Persona meets Disgaea

This is a fun little game, in fact more fun than I was expecting

I only decided to buy this on Switch (plan to get on PS4) whrn I discovered u can skip battles.... legitimately 

Once.I got into it, I found out it had some of the Persona sim elements whiich I enjoy

U havr a calendar, time is a big resource, deadlines, confidant levels (personal bonds here), fishing, text adventures that have multiple choice plus other sim features

The battle system isnt the main feature of this game, as said earlier, u can even skip it and still get full battle rewards! 

The game isnt very polished, but is a fun game, im skipping battles and still enjoying it

Note on Platinum:

There are missables that would require a 2nd playthrough unless u save reload strategically. Then it all depends on time management as in Persona

As for time and difficulty, well difficulty is up to u, can be very hard or very easy depending how u approach it. 

Time, although howlongtobeat.com is incorrect with the times, I feel at a minimum, it could perhaps be platted in 5 hours with a wallthrough

Howlongtobeat.com has the Main Story at 27hours for a rushed approach. Its completely wrong because at a minimum for a rushed approach, u would skip battles making the 'main story' abt 3 hours long if rushing

Skipping battles is a genuine option 

However, if u dont skip battles and dont alter any modifiers, that 5 hours can easily become 30 or 50 depending on whether u choose Normal or Nightmare

Basically, platinum can at a minimum be 1/10 in 5hours if following a guide or perhaps a 6/10 in abt 40hours and not following a guide

Its a fun game and allows u to approach how u wish and definitely worth a look

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info! :)

I had been looking into this game and going back and forth on whether or not to buy it, as it looked like it might be either really cute and fun or really boring.  After reading what you have to say, I think I'll purchase it after all! :D  So thanks again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I remember seeing this game. It's good? I'm usually not a fan of games which are trivialized by a guide, but difficult without, because it suggests that there are a lot of missable things.

The game isnt difficult by default, that all depends on how u wish to play

Potentially almost every Trophy is missable due to the time sensitive nature but the time is very generous here

Id say most are lightly missable, a dozen are mildly miserable, and half a dozen heavily kissable 

U would need a guide at some point, the only trophies which would be difficult are the heavily missable ones. Because they are due to certain options during text parts, and it would be difficult to work out

Since a playthrough can be done quick (ignore Howlongtobeat.com), its not too much of a problem

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Thanks for the info! :)

I had been looking into this game and going back and forth on whether or not to buy it, as it looked like it might be either really cute and fun or really boring.  After reading what you have to say, I think I'll purchase it after all! :D  So thanks again!

2 hours ago, happybivouac said:

Very interesting way of describing it. Certainly got me interested now.

Its a fun game guys if u like the Persona sim aspects and the Disgaea battle system (battle can be skipped tho if ur not keen on it like myself) 

Like I say, its not very polished though so dont expect a fault free game, but its good enough to enjoy ;)

11 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

It is good, im one trophy away from the plat but its glitched on me, but after messaging the pubs/devs this week its getting patched hopefully before this weekend.

What glitched on u bud?? 

Ive had Miri glitch on me so I cant get her Trophy now

Im planning a few more playthroughs anyway so not bothered too much but Im going to be weary of anything regarding her now

Looking at steam, they appeared pretty active with fixing bugs so thats good, but some of them still appear present

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

The game isnt difficult by default, that all depends on how u wish to play

Potentially almost every Trophy is missable due to the time sensitive nature but the time is very generous here

Id say most are lightly missable, a dozen are mildly missable, and half a dozen heavily kissable 

U would need a guide at some point, the only trophies which would be difficult are the heavily missable ones. Because they are due to certain options during text parts, and it would be difficult to work out

Since a playthrough can be done quick (ignore Howlongtobeat.com), its not too much of a problem

Its a fun game guys if u like the Persona sim aspects and the Disgaea battle system (battle can be skipped tho if ur not keen on it like myself) 

Like I say, its not very polished though so dont expect a fault free game, but its good enough to enjoy ;)

What glitched on u bud?? 

Ive had Miri glitch on me so I cant get her Trophy now

Im planning a few more playthroughs anyway so not bothered too much but Im going to be weary of anything regarding her now

Looking at steam, they appeared pretty active with fixing bugs so thats good, but some of them still appear present

Bonding with Esther glitched on me, at a certain point she asks you to give her 2000 gold. You give her the money (its even removed from your inventory) but she gets stuck in the same conversation loop asking for the money. I have 8000+ gold currently and she still says the same thing. Some ppl have got lucky and earned the trophy, even got the plat. This was also the same bug that appeared on the Steam version last year. Just a waiting game for me now til they fix it.

