Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

so:

Maradns

Czp6AKi.jpg

Deadwood

RWaQFuM.jpg

Mararc

LWfRC2t.jpg

Dwood3rc

7WP44jy.jpg

Gamespydns

IVtx74h.jpg

Windows Firewall's Gonespy Ports TCP

wrQGbnI.jpg

Windows Firewall's Gonespy Ports UDP

jo8regU.jpg

I've copy-pasted everything from the guide (as suggested by NeM). I've re-opened the firewall ports on Windows Firewall (as described on the guide and as you can see in the images) and re-putted a static IP on ps3 and on my PC. I've disabled the firewall on my modem. And i putted the DMZ on ps3.

DNS ERROR, once again.

The only thing that i haven't do are putting the firewalls ports on my modem, cuz i don't know how to set everything correct.

SERGEN, can you do a screenshot of the page with the firewall ports opened in the modem? So that i can copy-past them? Thanks.

ps: i said re-opened cuz, i had dismantled everything once i was sure that was my speed connection (7mb in download and 500kb in upload).

ps2: yes, i'm using Windows 7, but i copy-pasted the texts, so the formatting must be right.

ps3: on the windows firewall's gonespy ports, on one of the voices, there is "nat traversal not allowed". I must allowed it?

ps4: ah, i have Avast Antivirus, but it's the free version, so no additional firewall enabled. And i have adblock (google chrome) but i don't see anything about blocking ports...

Edited by APCGrayLocked

Amended my text files as per Sergen's screenshots but no difference, still DNS errors on my PS3, man I'm running out of ideas lol

If anyone has it working could you possibly send me your .txt files so I can edit my IP in to them and try it that way?

edit: or better yet send me their whole 3 working folders? I'd GREATLY appreciate it lol

Edited by Sellers

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Windows Firewall's Gonespy Ports TCP

wrQGbnI.jpg

Windows Firewall's Gonespy Ports UDP

you need to open port 53 for both of these as well...tcp and udp...maradns, deadwood and gonespy screenshots all look good... 

If no success, try running netstat as per my previous post...it'll help you see which programs are using which ports on your pc...see if there's conflict with 53, 80, 443, 27900, 29900, 29901 somewhere...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Maybe it is what I did for the firewall settings within the router that got it to work for me. If you put the address of your default gateway into your web browser, router information will show up. For me the Sky router has a "Security" tab and the Firewall is there. Below are the screenshots of what I set for Outbound and Inbound services. 

leQoBNl.png

iOJgsm3.png

Are you also using a static IP on your laptop/PC? You should follow this video to get a static IP, your laptop/PC could be randomly changing your IP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iRp1Nug0PU I recommend leaving the Alternative DNS Server setting as blank. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

already opened those ports on my windows firewall, Prof. Here's the screen:

Gonespy DNS TCP

m3eZIIN.jpg

Gonespy DNS UDP

EQUJmBw.jpg

By the way, Sergen, i have a Technicolor TG582n, a modem of my provider, Fastweb. And the only thing that i can do with the firewall option, is to disable it or block everything (and i disable it, obviously). I can, however, create the ports. Here's the screen:

poVGrdk.jpg

Can you tell me if i have done everything correct, or i must put something else in the tab, before i link those ports to my PC?

2 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

already opened those ports on my windows firewall, Prof. Here's the screen:

Gonespy DNS TCP

m3eZIIN.jpg

Gonespy DNS UDP

EQUJmBw.jpg

By the way, Sergen, i have a Technicolor TG582n, a modem of my provider, Fastweb. And the only thing that i can do with the firewall option, is to disable it or block everything (and i disable it, obviously). I can, however, create the ports. Here's the screen:

poVGrdk.jpg

Can you tell me if i have done everything correct, or i must put something else in the tab, before i link those ports to my PC?

For your inbound ports, you also need to put the IP of your laptop/PC into the firewall, but for Outbound, you leave the IP as 0.0.0.0 I have also kept my Firewall enabled on WIndows so maybe if you have it disabled, you should enable it again. 

Ok guys, new game tested: Section 8

I must regret to say that this will stay unplattable because ranked games HAVE TO BE SEARCHED, and I did not find any way to create my own ranked server, just a private one.
Even if, theorically, a game becomes ranked when you have 4 people, there's a catch: stats were saved on the servers, called "Section 8 Online". When I boot the game, there's written on a little box in the bottom "Section 8 Online is not available", and if you go to check you stats, it will say that it's indeed not available.

So guys, I'm afriad that Section 8 and VERY POSSIBLY Section 8: The Prejudice, are not saved by GoneSpy. What a shame!

CZqfPxb.jpg

Edited by LoStraniero91

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

For your inbound ports, you also need to put the IP of your laptop/PC into the firewall, but for Outbound, you leave the IP as 0.0.0.0 I have also kept my Firewall enabled on WIndows so maybe if you have it disabled, you should enable it again. 

I can't put my IP into the Firewall. I can only create TCP and UDP ports. And yes, my Windows's Firewall is enabled.

I can disable UPnP and activate the Game Mode, that (as i read) allow more compatibility, but reduces protections to the modem/router.

I totally didn't realize Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe was a Gamespy server because never thought I'd bother with it, but if I get some free time, I'll absolutely attempt to setup a server and try it out. It'd be nice to have one less unobtainable trophy list in my backlog.

7 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

I can't put my IP into the Firewall. I can only create TCP and UDP ports. And yes, my Windows's Firewall is enabled.

I can disable UPnP and activate the Game Mode, that (as i read) allow more compatibility, but reduces protections to the modem/router.

