Best Devil May Cry (Possible spoilers)

BadWolf90

I loved it, specially the combat, and the art style. They wer emind blowing, sure the game has its flaws, like storytelling. But I have it as the second best, DMC3 being the first.

Also, if any of you enjoyed the game, I recommend playing Vergil's Downfall, I can't tell you how different the combat feels when you are controlling him, and how much more challenging it is, specially if you thought the core game is easy. It also has one of the most coolest enemies in the game, I can't believe they didn't included it on Dante's story.

• 2 months later...

Seriously? DMC or should we call Heavenly Sword 2?

Have you ever played DMC3? And although the DMC4 doesn't have a lot of bosses and the levels are kinda repetitive, the combat system is a HELL OF A LOT MORE FLUID than this game (Just try to play the Bloody palace and see for yourself).

Only the fact that you use the R1 to select which enemy you're trying to hit, is something that makes this DMC looses a lot on the combat system... the fact that they changed the engine of the game and turned it more like a god of war than a Devil May Cry game made the game to loose its core players.

The camera system is another thing that bothers me a lot on this new DMC

The personality of the old Dante is way more interesting than just saying the F word all over the game

Ninja Theory destroyed the roots of the older DMC's by creating a new battle mechanics and introducing angel and demon mode and a devil trigger that doesn't make you feel like a demon and just the Old Dante

In the whole, the game lacks a lot of the game play its predecessors had and it lost the dialogues of the older games that it looks like people tried to think like 1000 old demons than just stubborn pre-teenagers like in this new installment.

DMC is a good game, but it lacks the main stuff that made the previous games feel so good.

DMC3 is the best of them all, sadly it wasn't for PS3 (DMC4 has better battle flow than DMC3, just by the fact that you can change Styles in the middle of the battle), but even though it was for PS2, I'm still looking for a game as good as DMC3

Hope they make a Capcom DMC5 and not a Ninja Theory DMC2...

I personally think this is the worst one, it was an unnecessary reboot in my opinion. This game's story is so dull & uninteresting, and it seems Ninja Theory tried way too hard to put in some witty social commentary, because it fell extremely flat in that regard. Characters are just as dull, I don't get why people think this Dante is so cool, he's just a foul-mouthed punk to me, and they ruined Vergil even more, he just seemed so self-righteous. Gameplay, now here is where it really falls apart for me, not only is it so ridiculously easy (I started on Nephilim by the way), it is broken as hell (pun not intended), if you know what you're doing you can perform an endless air combo, provided you have enemies to juggle.

There's also the fact that Ninja Theory couldn't even come up with a decent control scheme for it, no lock-on button & 2 evade buttons, that is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard, one of those evade buttons could've easily been the lock-on button, but no. that would've been too easy. Yet another gripe I have with this (Yeah, I'm not done yet), is that there were no original moves for Dante, not only did he have a lot of the original Dante's techniques, he had one of Nero's too, Roulette, then the Style Rating system got heavily dumbed down, it didn't decrease until you got hit, and it went up too quickly & easily. The visuals are the only thing I think this game has going for it, until something gets a close-up view of course, this Dante's eyes look like glass, and certain supposedly smooth objects have jagged edges once you're close enough to them.

So between this game's flat story & characters, overly simplistic gameplay & it's not-so-subtle jabs at the original series, I am personally glad I did not pay a cent for it, this game does not measure up to the games it was supposedly meant to contend with (The original DMC quadrilogy & Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance).

They should have called this game as Heavenly Sword 2, the weapon system is THE SAME. Thinking back on the weapons of DMC3... Cerberus, Agni & Rudra, Nevan, BeoWulf, the different styles... the firearms... Man... this new DMC sucks

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

As a fan of the series I can say I love this game. I originally played the demo for it and remember thinking it was the coolest thing in the universe. I then purchased Devil May Cry 4 and beat it before the reboot's release date. I was fucking awful at it and didn't know what I was doing half the time xD I did like it though.

After spending months with the reboot I went back to 4 and got quite good at the game, found out it was much fairer and more fun that I remember it to be. My senpai was playing the HD collection at the time and was telling me how good 3 was so I decided to buy it too (there was a discount on it at the time, got all 3 games for 10 bucks). I absolutely loved 3, thinking the combos and the difficulty was perfect, and didn't find beating the game on DMD and getting all the S ranks as hard as it was just pure fun! After that I went back to 4, just because it's so awesome xD

Last week, however I had the urge to revisit DMC1 (had tried it before 3 but found it too hard and...unfun) and was pleasantly surprised. After beating the game a couple times I got quite good at it and was able to beat normal mode again in only just a couple of hours, without breaking a sweat or even dying once. DMD was a pain in the ass though, beat the final level today as a matter of fact!

Still haven't touched 2, and just because of the broken combo system I don't think I ever will, to be honest, I've heard that game's horseshit in general too.

Due to my experiences with the games I don't really think there is a "best one", all of them have a good "fun factor" (if you exclude 1's DMD mode and the entirety of 2) and it really depends on what you're looking for. I say give them all a try (Again, excluding 2 and 1's DMD) if I had to recommend something.

3 is the best. Best characters, best bosses, best story, best soundtrack, and Dante`s personality is... fucking awesome.

DMC3 is better than DMC1, I Don`t understand why the nostalgia-faggots don`t admit it. It`s obvious.

DMC3> DMC1>> DMC4>>>>>DmC> DMC2 

It doesn't have to do with nostalgia, it has to do with when the game came out and what it established. Additionally it had a certain horror element which added to the game in a different way and brought different things to the table than 3. Even though I'd easilly play 3 or 4 over it I've heard valid argument as to why some people prefer 1.

• 2 months later...

I dont understand why people are rating DMC's for story and such... DMC is well known for their Gameplays, especially DMC4 and not for a "good" Story or backtracking LMAO. Because DMC4 is the most polished game of all time - if you are getting there good. Allready the fact of style switching makes DMC4 by far the best stylish game of all time. You'll have nearly infinity possibilities to create creative combos and such with advanced techniques like Star Rave, Guard Flying etc. But since all these things aren't needed for the Trophies, so people don't even know what for example DMC4 offers. But i can understand that you'll give a game a bad raiting, if you suck there. Also DMC4 is very hard to learn gameplay wise. The new DmC is more like a beginner friendly Game, if you get in touch more with Gameplay, which is not a bad thing - not at all. I could go even deeper into the matter, but hell... that would be something out of your minds. :hmm:

• 4 months later...