Orbs at 99%?

Going through the orbs collection chapter by chapter, and got Chapter 3 at 99% at the moment. I've heard there's a 'glitchy' orb in chapter 9, and I've already got the 'glitchy' orb in this particular chapter, so is there a problem with the game registering the orbs to make it 100%? Wish they would have made this orb system a bit different. 

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Hmm, try reinstalling the game and check for that orb again. 

Yes, that glitch is certainly a pain. 

I'm not sure but I think there are two orbs glitch. 

Thanks a lot for the info, I will definitely try to reinstall the game and see if that helps.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

After thinking that chapter 9 was glitched because i played it 5 times and it was stuck on 99%, I gave it one more try and boom, there was an orb very well hidden! I used an orb guide all these times but every time i missed that one orb. So my advise is to play the chapter slowly until you find every orb. You never know if you missed anything.

• 1 year later...

I have the Premium Edition of this game that I bought last year when I thought the PS3 stores were going to close.

Replayed Chapter 3 nearly a dozen times because I thought I encountered that orb glitch that happens when you try to get that one orb that is behind the concrete barrier that Trip crawls under.... just after the Gun Mechs. Apparently I must of gotten that orb when I was hugging the wall on my first run because the one missing orb I had left was actually in the area with the Gun Mechs, where you command Trip to Distract. Finished the Chapter and got my 100%.

Chapter 5 has the biggest open area for orbs which can be a royal pain in the ass. One missing orb was on the 'Brooklyn Bridge' when you're extensively moving forward.

Chapter 9 is probably the most troublesome not only because of that one glitched orb that the user above commented on but also because of the Dog chase. It's virtually impossible to get all the orbs and get that trophy for chasing the dog since it moves far too fast on Hard difficulty. So you definitely have to do a second run of this chapter and pick a different path for the orbs during the Dog chase.

Other than this, I've had no issues so far. Some of the orbs are very well hidden and the camera does a good job in hiding a number of them so a YouTube video guide is pretty much necessary to get them all. I can't thank that Jeff1984 dude enough, because many people wouldn't of gotten all the orbs otherwise.

• 2 months later...