Missing Upgrade Crystals

plpalo

Some spoilers ahead! Read only if you completed the game or don't care!

My patience is running out :) I've been trying to find one missing crystal that I need for the full upgrade trophy and the platinum. According to the counters on the map, there are still three (!) crystals hidden in the world:

- 1 in the waterfall section

- 1 in the giant deer section

- 1 in the final section of the game where youcome back from the remote island

I have the crystal radar upgrade but it still doesn't seem to show any of the missing ones. However, I did get a couple of  'extra' crystals - one on my way back from the remote island (the map says 1/0 crystals) and one in the central area (the map says 14/13). Is there a bug and the crystals are not where the map counters show them to be? Did I really stumble upon 'extra' crystals? Do the black obelisks have anything to do with it? 

In the three locations that I'm still supposed to find the crystals I can see the following floating structures (top right corner of the screenshot)

DWW6_8zW4AA_EJg.jpg

Are there crystals hidden within them? Is this a good lead at all? :)

3 hours ago, GameOverComesAll said:

Do you recall how to get these two crystals? They're the last two that I need, but I can't seem to get near them no matter which angle I'm using.

I don't know if this was the right way as it's kind of long-winded, but what I actually did was go from the other entrance to the swamp, the little paths just above the bit where the totals thing is pointing.

To get to it, follow the river to the end (the one just above that entrance, you can reach it from the area with the big bird) and go to higher ground via the trees, then there's two of those spirit things that you can use with your final power to get to a high up path.

If you follow that path you'll reach high up areas in the swamp where you can get to both of those crystals.

Hopefully you get what I mean? If it makes no sense to you I can take some screenshots later when I'm on my PS4?

• Like 1

I created a video with all the crystals locations. I counted 76 in the video, which is one too many so there must be a duplicate there which I couldn't find ;) The magic of glitched counters. It's divided into areas so it should be used as a help to find the last few remaining crystals rather than a walkthrough of the game.

10 hours ago, Kristycism said:

I don't know if this was the right way as it's kind of long-winded, but what I actually did was go from the other entrance to the swamp, the little paths just above the bit where the totals thing is pointing.

To get to it, follow the river to the end (the one just above that entrance, you can reach it from the area with the big bird) and go to higher ground via the trees, then there's two of those spirit things that you can use with your final power to get to a high up path.

If you follow that path you'll reach high up areas in the swamp where you can get to both of those crystals.

Hopefully you get what I mean? If it makes no sense to you I can take some screenshots later when I'm on my PS4?

I have the general idea, but I'm not completely sure of the beginning of the path. I had already tried to get to the crystals via those "little paths" that you mentioned, but it was blocked off by an ice hill and there isn't a warthog-like animal to help you up there. There must be another path I'm not seeing, so if you do have some screenshots, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: OK, I finally found the way. My issue was that I missed the transparent beings by the waterfall the few times I was over there. Thanks.

Edited by GameOverComesAll

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 30/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, visighost said:

EA also put out this official guide. It covers every crystal with pictures and text on how to get it.

fecrystalguidemapupdate.jpg.adapt.1456w.

Hopefully this will help me finding the remaining 8 crystals left, the game is good no doubt but the collectable and  location finder (power up) for the gems is absolute trash, so sick of going back and fourth trying to find the exact route to them

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...