Platinum walkthrough / speedrun 20hrs

optimusmart

Im a bit sick of writing guides at the mo so I pulled out this from my backlog

Im really enjoying it and so want to do a guide for this, but the writing prospect doesnt exactly motivate me as it is so time consuming, so........ 

I think I may make it in video format, and just have important info written below the vids referencing it, will be so much quicker to do (may do this with in-progress guides depending how quick it makes it) 

Anyway, onto business, this is currently top of my list in doing as I am playing the game at the mo. I will be experienced so guide will be 15hrs approx, but beginner time will be nearer 20hra

After careful consideration now I have done a no upgrades Nightmare and almost Classic, which no upgrades Nightmare hardly prepared for; i decided on the following route to Platinum being the easiest and perhaps quickest for a beginner-

1. Casual no upgrades. Don't worry about collecting anything, main goal is to mirror Classic route
2. Classic, collecting minimal, just enough to get by, dont open lockers
3. NG+ Casual with inf. Ammo, 100% playthrough.
4. NG++ quick speed clean-up

I know some want to start on Nightmare, but for general audience, I feel the above route to be more comfortable and allows breathing space. I know its a additonal playthrough, but the game can be rushed in 3hrs. I think this route may actually be quicker generally though

Keep your eyes peeled, I now need to findout if the site would welcome a guide by this means... 

EDIT: 4.7.18

The guide is nearing completion, 1st playthrough is done, 2nd playthrough is half done, then I jus need to do checklist for 3rd collectible playthrough. Be up very soon

EDIT 9.7.18

Getting there, but seems to be taking a little longer than expected to finish. 1st and 2nd playthrough are done, just need to add some small points to beginning of those. Have started on 3rd which I didnt think would take longer, but im having to go into a bit more detail than I thought.

So just got intro to write up, 3rd playthrough to write up, and some points before each playthrough to add, shouldnt be long, sorry for delay ;)

EDIT 15/7/18

Phew.... Guide has just been submitted,fingers crossed it's not picked up on anything and if it hopefully nothing too big. I know it's a week late, but I went as fast as I could

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 3

Curious how the guide ends up as I was an absolute trash beginner with this game and did the following route

- Nightmare + all collectables

- Classic

- Speedrun with Overpowered bracers to maxout all my stats/weapons etc

Doing a casual no upgrade run first seems a bit overkill

10 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Curious how the guide ends up as I was an absolute trash beginner with this game and did the following route

- Nightmare + all collectables

- Classic

- Speedrun with Overpowered bracers to maxout all my stats/weapons etc

Doing a casual no upgrade run first seems a bit overkill

100% nightmare on very first time is overkill. Nightmare is harder than classic except the limited saves

Casual with no upgrades is simple when the route is known and the plan is to mirror the classic route providing perhaps better prep than the nightmare run

Ive also got a few ideas in my head, that if they pan out, may allow enough highgrade parts and red gel to be acquired in one playthrough

I'll be watching your career with great interest! 

(Seriously I have evil within and have never started it and this could give me a reason to start it lol) nvm I'm stupid thought this was evil within 1 for some reason it's 4AM here forgive me lol

Edited by The High Ground
Sleepy, I blame dark side

On 24/05/2018 at 0:52 PM, Meachamp- said:

Go for it dude, your guides are awesome and easy to follow so whatever you do will be spot on in my opinion.

Looking forward to the end results.

Thanks bud

Im just finished all my experimenting so goimg to record a Platinum run when I get on next. Then its just uploading and adding some text. 

