017 was one of the single best years for video games in an extremely long time, but the game that stood out as the best to me was definitely Nier: Automata.

Nier: Automata is the exemplar for masterful story telling in video games, along with a wonderfully fun and addictive rest of the game, but the story was so incredibly immersive to me, personally, and I can wholeheartedly say that it will go down as one of, if not my most cherished experiences in video games.

I guess Nier will be my game of the year 2018 ... played it the last month and totally agree. Although I've already got the platin I play some chapters from Nier:Automata once in a while ?

• 2 months later...

tough call between a few games:

Tokyo Xanadu eX+

Y's VIII Lacrimosa of DANA

Battlechasers: Night War

Nier Automata

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash

It is really hard to pick between these as they are all great games. Runner ups would be Mummy Demastered (classic metroid style what is not to love) and ELEX (i have a bit of a soft spot for Piranha Bytes games).

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2018 at 9:53 PM, Ringtonwhaledog said:

Horizon Zero Dawn would be my favourite game of 2017 since it was visually beautiful, excellent game play, original/unique and a cracking story to boot ...........Uncharted Lost Legacy second but I am choosing from the games I actually played of course. 

I never got in to it but I agree as I watched my mate blast through the game, has some amazing visuals

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2018 at 9:30 PM, katebcktt said:

Definitely Night In The Woods. A phenomenal game. The story still sticks with me almost a year after it was released and I can see myself replaying it countless times, once I finally get a break from work.

(Horizon Zero Dawn is an honourable mention, though.) 

That's my exact opinion, Night in the Woods was amazing, (even tho the ending was kinda "meh" to me, it was super fun to play) and Horizon Zero Dawn was also incredible.