Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

I forgot you couldn't instantly skip all the scenes like in Z, you can skip the 3D scenes in a couple seconds, but the normal ones still have to be semi-watched... that's probably going to add a couple hours to each playthrough. ? & the tutorials... why must I do them every time?! crying3 onion head

Oh, & I was going to suggest we try & lure @kuuhaku here because I remember he started Mugen Souls a while back (even though he's not really on the site anymore), but it looks like he already finished it back in January. :blink: 

43 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I forgot you couldn't instantly skip all the scenes like in Z, you can skip the 3D scenes in a couple seconds, but the normal ones still have to be semi-watched... that's probably going to add a couple hours to each playthrough. 1f613.png & the tutorials... why must I do them every time?!

It slows things down, but you can still LOLstomp the entire game and most of the postgame in six hours or less.  Assuming you can simply Moe Charm the big crystal (or the boss) in every fight lickety-split, that part of the game goes very quickly.  It's simply a matter of knowing the minimalist path to get through the game and being powerful enough to Charm your way through the postgame fights for the Shampuru.  And until you can do that last, I'd advise not worrying about repeatedly running NG+ because it's best used to farm the highest-level Shampuru and not nearly as efficient if you can't get the 5x Shampuru from each battle.

I don't know that your Charm percentages as listed a handful of posts above are high enough to make that work just yet.  If they aren't, I'd suggest working on your Shampuru farming for what you can quickly and efficiently get in large numbers that you don't yet have and put off repeated NG+ runs for later.  You pretty much have to max out every last category of Shampuru at 9999 for Overwhelming Peon Ball Go!, anyhow, so you might as well work towards that while building up your Charm percentages and get what can be done out of the way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, acasser said:

It slows things down, but you can still LOLstomp the entire game and most of the postgame in six hours or less.  Assuming you can simply Moe Charm the big crystal (or the boss) in every fight lickety-split, that part of the game goes very quickly.  It's simply a matter of knowing the minimalist path to get through the game and being powerful enough to Charm your way through the postgame fights for the Shampuru.  And until you can do that last, I'd advise not worrying about repeatedly running NG+ because it's best used to farm the highest-level Shampuru and not nearly as efficient if you can't get the 5x Shampuru from each battle.

I don't know that your Charm percentages as listed a handful of posts above are high enough to make that work just yet.  If they aren't, I'd suggest working on your Shampuru farming for what you can quickly and efficiently get in large numbers that you don't yet have and put off repeated NG+ runs for later.  You pretty much have to max out every last category of Shampuru at 9999 for Overwhelming Peon Ball Go!, anyhow, so you might as well work towards that while building up your Charm percentages and get what can be done out of the way.

Most of my charm levels are at 20% already (a few are still at 17%), but yeah, I wasn't planing on doing the multi runs till they got a bit higher. For now I'm just focusing on getting to the true end post-game, then I'll get what I can there. I did manage to Peon the large crystal for the last 2 boss fights at the end of my first run, it just took 3-4 turns to do so. :hmm: 

Update: I'm only at Water World (Ch.5) & I can already tell my Moe Kill is losing it's effect, so yeah, it'll definitely have to be higher for later runs...

Edited by Masamune

1 hour ago, acasser said:

My charm levels are around 14 - 15% right now. Haven't been able to peon the crystals yet.

8 hours ago, Masamune said:

If you have trouble charming crystals, there are some Moe Kill charts around that can help increase your chances. The main one you'll probably find is over at Gamefaqs, however some people have trouble understanding it (I know I did). :P But here's the original that it was based off of, I don't know who made it in the first place, but I found it easier to use:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tc9RuSP7A3kQ9OuS7vIQrUmh_iAAoJ1JytvYcEBaXx0/edit

& if you don't want to scroll up & down looking through the list all the time, I made an image using it so you can see it all on one screen (I did the same thing last time I played Mugen Souls, I even made it my desktop background for a while so I wouldn't have to keep opening it). xD

Nice, added a link to the spreadsheet and the image to the OP.

Using the image as the desktop background is a neat idea.

14 hours ago, Masamune said:

I forgot you couldn't instantly skip all the scenes like in Z, you can skip the 3D scenes in a couple seconds, but the normal ones still have to be semi-watched... that's probably going to add a couple hours to each playthrough. 1f613.png & the tutorials... why must I do them every time?! crying3 onion head

Oh, & I was going to suggest we try & lure @kuuhaku here because I remember he started Mugen Souls a while back (even though he's not really on the site anymore), but it looks like he already finished it back in January. :blink: 

That sucks, unskippable cutscenes and credits are terrible :jaymon: . Killzone Mercenary traumatized me with that by having to replay a chapter 55 times and playing through the game 4 times.

Nice, @kuuhaku since you already completed Mugen Souls, you're eligible for a trophy.

14 hours ago, acasser said:

Added a link to this in the OP.

3 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Going to take a Nep-Nep break next week to hopefully plat Megadimension Neptunia VII R in 2-3 days then hop back on the crazy train to Mugen Souls plat.

You'd have to be a true masochist to play this game from beginning-to-plat without taking a break. ? I'll probably at least try to make it to the end of the post-game & then start something else to give me a brake... maybe Criminal Girls 2? :hmm: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Masamune said:

You'd have to be a true masochist to play this game from beginning-to-plat without taking a break. 1f605.png I'll probably at least try to make it to the end of the post-game & then start something else to give me a brake... maybe Criminal Girls 2? :hmm: 

Seems to me a true masochist is someone who would plat Mugen Souls twice :hmm: .

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Seems to me a true masochist is someone who would plat Mugen Souls twice :hmm: .