I think you need to keep UPnP enabled for the server to work. As for what @Sellers has said about how he's tried his things I can't really think of much else to say regarding his issues. I do run it with wireless internet on the PS3 and laptop, so I recommend going wireless for everything. I tried wired/wireless and wired/wired before and wireless/wireless is the only one that has worked so far. @APCGrayLocked, you need to format your gamespydns.txt file so the text of your IP address is 1 space away from the A in the text document, I think that might help. 

Just now, DaivRules said:

I totally didn't realize Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe was a Gamespy server because never thought I'd bother with it, but if I get some free time, I'll absolutely attempt to setup a server and try it out. It'd be nice to have one less unobtainable trophy list in my backlog.

It'll be an interesting one to know about, all the online is with rooms that people create within the game and maybe if the game has rooms that were pre-created within it two people can fight online with that. It also fits the formula of being on the Unreal Engine. I have the game ordered but it's going to take a few days for it to arrive, so it would be good if you could test it. If you have one of the working games (Bulletstorm or Unreal Tournament 3), you can check if you've configured it correctly by getting into the multiplayer of either of those games, then you'll know for sure if MK vs DC was working. 

Edited by Sergen

15 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It'll be an interesting one to know about, all the online is with rooms that people create within the game and maybe if the game has rooms that were pre-created within it two people can fight online with that. It also fits the formula of being on the Unreal Engine. I have the game ordered but it's going to take a few days for it to arrive, so it would be good if you could test it. If you have one of the working games (Bulletstorm or Unreal Tournament 3), you can check if you've configured it correctly by getting into the multiplayer of either of those games, then you'll know for sure if MK vs DC was working. 

I don't have Bulletstorm or Unreal Tournament 3, also I'll be attempting to duplicate as much of this in a Unix environment as possible as that's what I'm most familiar with when it comes to network configurations. I'll screenshot and document as much as I can as I work on it so if I get it running I can share things and if I don't, I'd advise people what doesn't work.

I likely won't have much time until this weekend, but I'll share what I find out then.

• Like 1

sorry busy day...late reply...your 127.0.0.1 netstat data says listening instead of established...i thought this meant that you are not actively connected to gonespy since that is the  DNS gonespy uses...will do some more research...

edit: you could try using this...https://docs.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/downloads/tcpview

to monitor activity in real time...i tried it out and activated deadwood, maradns, and gonespy one at-a-time...

one deadwood.exe process showed up for deadwood on local port domain...

one maradns.exe process for maradns again on local port domain...

over a dozen java.exe processes appeared when I started up bstormps3-0.1.jar on a bunch of different port numbers...

2nd edit: i'm also reading of people having similar server errors with 32-bit Java...are you guys using 32 or 64-bit?...

3rd edit : I'm falling asleep reading about this stuff...will have a look again after work tomorrow...

Edited by ProfBambam55

@APCGrayLocked I eventually got mine to work by asking Sergen to very kindly send me his 3 files, gamespydns, mararc and deadwood3rc. Once I inserted these files in to my folders and changed the IP address in the files to that of my own Laptop, my PS3 then immediately started connecting after running all 3 commands again so there must have either been an issue with how I was following the instructions or there was some problem with the formatting of the test, I will upload these files but I can't fetch sergen's links as my work PC blocks them.

I've left UT3 afk getting me wins at the moment :D

Edited by Sellers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sellers said:

@APCGrayLocked I eventually got mine to work by asking Sergen to very kindly send me his 3 files, gamespydns, mararc and deadwood3rc. Once I inserted these files in to my folders and changed the IP address in the files to that of my own Laptop, my PS3 then immediately started connecting after running all 3 commands again so there must have either been an issue with how I was following the instructions or there was some problem with the formatting of the test, I will upload these files but I can't fetch sergen's links as my work PC blocks them.

I've left UT3 afk getting me wins at the moment :D

that's interesting...glad you got it to work...just out of curiosity, did you originally open/edit the files with wordpad or notepad?...

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

ok, i will wait those file.

looks like deadwood is your issue based on tcpview...something within the file perhaps?...i wonder why the copy-paste edited files would work for some people and not others...

@NeM2k2 would it be possible to link the edited files into your setup tutorial?...as in edit them on your end and drop them in the appropriate folders for downloading...or a "replace mararc with this file"..."put this file in deadwood folder"... 

Edited by ProfBambam55

8 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

that's interesting...glad you got it to work...just out of curiosity, did you originally open/edit the files with wordpad or notepad?...

looks like deadwood is your issue based on tcpview...something within the file perhaps?...i wonder why the copy-paste edited files would work for some people and not others...

@NeM2k2 would it be possible to link the edited files into your setup tutorial?...as in edit them on your end and drop them in the appropriate folders for downloading...or a "replace mararc with this file"..."put this file in deadwood folder"... 

Notepad originally, it's weird as I edited my files as per Sergen's screenshots but still didn't work, after I copied his files directly it worked right away, so there was obviously some mistake in one of the files that I just wasn't seeing.

I'll grab the links later or re-upload my own on to mediafire or something later.

16 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Nothing. I have putted all the files that Sellers (thanks again, bud) have passed to me in to the mara e dead folders. Nothing. Deadwood is not running and i don't know why. Ideas?

You could try allowing deadwood in your firewall settings...at work again so going off memory here...in windows firewall you have an option that shows all your programs that have green checkmarks to the left of certain programs...i think it also has two boxes on the right side labeled private and public...check the deadwood properties and see if it has the "domain" setting checked off...i'd have to be at home for more specific instructions...

you could also try inputting ./uninstall.bat in the deadwood command prompt then ./install.bat again...see if it changes anything in tcpview...

Edited by ProfBambam55