F1 2013 Season Thread

Greenguy81

Korea was a pretty awesome race, in my opinion. Kimi did a great job finishing in 2nd place, Vettel as usual was in a league of his own and Webber, as usual, has awful luck. I really think Webber could have had a potential podium finish if he kept it up but of course his race was ruined by things out of his control. Driver of the day has to go to Hulkenberg. He did a fantastic job keeping Hamilton off and drove that Sauber like a champ. It was a really exciting race and I can't wait for one of my favorite tracks next weekend, Suzuka. 

Parker

Doesn't help Hamilton that his driving style seems to wreck the tyres like he did on his 1st stint on the hard tyre then the team didn't bring him in when he was losing around 4 seconds a lap causing him to be in traffic behind the likes of Raikkonen and Hulkenberg once he came in for his 2nd stop.

Korea isn't a bad circuit as it has 3 distinct sectors which require a compromise it's the fact it's in the middle of nowhere in a country without a Motorsport heritage which means there's no fans there. Then the staff there make stupid decisions like allowing the Jeep to go and try and put Webber's fire out which could potentially lose them the race on the calendar.

Latest gossip on bbc is Alonso beig a bit snidey towards raikonnen, implying he is no quicker than massa. Should be funny next season

Drivers standings so far:

1. Vettel - 272 points

2. Alonso - 195 points

3. Raikkonen - 167 points

7. Massa - 89 points.

Yep, Kimi is no faster than Massa. Strange though that he is so close to Alonso in points then, huh? 

I imagine next season will be very interesting. Not only do we have the new engines and regulations, we're going to see both Ferrari drivers want the number one position and have them race it out to see who deserves it. I imagine if Ferrari issues any team orders they won't be followed. :lol: 

Parker 

Drivers standings so far:

1. Vettel - 272 points

2. Alonso - 195 points

3. Raikkonen - 167 points

7. Massa - 89 points.

Yep, Kimi is no faster than Massa. Strange though that he is so close to Alonso in points then, huh? 

I imagine next season will be very interesting. Not only do we have the new engines and regulations, we're going to see both Ferrari drivers want the number one position and have them race it out to see who deserves it. I imagine if Ferrari issues any team orders they won't be followed. :lol:

Parker 

He was actually talking about when raikonnen and Massa were at Ferrari - but yeah just sounds like Alonso is being a moaner (again)

He was actually talking about when raikonnen and Massa were at Ferrari - but yeah just sounds like Alonso is being a moaner (again)

Ah, okay. Still, I think Alonso may be in for a little surprise next year. I know I'm really excited for 2014. We'll have the new engines which should complicate some things and we're going to see this awesome rivalry at Ferrari. I've gotta say, I enjoy watching Alonso race and there is no doubt he is very talented but I personally think Kimi is the better and faster driver. It will be intense next year, no doubt about that. 

Parker

I'm very much looking forward to the 2014 season too, especially now that the 2013 season seems to be decided for good. Red Bull and Vettel will win the titles, so now the others are racing for single race wins for the remainder of the season I guess. There are also quite a few drivers who need to show their skills to secure a cockpit for the next season, otherwise they might end up jobless (though they'd probably still get a cockpit in some other racing series).

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Seb for his 4th consecutive driver's championship. 

Parker

how can you say that, the guy is a prick, 2 weeks ago on live tv during last race, he was on team radio telling the team to keep webber out his way, thus making the team call webber in for a third stop, that was not needed, handing the win to vettel.

the little prick is so desperate to not get booed, he now starts breaking FIA rules after the race has finished

how can you say that, the guy is a prick, 2 weeks ago on live tv during last race, he was on team radio telling the team to keep webber out his way, thus making the team call webber in for a third stop, that was not needed, handing the win to vettel.

the little prick is so desperate to not get booed, he now starts breaking FIA rules after the race has finished

If I had just won my 4th consecutive drivers championship in what many claim is the pinnacle of motorsport, I think I'd be doing a little bit of celebration too. I seriously doubt it had anything to do with him not wanting to get booed.

Also him being a prick or not doesn't change the fact he is a 4 time champion, and I'm simply congratulating him for that. It is a hell of an achievement no matter who you are. 

Parker

• Like 2

If I had just won my 4th consecutive drivers championship in what many claim is the pinnacle of motorsport, I think I'd be doing a little bit of celebration too. I seriously doubt it had anything to do with him not wanting to get booed.

Also him being a prick or not doesn't change the fact he is a 4 time champion, and I'm simply congratulating him for that. It is a hell of an achievement no matter who you are. 

Parker

Fair enough

Roll on next year

Edited by Widow_Warrior

The only person who so far has won and isnt an ego monster from what I can tell is Button.

Being obnoxious and having a 'I am the most important person on this track' seems to be a winner ;)

Another good race from Lotus, although its started to get heated in that team.

A Four times winner of the F1 Championship isnt usually going to be a friendly sort.

Highly motivated, focused and care for no-one but yourself once you get to the race track is the sort of thing that you would expect.

Vettel showed yesterday that he can drive. He pitted on the second lap and Alonso did the same coming out 2 places behind Vettel. 5 laps later Vettel was up 7 places and Alonso up one.

Less than halfway through the race and he was in second place and ready to take the lead. Alsono had made four places and was still in 13/14 place.

And they still say Vettel cant pass when he doesn't have blue flags.

So congratulations to the youngest 4 time world champ, and the first 4 times consecutive from your maiden championship.

On a side note, its been a while since a Red Bull suffered an alternator failure....they haven't happened since they stopped using those unusual engine maps...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to 2014. Its been 5 years since there was last significant body work changes and much longer since there was powertrain changes.

But the combination of a new power struggle as well as an aero arms race ....ooooh I just cant wait until testing begins again!

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the finale in Brazil, really good racing and plenty of overtaking having the rain through all the practice sessions really threw a spanner in the works and made for a great race.

Next year is looking like it will be an amazing season with all the rule changes and it will be interesting to see who has a reliable car as that will be such a key factor.

Roll on 2014 can't wait