99%

UlvenFenrir

Someone didn't pay attention in math class :P

The easiest way to figure it out is to take .01*total number of trophies possible on your profile. As of now for you the magic number would be around 113 unearned trophies (if you decide to just focus on your backlog).

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, the completion shown in the profile page (not stats tab) is calculating using the trophy points (bronze = 15, Silver = 30, Gold = 90), but the platinum points don't count, and 0% (F) games don't count.

So, you would need to calculate the amount of points you have excluding the platinum (just check your total points in the stats tab and subtract 180*number of platinums that you have) and the total possible points excluding the platinums for your profile.

So it may take a bit to get that 2nd number.

If going for completion based on earned/unearned trophies is simple.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Starrk_01 said:

Someone didn't pay attention in math class :P

You didn't? Because this

5 minutes ago, Starrk_01 said:

The easiest way to figure it out is to take .01*total number of trophies possible on your profile. As of now for you the magic number would be around 113 unearned trophies (if you decide to just focus on your backlog).

is not how completion percentage works.

UlvenFenrir has earned 10864 out of his possible 10864+466=11330 trophies with 96,11% completion

10864 / 11330 * 100% = 95,89% =/= 96,11%

@Han_the_Dragon is correct. Completion percentage is calculated using trophy points. As far as I know there's no way to quickly/easily check how many unearned trophies you'd need to unlock to hit 99% unfortunately.

• Like 3

You currently have 10864 out of a possible 11330 trophies. While not an exact translation, that puts you at 95.9% trophy earned completion. (PSNP calculates completion slightly differently, but it is a very close approximation once you get up into the thousands of trophies)

To get to 99%, you would need to have ~11220 trophies. So you need to earn about 350 of your unearned trophies.

Edit - the above 2 posters are correct. The exact calculation is based on the number or trophy points you have out of the total trophy points possible. Still, once you get beyond several thousand trophies, the difference in calculation relevance starts to become very small. In your case, the different calculation methods amount to a 0.2% difference. Again, using a rough estimation, 350 out of the 466 unearned trophies should get you to, or very close to, 99%

Another way of looking at it, for every 10000 trophies you earn, you can have ~100 unearned trophies and still be at 99%, and for every 1000, you can have ~10 unearned trophies. So, as your profile is roughly 11000 trophies, you could have about 110 unearned trophies and still be 99%

You could also earn 30000 more trophies from new games (missing none), and that should also bring you to 99% ?

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

You didn't? Because this

is not how completion percentage works.

UlvenFenrir has earned 10864 out of his possible 10864+466=11330 trophies with 96,11% completion

10864 / 11330 * 100% = 95,89% =/= 96,11%

@Han_the_Dragon is correct. Completion percentage is calculated using trophy points. As far as I know there's no way to quickly/easily check how many unearned trophies you'd need to unlock to hit 99% unfortunately.

Clearly I didn't know the % was based by the points not the number of trophies. I was just misinformed.

30 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'll be happy with just 95 percent overall completion.

''just''? I'm already happy with my +/- 50% :lol:.

1 minute ago, Starrk_01 said:

Clearly I didn't know the % was based by the points not the number of trophies. I was just misinformed.

Lol, I figured. I was just joking around with you :P.