$60, huh?

yowzagabowza

This game looked kinda interesting when I first saw it a while ago, but it surely doesn't look like a AAA priced game. I know graphics don't make a game, but there's a certain expectation when you charge a premium price. 

Anyway, trophies look fine, may be a bit tedious, but I'll have to wait a while for this to drop down to a more realistic price. 

I agree. I am in hell no paying 60$ for this game. It feels like a step up from an indie game. Just some random dude killing orcs...

Just watched some gameplay of it myself and it's laughable that they are charging $60 for this. Looks like it will get repetitive pretty fast and yes the graphics, cutscenes and overall presentation of the game are very underwhelming compared to today's standard. But it will have its price slashed a lot pretty soon since this game is more than likely going to flop so I'll see what the sale prices look like to decide then.

22 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Super unpopular opinion, but AAA games are vastly underpriced. This is probably what a $60 game should look like.

Haha, but it's not though, is it? 

According to real life and my own two eyeballs, this is what a $20-30 game looks like. 

Have you ever seen the process in which a newspaper is produced? Tons of work every day, lots of big machines, lots  of delivery people, and it still costs, like, 65¢. Nobody would pay $10 for a single newspaper, right? Not what the market dictates. 

This game is similar. Sure, tons of work went into it, but ain't nobody paying $60 for what looks like $20, or less, really. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

According to real life and my own two eyeballs, this is what a $20-30 game looks like. 

Have you ever seen the process in which a newspaper is produced? Tons of work every day, lots of big machines, lots  of delivery people, and it still costs, like, 65¢. Nobody would pay $10 for a single newspaper, right? Not what the market dictates. 

This game is similar. Sure, tons of work went into it, but ain't nobody paying $60 for what looks like $20, or less, really. 

A newspaper is totally and completely subsidized by advertisements and is a daily disposal item. Your comparison isn't equivalent.

Also, I read the comment more in the sense of the history of the pricing of games, since the price hasn't changed in roughly three decades.

Checking out the screenshots and reading about this game, I can totally see this being worth $60 if the amount of game play is there. The visuals look more than sufficient for that price range, but substance still needs to be there. 

Edited by DaivRules

19 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Here's a good video about the price of games: 

This game is probably more realistically priced because the AA games of today are similar to the AAA games 30 years ago. Just because AAA games are getting creative with how to get the extra money they need to be profitable doesn't mean we should shun games that are being more transparent with their price. I bet this game could have sold for $30 dollars, but then they would possibly have added additional loot boxes or DLCs to try and make up that difference.

We don't demand newspapers to be on the cutting edge each year with no price increase. If we don't want to pay more for games, why should we demand they get better each year?

Well, the costs of obtaining the news certainly goes up with the times, so realistically we should expect the cost of the paper to go up, too. 

But the example isn't important and probably isn't that good anyway. 

If you compare this game to other AAA games, it falls well short. And there is dlc already. Obviously cut content. 

Just got the platinum. This game is a hot mess. Boring game. They basically made a 30 minute game and extended that to a 9 hour boring and repetitive story. I'm returning this garbage back. never again am I going to give my money for an Iron Galaxy game. I raged so much on stream people were enjoying it, but damn i want my 9 hours back for the story....

Don't buy this people, unless you love this kind of shit!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2018 at 7:41 PM, yowzagabowza said:

This game looked kinda interesting when I first saw it a while ago, but it surely doesn't look like a AAA priced game. I know graphics don't make a game, but there's a certain expectation when you charge a premium price. 

Anyway, trophies look fine, may be a bit tedious, but I'll have to wait a while for this to drop down to a more realistic price. 

Well, guess what, its dropped to 23$ for deluxe edition at amazon if you still want it...

AMAZON.com

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2018-04-17 at 2:06 AM, rubhen925 said:

Just got the platinum. This game is a hot mess. Boring game. They basically made a 30 minute game and extended that to a 9 hour boring and repetitive story. I'm returning this garbage back. never again am I going to give my money for an Iron Galaxy game. I raged so much on stream people were enjoying it, but damn i want my 9 hours back for the story....

Don't buy this people, unless you love this kind of shit!

Just bought the physical deluxe version for $10, how long to get platinum?

• 6 months later...