Dark Legion is an easy Platinum but possibly Unobtainable

Leo_the_Lion25

I wrote this on PST.org but wanted more people to be aware especially if you care about your completion percentage. 

This seems like a very easy VR Platinum at first glance but the tutorial mission is glitched on the steam version. This is most likely a straight up port. The reason it is glitched is that there is no shotgun in the tutorial mission so you cannot complete that mission. This makes the Excellent student trophy_gold.png trophy unobtainable unless the devs fixed it. 

I've never heard of this game so excuse my ignorance, but was this game translated from another language or something? The trophy descriptions seem to be broken English and just all around strange. Shame to hear about a potential unobtainable trophy, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManaFear said:

I've never heard of this game so excuse my ignorance, but was this game translated from another language or something? The trophy descriptions seem to be broken English and just all around strange. Shame to hear about a potential unobtainable trophy, though.

This exactly.. Checked it out since I was curious about the easy aspect of this, but holy hell. I can't even understand the Never give up trophy.. it just doesn't make any sense imo lol..

1 hour ago, ManaFear said:

40 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

This exactly.. Checked it out since I was curious about the easy aspect of this, but holy hell. I can't even understand the Never give up trophy.. it just doesn't make any sense imo lol..

For the most part I couldn't find anything about the developers besides their name Ice Words. I did find the game on the Microsoft store for PC under the name Beijing IceWorld Technology Co.,Ltd so it looks like they are from China. They are almost as bad as the Life of Black Tiger descriptions. I just don't understand how Playstation publishes these without any type of proofreading.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Diddi89 said:

I think 1500 is a high number of kills, is it grindy how it looks or isnt that much worse?

1500 doesn't seem like a lot of kills, but I am very worried about Severe player.  "Enter all levels 50 times" is what the description says. I don't know if they mean play 50 levels or do every level 50 times. The description was translated so the word "All" could be a mistake. Once you beat the game you can't just pick a level. You start back at level one. There are 5 levels and it takes around 2 hours to beat all 5 levels. You might be able to beat it in 45-60 minutes if you skip the enemies but that is still a lot of playthroughs. That is 250 levels in total. The rarity of the trophies are pretty low so I hope that is not the case. I beat the game once and that is the only worry that I have. I already got the tutorial trophy. Its buggy but you can still get it.

3 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

How do you get past the magic barrier at the end of level 2? It says use the crossbow but I keep shooting it and nothing happens

Lol I am happy that I'm not the only one who got stuck at that part. I don't know if you already got past it or not but you have to kill the flying beholder looking monsters. You have to use the crossbow to kill them. Once you kill all of them  3 fire rocks will appear over the door. Shoot those 3 rocks with the crossbow and the door will open. It took me around 20 minutes to figure it out. The game barely explains anything. I'm currently working on a guide for the game since I already plat it.

Edited by jamaicanchampion
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jamaicanchampion said:

Lol I am happy that I'm not the only one who got stuck at that part. I don't know if you already got past it or not but you have to kill the flying beholder looking monsters. You have to use the crossbow to kill them. Once you kill all of them  3 fire rocks will appear over the door. Shoot those 3 rocks with the crossbow and the door will open. It took me around 20 minutes to figure it out. The game barely explains anything. I'm currently working on a guide for the game since I already plat it.

I did figure it out but thanks anyways. Yeah it doesn't tell you anything on that part besides use your crossbow lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 8:21 PM, jamaicanchampion said:

I got the crossbow, but I’ve been all over the map and can’t find any ammo for it?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JollywoodJuan said:

I got the crossbow, but I’ve been all over the map and can’t find any ammo for it?

Once again it's another thing that they don't really explain. It has unlimited ammo. Just shake the move controller that is holding the crossbow and an arrow will pop up.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, jamaicanchampion said:

Once again it's another thing that they don't really explain. It has unlimited ammo. Just shake the move controller that is holding the crossbow and an arrow will pop up.

Hahahaha...man. I’m not sure whether I feel dumb or not. Thanks!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

For anyone still looking at this game, It's not a tough platinum at all and doesn't really require a guide but I can share a few observations. Hardest part was the tutorial challenges and especially the glitchy grenade challenge but you can reset them in game if it doesn't seem to get registered as complete.

"Severe player" means entering 50 levels total, and emphasis being on the word "enter" so it can be cheesed by quitting back from a level and loading your save so it will count that as one "enter" so 50 will only take a couple minutes.

For "The undead of war" you have to complete all levels in one go so if you die once in the first level but complete all four other levels without dying you won't unlock this one on the next run after replaying first level. It's way easier than it sounds because you get virtually infinite amount of healing syringes, unless you stay too close to explosives that you have to use a few times. Everything else can be dodged by walking sideways including bosses.

You get probably about 220-240 kills per 40-50 minute playthrough so you will need to farm for the 1500 kills for a couple hours. It's not an interesting or great game by any means so it will probably feel a bit of a chore after the first playthrough. ?

Oh and the most time efficient way to farm kills is at the beginning of the second level, there will be three waves of small spiders from both sides, leave one spider alive on the left side from the third wave as it won't start moving towards you if you are far enough. Quit back to menu and load your game and the waves will respawn. If you don't leave one alive they won't respawn when you load the game.

Edited by Poramies
  • Like 2

On 1/7/2019 at 11:33 AM, Poramies said:

Oh and the most time efficient way to farm kills is at the beginning of the second level, there will be three waves of small spiders from both sides, leave one spider alive on the left side from the third wave as it won't start moving towards you if you are far enough. Quit back to menu and load your game and the waves will respawn. If you don't leave one alive they won't respawn when you load the game.

Yep, that is how I farmed my kills. It the best method but there's no need to quit back to the main menu. Just can run back to the cave door/entrance then kill yourself with explosives. Much faster than going back to the main menu. 

• Like 2