Best Devil May Cry (Possible spoilers)

BadWolf90

Recently started playing  this game after i finished tomb raider and i must say im alot more impressed than i thought i would be!  In my opinion its better than any of the previous installments.

Love how you dont have to enter any menus to swap any of your weapons so you can create seamless combos. 

Also Limbo is a great idea! It means the developers could literally do anything they wanted in the missions, some of them i thought were very clever. (Like the Club level with Lilith and the news corporation boss)

Suh a shame it didnt sell very well (in the UK at least) because i know even proper DMC fans would of enjoyed it if they got over the fact Dante had a haircut. (Yes i know its a reboot)

Yeah, because it wasn't just a button press away in DMC3 and 4... oh wait it was...

DmC failed to impress me with the demo and the changing of Dante's personality and appearance just sealed the deal that this wasn't a purchase even if the game went by a different name I'd have avoided it, looks like I'll have to stay content with the original four games.

• Like 2

I also thought the whole being in limbo thing was really cool, although in my opinion some of the levels were a bit bland & didn't really stand out, wish there was a few more like the Club which had a very unique look.

Overall though I really like the new direction of the game, thought a couple of the bosses were some of the best in the series!

Having said that i still prefer the original game.. just. :P

• Like 1

New DmC is the best game of all time! Old Dante is oldschool now and he had to go, new Dante is pretty awsome and fits into todays trend [kinda like] :P It became my favourite game, since I love Dante and his lines, and I just love everything in the game, specially the fighting system. Now all I need is a DmC MMORPG to piss my panties and play it forever :P

• Like 2

To be fair i didnt like the demo...i dont think they used the best level to let people try.

In fact the only reason i picked it up was because i had alot of store credit due to trade-in and thought why not!

Dont regret it at all though, love it.

I dont see anything wrong with Dante's personality, its not too far from DMC3, and his appearance is alot more modern.

Honestly I love the new game more than the origionals . I will admit I'm glad they did not keep the first Reboot Dante that was released, the one the looked drugged out and smoking all the time. The insane combat is back. I'm now on Dante Must Die mode and I've mastered the ability of clearing a entire fight without ever touching the ground. The thing I'm glad they took out was the over the top action insanely ridiculous cut scenes.

My only three complaints are 1. some of the dialogue. While the new dante is still a smart ass, I dont like that some of the enemy/boss taunting was replaced with echanging "Fuck You"'s for 30 seconds

2.  No lock on, but i understand with the angel and devil evade's they ran out of button room.

*Possible Spoiler*

3. The slight plot hole of what happened between the age of 7 to current day. And why Mundas was just not interested in killing Dante. Maybe he was always looking for him but the game did a poor job telling it.

• Like 1

Honestly I love the new game more than the origionals . I will admit I'm glad they did not keep the first Reboot Dante that was released, the one the looked drugged out and smoking all the time. The insane combat is back. I'm now on Dante Must Die mode and I've mastered the ability of clearing a entire fight without ever touching the ground. The thing I'm glad they took out was the over the top action insanely ridiculous cut scenes.

My only three complaints are 1. some of the dialogue. While the new dante is still a smart ass, I dont like that some of the enemy/boss taunting was replaced with echanging "Fuck You"'s for 30 seconds

2.  No lock on, but i understand with the angel and devil evade's they ran out of button room.

*Possible Spoiler*

3. The slight plot hole of what happened between the age of 7 to current day. And why Mundas was just not interested in killing Dante. Maybe he was always looking for him but the game did a poor job telling it.

Loving the insane combat. But its going to be a while before i master it! Ive completed it now but still sometimes get a bit muddled with the buttons.

I do like how every button does something in combat though.

DMC's have never had the strongest story IMO, though i do quite like this one's simplicity.

yeah the story has never been the strong point. But i do like that this story will continue, given it did well enough to merit a second installment of the reboot series.

oh? I had no idea a second installment had been greenlighted? Im currently downloading Vergils Downfall, didnt realise it was set after the game so quite intrigued! (Even if it is a bit pricey..)

oh? I had no idea a second installment had been greenlighted? Im currently downloading Vergils Downfall, didnt realise it was set after the game so quite intrigued! (Even if it is a bit pricey..)