Well I did take over a year to do it the first time. xD 

Also, I've had 4 freezes now... well not really freezes, but more like infinite loading screens. ? It's got me scared whenever that "Now Loading" icon pops up now... just hope it doesn't come up right before you clear a battle, because that's usually a sign it's about to happen (& I don't think there's anything you can do to stop it). ?

22 hours ago, Masamune said:

You'd have to be a true masochist to play this game from beginning-to-plat without taking a break. 1f605.png I'll probably at least try to make it to the end of the post-game & then start something else to give me a brake... maybe Criminal Girls 2? :hmm: 

I honestly could if I wanted to.

Edit:

2nd true end run completed and item killed all the doupplegangers and sun goddess.

My charm stats are:

Ego: 40%

Sadist: 37%

Tsundere: 37%

Ditz:  36%

Terse: 37%

Hyper: 40%

Graceful: 36%

Masochist: 36%

Yes I lifted the color scheme, it was too cool not to :awesome: 

Also just earned Job Master. One less thing to work towards.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

Damn, I thought I was about to get the 999 hits trophy (& a ton of G) for a second there. ? I hit an enemy into a fever time orb, & when he was done bouncing around he landed on another enemy & bounced back into the orb... however it only happened once (only got like 200 hits). ?

I also caved & bought a G Up pack (#4) for $3 since I had a few bucks left over from that $10 I got from Sony Rewards, that gave me 500,000 G Up. xD So I should have plenty for whatever I need now. :P Imo the G Up pack is really the only thing worth buying in terms of DLC, G & Mugen Points can be gotten easy enough, but G Up can be a little annoying (especially if the game freezes in the middle of your run). ?

20 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Thief! :shakefist: 

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

I'm half way through the post game bosses, I should be plenty strong enough to get through most (if not all) of the others now. ^_^ All I used to take out (peon) the first group was a maxed Overwhelming Crown (that had my stats around the 4.5M-5M range), & I made sure to steal their normal items so the rare ones would drop (special accessories). After that I upgraded/changed the accessories I got for some good matter (mainly looking for "Self-Defense"), now my starts are in the 7.7M-8.5M area, which should be good until I get some ultimate armor. :yay: 

@Dragon-Archon Oh, & I found another useful spreadsheet that you may want to add to the OP, it lists all the equipment & the matter they can be changed into:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gp62wHYlAIM9zVSggFKCQAryusG0UjAn8ZPvaJYWxXg/edit#gid=17

• Like 1

On 9-5-2018 at 3:42 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Edit:

2nd true end run completed and item killed all the doupplegangers and sun goddess.

My charm stats are:

Ego: 40%

Sadist: 37%

Tsundere: 37%

Ditz:  36%

Terse: 37%

Hyper: 40%

Graceful: 36%

Masochist: 36%

Also just earned Job Master. One less thing to work towards.

Nice, congrats :yay: . 

I agree, that colour scheme looks great.

6 hours ago, Masamune said:

I'm half way through the post game bosses, I should be plenty strong enough to get through most (if not all) of the others now. ^_^ All I used to take out (peon) the first group was a maxed Overwhelming Crown (that had my stats around the 4.5M-5M range), & I made sure to steal their normal items so the rare ones would drop (special accessories). After that I upgraded/changed the accessories I got for some good matter (mainly looking for "Self-Defense"), now my starts are in the 7.7M-8.5M area, which should be good until I get some ultimate armor. :yay: 

@Dragon-Archon Oh, & I found another useful spreadsheet that you may want to add to the OP, it lists all the equipment & the matter they can be changed into:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gp62wHYlAIM9zVSggFKCQAryusG0UjAn8ZPvaJYWxXg/edit#gid=17

Nice, added it to the OP. Good luck with the post-game content.

• Like 1

Guess what? Found another spreadsheet for Mugen Souls! :awesome: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14WqZbRIOrYUyVESVNU2pjiSvdRrn9VmCNy6DDIQ58c4/edit#gid=11 The main thing I was using that for was to look-up Innate Skills, but it also has a monster list with their shampurus/drops/etc, & a couple other things. :P Gotta give credit to the people who put these things together, they're a big help. ^_^ 

You can't say I don't research things when playing games, if I type "mugen" into my history, it comes up with nearly 400 results. ?

• Like 2

Just a heads up: my computer crashed this weekend, so it might be a while before I'll be able to create some trophies again. Please bear with me until it's fixed.

What's new with all of you?

On ‎11‎-‎5‎-‎2018 at 9:05 PM, Masamune said:

Guess what? Found another spreadsheet for Mugen Souls! :awesome: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14WqZbRIOrYUyVESVNU2pjiSvdRrn9VmCNy6DDIQ58c4/edit#gid=11 The main thing I was using that for was to look-up Innate Skills, but it also has a monster list with their shampurus/drops/etc, & a couple other things. :P Gotta give credit to the people who put these things together, they're a big help. ^_^ 

You can't say I don't research things when playing games, if I type "mugen" into my history, it comes up with nearly 400 results. 1f605.png

Nice, added it to the OP. 400 results :blink:!? Yep you're definitely very thorough with researching games.

• Like 1

Had to take an emergency break yesterday to get the hitman absolution online trophies completed before the servers shut down. They say it should be temporary but I'm not taking chances.

I started my 4th true end run and have a few things over 50% charm.

7 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Had to take an emergency break yesterday to get the hitman absolution online trophies completed before the servers shut down. They say it should be temporary but I'm not taking chances.

I started my 4th true end run and have a few things over 50% charm.

Oh yeah, I heard about that. Smart thinking, I wouldn't take any chances either.

Nice work with the charm progress.

• Like 1