[God of War Trophy] Survey Party Protection Skirmish unbeatable?

I'm near desperation right now.

For hours I'm trying to win the Survey Party Protection Skirmish. (found in Permafrost Plains)

The enemies are only under level 30 and my troops are level 60, but I can't beat it.

You have to protect 2 buildings. In the last wave there are a lot of enemies including some bosses coming from two sides. It's just imposible to hold them of both. One of the groups always ends up destroying the buildings while I fight the other group.

Someone managed to beat this mission and has some valuable tips for me?

It's the last mission I need for the God of War Trophy and it drives me crazy that I can't finish this.

Save your shock tactics for when the ogre spawns and focus him immediately before anything else. I didn't do anything special except for that and I got this mission on my first try.

Use whatever special tactics you can on him as well like lowering defense, buffing your offense, poison, or shock. If one of your units doesn't consist of a leader that can nerf enemy defense, consider leveling up one because that skill is RIDICULOUSLY good. Same with the offense buff, you buff yourself, and nerf the enemy, it makes things absolutely melt. 

Save your might for the boss waves and try to be in position for when the ogre spawns near the hill. You don't want to be super far away and have to spend might bumrushing back to base.

All I can think of, also, buy the combat boosts with KG for everything if it wasn't obvious. They help tremendously.

Edited by FearForDignity
  • Like 1

My first strategy was what has already been mentioned but that wasn’t working for me.  What worked for me is when you get to the third phase start off where the Wyverns spawn.  Kill them real quick and run back to the two camps.  If the one closest to the ogre is destroyed don’t worry.  All of the monsters spawn on that side so just guard the one the Wyverns normally would attack and you’re all good.

It's funny how this apparently easy skirmish can prove to be overwhelming if you don't use proper strategy. 

I actually bested 3 times even on hard after focusing my attention on the porc and mages first, the wolves will destroy one of the bases and then focus on you, meaning you have a little more time to prepare when compared to the other group. So focus on then first and then unleash your might on then. Having spears also helps here, they are strong against wolves team and doesn't suffer against sword from the porc.  

• Like 1

Any recommendations for skirmishes to help level up? I just beat the story and I have one group around the low 30s, but most of the rest are at the level you get them at. So based on the formation used above, I'll need to level up some different groups. Are there some preferred skirmishes you've found to help in leveling up?

3 hours ago, izzyrules said:

Any recommendations for skirmishes to help level up? I just beat the story and I have one group around the low 30s, but most of the rest are at the level you get them at. So based on the formation used above, I'll need to level up some different groups. Are there some preferred skirmishes you've found to help in leveling up?

Play those in the desert/winter land, not too hard and are around 30-37

Does anybody have tips for catching that runner in Skirmish? Seems impossible

Edited by Erkawest

On 4/2/2018 at 2:52 PM, Erkawest said:

Play those in the desert/winter land, not too hard and are around 30-37

Does anybody have tips for catching that runner in Skirmish? Seems impossible

use x to run and catch up to him and use a unit leader with the deafening roar ability which stopes enemy units in there tracks and then do what you can to kill the runner

• 2 months later...