Really liked the dlc. Wasn't into Vergils combat style at first as it seemed pretty slow compared with Dante, but by the end I prefered it once you fully upgrade. He's definately the more powerful :D

Enjoy.

• Like 2

I bought and played the game after Tomb Raider as well haha. I found the game very enjoyable. However I have never played any of the other Devil May Cry games. After reading this forum I believe I have to try the other four out now. 

Yeah you should pick them up, i find them more difficult though than DMC is, but quite enjoyable. (Apart from Two) 

DMC3 is the best one of those four, followed by 4, 1,2 for me.

Really liked the dlc. Wasn't into Vergils combat style at first as it seemed pretty slow compared with Dante, but by the end I prefered it once you fully upgrade. He's definately the more powerful :D

Enjoy.

Same, I didn't like vergil at first either. But upgraded he is an unstoppable force

Same, I didn't like vergil at first either. But upgraded he is an unstoppable force

I fell in love with his combat style once you could use Angel and Demon moves, teleporting is always fun. I wish you could use him in bloody palace mode.

Are they difficult to platinum? 

Yes they are!! I mean if you master the combat and dodging its easy enough i guess, but i found 3 too difficult and gave up.

I fell in love with his combat style once you could use Angel and Demon moves, teleporting is always fun. I wish you could use him in bloody palace mode.

Yes they are!! I mean if you master the combat and dodging its easy enough i guess, but i found 3 too difficult and gave up.

I like a challenge, but I don't want to be challenged enough to the point where I get pissed off. I'll definitely look into though. 

• 9 months later...

I really loved this game. I bought at launch and I'm thinking about playing again and platinum. Only need some difficulty trophies. I really don't know why the hate, it's a wonderful game and I think a great reboot. And I played all dmcs.

The styles are gone along with the sick combos you could pull off

Story is try-hard social commentary were the previous were cheesy

Donte's use of the word 'fuck'

It's way too bloody easy.

Anyone who took the time to master DMC3/4 is left without challenge in enemies and pulling off SSS combos since DmC does it based on damage rather than hits, meaning you can achieve SSS in one hit were in DMC3/4 it took a lot of effort and skill and enemies telegraph their attacks for way too long and obviously.

• Like 1

It wasn't as bad as most people made it out to be. People would say the same thing if though if we had 4 games of this reboot but then it rebooted into the old DMC so there is no winning it's just people don't like changes to things that aren't broke but honestly I thought it was really good.

I personally think this is the worst one, it was an unnecessary reboot in my opinion. This game's story is so dull & uninteresting, and it seems Ninja Theory tried way too hard to put in some witty social commentary, because it fell extremely flat in that regard. Characters are just as dull, I don't get why people think this Dante is so cool, he's just a foul-mouthed punk to me, and they ruined Vergil even more, he just seemed so self-righteous. Gameplay, now here is where it really falls apart for me, not only is it so ridiculously easy (I started on Nephilim by the way), it is broken as hell (pun not intended), if you know what you're doing you can perform an endless air combo, provided you have enemies to juggle.

There's also the fact that Ninja Theory couldn't even come up with a decent control scheme for it, no lock-on button & 2 evade buttons, that is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard, one of those evade buttons could've easily been the lock-on button, but no. that would've been too easy. Yet another gripe I have with this (Yeah, I'm not done yet), is that there were no original moves for Dante, not only did he have a lot of the original Dante's techniques, he had one of Nero's too, Roulette, then the Style Rating system got heavily dumbed down, it didn't decrease until you got hit, and it went up too quickly & easily. The visuals are the only thing I think this game has going for it, until something gets a close-up view of course, this Dante's eyes look like glass, and certain supposedly smooth objects have jagged edges once you're close enough to them.

So between this game's flat story & characters, overly simplistic gameplay & it's not-so-subtle jabs at the original series, I am personally glad I did not pay a cent for it, this game does not measure up to the games it was supposedly meant to contend with (The original DMC quadrilogy & Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance).

• Like 2