I went with this while experimenting, 8 playthroughs total with a few extra incomplete runs as well;

Nightmare upgrades 100%

Casual upgrades 100%

Nightmare no upgrades any %

Casual no upgrades any %

Classic no keys no crates/draws any %

Casual 100% NG+

Casual any % no upgrades autoaim off

Classic fresh run again

I am now at a point where I can advise exactly what to collect and where, who to kill and when, how to kill, exactly how much ammo is required etc

The TG advises u on 2.85 playthroughs, my method will advise on 3.4. Half a playthrough more, but will be easier and quicker...... I hope at least

Im very excited to get this out to see how easier a video guide is and to see how this alternate platinum route will go down

15-20hr would be a comfortable platinum time for beginners using such a route, should they want to. With the experience I have now, I think i could plat in about 12-14hrs, 20hrs is fine for newbies.

Only problem is some moments in classic, mainly firewalk, its the only bit that really requires some skill

I was a bit wrong with NG+ bonuses, i thought it was 3 x gel and weapon parts. Its actually 3 x gel and 10 x weapon parts. Also, this applies to lockers and shooting range. Basically 100% a fresh game is a huge timesink

As a minimum, a reader would be looking at this, give or take:

1st playthrough 4hrs

2nd playthrough 5hr

3rd playthrough 4hrs

4th 1/3 playthrough 1.5hrs.

• Like 1

On 1.6.2018 at 10:49 AM, optimusmart said:

Thanks bud

Im just finished all my experimenting so goimg to record a Platinum run when I get on next. Then its just uploading and adding some text. 

I went with this while experimenting, 8 playthroughs total with a few extra incomplete runs as well;

Nightmare upgrades 100%

Casual upgrades 100%

Nightmare no upgrades any %

Casual no upgrades any %

Classic no keys no crates/draws any %

Casual 100% NG+

Casual any % no upgrades autoaim off

Classic fresh run again

I am now at a point where I can advise exactly what to collect and where, who to kill and when, how to kill, exactly how much ammo is required etc

The TG advises u on 2.85 playthroughs, my method will advise on 3.4. Half a playthrough more, but will be easier and quicker...... I hope at least

Im very excited to get this out to see how easier a video guide is and to see how this alternate platinum route will go down

15-20hr would be a comfortable platinum time for beginners using such a route, should they want to. With the experience I have now, I think i could plat in about 12-14hrs, 20hrs is fine for newbies.

Only problem is some moments in classic, mainly firewalk, its the only bit that really requires some skill

I was a bit wrong with NG+ bonuses, i thought it was 3 x gel and weapon parts. Its actually 3 x gel and 10 x weapon parts. Also, this applies to lockers and shooting range. Basically 100% a fresh game is a huge timesink

As a minimum, a reader would be looking at this, give or take:

1st playthrough 4hrs

2nd playthrough 5hr

3rd playthrough 4hrs

4th 1/3 playthrough 1.5hrs.

any news for the video mate?

keep it up!

On 5/24/2018 at 8:51 AM, optimusmart said:

Im a bit sick of writing guides at the mo so I pulled out this from my backlog

Im really enjoying it and so want to do a guide for this, but the writing prospect doesnt exactly motivate me as it is so time consuming, so........ 

I think I may make it in video format, and just have important info written below the vids referencing it, will be so much quicker to do (may do this with in-progress guides depending how quick it makes it) 

Anyway, onto business, this is currently top of my list in doing as I am playing the game at the mo. I will be experienced so guide will be 15hrs approx, but beginner time will be nearer 20hra

After careful consideration now I have done a no upgrades Nightmare and almost Classic, which no upgrades Nightmare hardly prepared for; i decided on the following route to Platinum being the easiest and perhaps quickest for a beginner-

1. Casual no upgrades. Don't worry about collecting anything, main goal is to mirror Classic route
2. Classic, collecting minimal, just enough to get by, dont open lockers
3. NG+ Casual with inf. Ammo, 100% playthrough.
4. NG++ quick speed clean-up

I know some want to start on Nightmare, but for general audience, I feel the above route to be more comfortable and allows breathing space. I know its a additonal playthrough, but the game can be rushed in 3hrs. I think this route may actually be quicker generally though

Keep your eyes peeled, I now need to findout if the site would welcome a guide by this means... 

