Need advice on buying a game

wackt1

Hi, I'm planning to buy Monster Hunter World on the PS4. I have a $50 dollar gamestop gift card and on that note, does Gamestop need a receipt for the trade in system (I'm thinking of trading in Resistance 3, Dead space 3 (though might not since I bought dlc for it), and/or wolfenstein: the new order (ps4). Though I can't find the receipt for the first two). Also, should I wait until there is a sale on the game to buy it and will ps plus be necessary to play with others online?  

1 hour ago, wackt1 said:

Hi, I'm planning to buy Monster Hunter World on the PS4. I have a $50 dollar gamestop gift card and on that note, does Gamestop need a receipt for the trade in system (I'm thinking of trading in Resistance 3, Dead space 3 (though might not since I bought dlc for it), and/or wolfenstein: the new order (ps4). Though I can't find the receipt for the first two). Also, should I wait until there is a sale on the game to buy it and will ps plus be necessary to play with others online?  

No, they don't need a receipt, and the trade-in value is really low. You might not get much for your games.

• Like 1

The Value in trade in based on the Gamestop website puts Resistance 3 at 3 cents, Dead Space 3 at $1.00 and Wolfenstein: The New Order at $8.00.

PS+ was required for online during the Monster Hunter World Beta

Edited by Narfi525
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Gamestop/ebgames is a ripoff for trade-ins.  You'd be better off selling locally for $15-20 on gaming buy/sell groups.  Or keep them as collection :) 

7 hours ago, Narfi525 said:

The Value in trade in based on the Gamestop website puts Resistance 3 at 3 cents, Dead Space 3 at $1.00 and Wolfenstein: The New Order at $8.00.

PS+ was required for online during the Monster Hunter World Beta

ok thanks for telling me 

For trade in value, Gamestop gives the least back and is one of the worst for trading in games even for store credit in my opinion. You can get far more by selling your games for cash on ebay or or another store. I know in the UK we have stores like Cash Converters and CEX exchange that sell used stuff and give much better value than actual gaming stores, so if there are similar stores in your area they can be worth checking. Local selling sites are also good in that you often don't need to ship stuff.

No receipt needed btw.

About buying, personally I wait for sales as I have a backlog anyway, but if you're need of something to play and don't mind spending more for getting the game quicker, then there's no reason to wait. A second hand version is another option if you want to decrease the cost a bit.

You need PSN Plus to play online for the PS4. 

8 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

For trade in value, Gamestop gives the least back and is one of the worst for trading in games even for store credit in my opinion. You can get far more by selling your games for cash on ebay or or another store. I know in the UK we have stores like Cash Converters and CEX exchange that sell used stuff and give much better value than actual gaming stores, so if there are similar stores in your area they can be worth checking. Local selling sites are also good in that you often don't need to ship stuff.

No receipt needed btw.

About buying, personally I wait for sales as I have a backlog anyway, but if you're need of something to play and don't mind spending more for getting the game quicker, then there's no reason to wait. A second hand version is another option if you want to decrease the cost a bit.

You need PSN Plus to play online for the PS4. 

True, Gamestop gives jackshit when selling/trading in games. I live in the U.S so the equivalent to cash converters and CEX exchanges are pawn shops. Though, I think there might be two around my area.

I do I have some games and DLC I haven't started yet so I might hold back on MHW until then.