Favorie Unreleased Pokemon (Gold Demo Leak)

Aexuz

Which of these Pokemon would you have liked to see in the final version of Gold / Silver?

Personally I would have liked to see the beta version of Entei and Raikou in the final version instead. I also like the beta fire started a lot. Maybe not that much to replace Cyndaquil but I would have liked to see him as a regular Pokemon in the game.

JXBgkiB.png

pokemon-gold-space-world-1997-with-typin

• Like 4

Some of these designs are pretty curious. Reminds me of the sprites for the Japanese version of the very first game, which had some pretty unusual sprites compared to the international release.

- 2nd row from the top, 16th from the left, looks pretty creepy from the back but I can't figure out if it is a bird or a fish xD

- 2nd row from the top, between 11th and 14th from the left, looks like a failed Tangela wanna-be xD

- 6th from the top, 13th from the left... so this is how a pre-evolution of Grimer would like, right? I think it is called Betobaby? They were really looking to add a lot of baby Pokemon back then.

- Politoed looks totally different from the final design. Same with Porygon 2.

- Para must be before Paras, right?

- Turban was probably before it was fused together with Slowking. interesting to see that it was considered as standalone Pokemon before.

- I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is Madame... funny name btw :hmm:

I'm gonna be the rain on everyone's parade and said that I'm glad we got Cyndaquil instead of that ugly fire-fear-thing. It looks kind of cool but I rather have Cyndaquil :P

Thanks for sharing this @Aexuz

• Like 1

I would've liked Honoguma instead of Cyndaquil, I never really liked any of the starters in Gen 2. And it's kind of a shame they didn't use Kurusu instead of the abomination that is Popplio. I think the old Sneasel looks a lot better too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Some of these designs are pretty curious. Reminds me of the sprites for the Japanese version of the very first game, which had some pretty unusual sprites compared to the international release.

- 2nd row from the top, 16th from the left, looks pretty creepy from the back but I can't figure out if it is a bird or a fish xD

- 2nd row from the top, between 11th and 14th from the left, looks like a failed Tangela wanna-be xD

- 6th from the top, 13th from the left... so this is how a pre-evolution of Grimer would like, right? I think it is called Betobaby? They were really looking to add a lot of baby Pokemon back then.

- Politoed looks totally different from the final design. Same with Porygon 2.

- Para must be before Paras, right?

- Turban was probably before it was fused together with Slowking. interesting to see that it was considered as standalone Pokemon before.

- I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is Madame... funny name btw :hmm:

I'm gonna be the rain on everyone's parade and said that I'm glad we got Cyndaquil instead of that ugly fire-fear-thing. It looks kind of cool but I rather have Cyndaquil :P

Thanks for sharing this @Aexuz

Madame was probably the Farfetch'd evolution we never had ?

When I first saw Monja I thought i was definitely pre Tangela but then another evolution showed up :hmm:

2 hours ago, Asvinia said:

I would've liked Honoguma instead of Cyndaquil, I never really liked any of the starters in Gen 2. And it's kind of a shame they didn't use Kurusu instead of the abomination that is Popplio. I think the old Sneasel looks a lot better too.

Kurusu instead of Popplio would have been nice. Can't really understand people that think Popplio is adorarble. I think is one of the worst pokemon ever made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

Madame was probably the Farfetch'd evolution we never had 1f631.png

When I first saw Monja I thought i was definitely pre Tangela but then another evolution showed up :hmm:

Now that you mention it, it does looks like an evolution of Farfetch'd.

What I find slightly creepy is Girafarig's orginal double-headed design and the fact that Twins looks like it might have been a even creepier pre-evolution of it. Someone at Nintendo must have shoot down that idea stating that they didn't want to scare children lmao xD

2 hours ago, Aexuz said:
4 hours ago, Asvinia said:

And it's kind of a shame they didn't use Kurusu instead of the abomination that is Popplio. I think the old Sneasel looks a lot better too.

Kurusu instead of Popplio would have been nice. Can't really understand people that think Popplio is adorarble. I think is one of the worst pokemon ever made.

Damn quoting of phone might make this look ugly.

But...but.....we get the beutiful Primarina :(

I think its a cute seal :(

• Like 1

Is it me or does Honoguma look like a fire Pikachu (not that it's a bad thing)? Also, Animon (evolution of Ditto) looks like a pink traffic cone with fangs. But what would an evolved Ditto even mean? Pretty much another Ditto but with better stats? I guess that's why they took it out. :P I'm also glad they stuck with the legendary dogs they have now, the old designs look awful imo, and I've been seeing people compare the Suicune design to this on Twitter:

And anyone who has seen Fullmetal Alchemist would know why this is distrubing!

Related image

On the bright side, I don't think they are all negative. Rinrin and Bellrun are both pretty awesome looking and Raitora looks like a badass. The baby ponyta looks adorable, and I find it mildly interesting that they were going to have Umbreon as a poison type instead of a dark type.