I swear this is deja-vu but couldve sworn you said the exact same thing for alien isolation? Your threads are mis-leading if youre just gonna abandon them.

On 2018-05-24 at 9:22 AM, optimusmart said:

100% nightmare on very first time is overkill. Nightmare is harder than classic except the limited saves

Nightmare is harder then Classic? I thought they were the same except Classic has limited saves.

5 hours ago, nw821993 said:

any news for the video mate?

keep it up!

Im going to start recording some ober the next few days

5 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I swear this is deja-vu but couldve sworn you said the exact same thing for alien isolation? Your threads are mis-leading if youre just gonna abandon them.

Ive said it for a few games, nothings misleading, I have a few im working on. I do all the trial and error myself, so I can get bored, I tend to switch between a few to keep the interest going

This Video/text route im going with TW2, hopefully will allow me to get them done quicker. If the experience is simple, then I have been thinking about doing the same with AI next, as that is only 1 playthrough and should be quick to do

Theres is game, AI and Dragons Dogma that im regularly switching between right now. With TW2 though, im ready to start recording, then its just adding the text in a walkthrough

I started the DD a few weeks back, but had been taking a lot of time due toap. Editing. Hopefully this text/video route will allow me to return to that soon and get it done quick

These are not Trophy Guides, written Platinum Walkthroughs for big games can get real time consuming, especially when everything is your own work

With the AI though, didnt I say I was going to come back to it later... 

4 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Nightmare is harder then Classic? I thought they were the same except Classic has limited saves.

Some of the enemies in Nightmate habe much more health

So really Classic is easier, but its the limited saves that make Classic hard

This is  reason why I dont like the start on Nightmare route, its just too much to begin with

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

Guide is all recorded guys, 45 parts, divided by Chapters or saves on Classic. Total of 3 playthroughs plus 6 Chapters, the 100% is the longest at 4:45, the 1st playthrough is 3:40 and 2nd Classic is 3:45. Last 6 chapters cleanup is at 1:00hr. Videos altogether come to about 15 hours, some Trophy notifications are shown, was done on a temporary user, but sometimes mistakes were made so I had to reload and repeat again, but the trophy had already popped

The vids are currently unlisted, I want to public them once guide is one here. I now have to add vids here, then add text to explain steps, so whenever I finish that, guide will be up. So hopefully not too long ;)

I think a experienced speedrunner could perhaps speedrun in about 12 hours if fully optimised without mistakes. But obviously for this guide, to keep things asy, i have had to prioritise that rather than speed in some instances. i believe I have provided easiest method for everything, but, some parts are STILL hard, probably about 3 or 4 difficult sections really

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update if any1 is interested;

Ive had the vids done for a while, just got to add the text. Done half of 1st playthrough text which will be longest anyway as the rest I dont need to be so specific

The update is that I plan to get this done and submitted over the weekend. If not, it should definitely be done by next weekend

here is a brief preview of the style of the route we are going for

• Like 1

6 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Just a quick update if any1 is interested;

Ive had the vids done for a while, just got to add the text. Done half of 1st playthrough text which will be longest anyway as the rest I dont need to be so specific

The update is that I plan to get this done and submitted over the weekend. If not, it should definitely be done by next weekend

here is a brief preview of the style of the route we are going for

Just noticed i used your step by step speedrun guide for Dark Souls 3! 

Will probably use this ones as soon as it is done. Even though im only missing the Classic/Weapon trophies.

3 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Just noticed i used your step by step speedrun guide for Dark Souls 3! 

Will probably use this ones as soon as it is done. Even though im only missing the Classic/Weapon trophies.

Should help u out buddy, I do my weapon trophies over classic and classic NG+ so should work out for you

I believe I have optimised it around the easiest/fastest route. Its still hard in places on Classic, but I have minimised the difficulty the best I can ;)

The videos total about 15hrs, u have two four runs, then the final.collectible run with inf ammo is a bit longer

Edited by optimusmart