1 hour ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Bonding with Esther glitched on me, at a certain point she asks you to give her 2000 gold. You give her the money (its even removed from your inventory) but she gets stuck in the same conversation loop asking for the money. I have 8000+ gold currently and she still says the same thing. Some ppl have got lucky and earned the trophy, even got the plat. This was also the same bug that appeared on the Steam version last year. Just a waiting game for me now til they fix it.

I'd read abt that one, but I messed up on Diplomatic events so will be doing her bond on next NG

So Miri and Esther can glitch

What I was reading Steam is a previous cause off the Miri glitch was restarting one of her Quest battles the Developers said

And a lot of the other bugs seemed to have had similar causes; related to actions rather than RNG

Referring to Steam still, the Devs were quite active in sorting and helping with bugs. But....unsure whether same cause, glitches were/are still occurring, evidence is all there on Steam boards

Point im getting at, is im not 100% certain everything will be ironed out, but dont let that put u off the game

For now, due to most the causes appearing to be related to certain actions, the 2 glitchy Bonds we know off Miri/Esther, may be best being left untouched until postgame. Then postgame u do Miri all at once, then Esther all at once, keeping other actions to a minimum. But while u do them,  try to be as fluent as possible i.e. no battle restarts, dont talk to any1 else, no save reloads etc

Maybe wont help, but as I say, all glitches seem to be related to actions, so maybe good idea to keep actions to a minimum

And each bond could perhaps be done in 20mins if u rush it

EDIT

Look here for example

https://steamcommunity.com/app/464150/discussions/1/1291816880499998001/

A few report a bug, Devs say they are aware, they say they patched it, but then glitch is still occurring

Im thinking that its best to just focus on one bond at a time and hope that helps

Edited by optimusmart

39 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I'd read abt that one, but I messed up on Diplomatic events so will be doing her bond on next NG

So Miri and Esther can glitch

What I was reading Steam is a previous cause off the Miri glitch was restarting one of her Quest battles the Developers said

And a lot of the other bugs seemed to have had similar causes; related to actions rather than RNG

Referring to Steam still, the Devs were quite active in sorting and helping with bugs. But....unsure whether same cause, glitches were/are still occurring, evidence is all there on Steam boards

Point im getting at, is im not 100% certain everything will be ironed out, but dont let that put u off the game

For now, due to most the causes appearing to be related to certain actions, the 2 glitchy Bonds we know off Miri/Esther, may be best being left untouched until postgame. Then postgame u do Miri all at once, then Esther all at once, keeping other actions to a minimum. But while u do them,  try to be as fluent as possible i.e. no battle restarts, dont talk to any1 else, no save reloads etc

Maybe wont help, but as I say, all glitches seem to be related to actions, so maybe good idea to keep actions to a minimum

And each bond could perhaps be done in 20mins if u rush it

EDIT

Look here for example

https://steamcommunity.com/app/464150/discussions/1/1291816880499998001/

A few report a bug, Devs say they are aware, they say they patched it, but then glitch is still occurring

Im thinking that its best to just focus on one bond at a time and hope that helps

I was on my 2nd playthrough coz i missed Esthers and Mifunes bonds due to picking the other way on the diplomatic missions so i was speedrunning it to get the ones i missed, which also included the trophies for the trial in chapter 4. Im hoping that when the patch kicks in i dont have to start another playthrough, and it just triggers the proper conversation.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you were playing it on switch, apparantly the switch version has more bugs occuring than the PS4/X1 versions.

Edited by BEANO_BRFC

19 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

I was on my 2nd playthrough coz i missed Esthers and Mifunes bonds due to picking the other way on the diplomatic missions so i was speedrunning it to get the ones i missed, which also included the trophies for the trial in chapter 4. Im hoping that when the patch kicks in i dont have to start another playthrough, and it just triggers the proper conversation.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you were playing it on switch, apparantly the switch version has more bugs occuring than the PS4/X1 versions.

Hopefully bud

Switch version is quite bad, 20sec loading screens and each button command has a input lag off a second, not very optimised at all

As for the glitches, I think they will be on all versions. The original on Steam, a year old, has all the same bugs we are encountering (except for Switch version performance) 

Problem is they dont appear very good at removing bugs. So many threads on Steam, a few report a bug, Devs take note, Devs report it is now patched, bugs persist....but no more from Devs

Its like their A team made the game, while the B team are optimising it/removing bugs ;n)