How long?

Yuukiyun

Hate to ask such simple questions, but Google search is giving me a such wide variety of answers that I don't know which to take.

So I'll be as specific as possible:

How long does it take to beat this game (without any prior knowledge or experience) from beginning to end? Not 100% or all trophies. Just beating the game normally.

Do I even have a chance to complete it before the remastered version comes out, without having to play many hours each day?

Once again, sorry to ask. If it's not the right place, just remove it.

HLTB is a good site. I think 48 hours sounds about right for a new player. It really depends on your build, whether or not you're using a walkthrough, and if you're relying on summons. But since DS is best played without any help (in my opinion), I wouldn't be surprised if it took 60+ hours.

My suggestion is not to rush it. This is not an easy game.

19 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

HLTB is a good site. I think 48 hours sounds about right for a new player. It really depends on your build, whether or not you're using a walkthrough, and if you're relying on summons. But since DS is best played without any help (in my opinion), I wouldn't be surprised if it took 60+ hours.

My suggestion is not to rush it. This is not an easy game.

There are much more difficult games out there.

The reason Dark Souls and the entirety of the Souls series has so many people completing them is because it has a huge following.

Plenty of people out there have done several playthroughs with one character.

There's a dude on Youtube who posted videos of him killing bosses with just fists in NG+7. That is quite an accomplishment if I ever seen one.

Lots of Dark Souls veterans, but the game itself is by no means easy.