Anthem won’t have PvP at launch and will be always on

MidnightDragon

The executive producer of Anthem said the game will not have PvP, at least not at first. It’ll also be always on.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/09/anthem-will-not-have-pvp-at-launch-will-require-online-connection

The always on isn’t really a surprise.

Edited by Spyro

1 minute ago, ZireaelSan said:

Dont compare this to that travesty called destiny,

They are miles different.

Destiny is a mediocre series at best,

Anthem looks like it has the potential to be there for years. Do note on LOOKS LIKE.

Well, conceptually they seem pretty similar.  Especially as we learn more about Anthem.

As for Destiny being mediocre...

the-dude.jpg

10 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Well, conceptually they seem pretty similar.  Especially as we learn more about Anthem.

As for Destiny being mediocre...

the-dude.jpg

I played destiny 1 for the last 2 months,

Last month mainly with a bunch of people doing raids.

It felt so lacklustre, from gunplay to leveling to story.

Like the only kind of satisfaction i had from destiny 1 was doing the raids and they can only entertain me for so long till i'm done with their crap lol

11 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

I played destiny 1 for the last 2 months,

Last month mainly with a bunch of people doing raids.

It felt so lacklustre, from gunplay to leveling to story.

Like the only kind of satisfaction i had from destiny 1 was doing the raids and they can only entertain me for so long till i'm done with their crap lol

In the last year, I've played a lot of Destiny 2 and enjoyed it so much I actually went back to Destiny 1 and played that quite a bit as well (played them on the Xbox).  Honestly its one of the most satisfying shooters that I think I've played.  I'm not a big FPS guy but I've played a fair number of them.  I can't argue for or against the raids or the endgame, maybe the hardcore community of 24/7 players are fed up with it... but from the perspective of someone who plays maybe 5-7 hours a week with friends, it's a great game just for hanging out, doing some strikes, doing some crucible matches, trying to gear up just a little bit better every time I'm on.  Plenty of fun to be had.

Story is weak, sure... but shooters tend to have weak stories in general, and honestly these ones that weave multiplayer into every aspect of the game tend to be even worse.  I wouldn't expect a ton better from Anthem.  That said, if Anthem is just a better version of Destiny, with third person and jetpacks, I'm on board. ;)  The gameplay video looked cool.

Edited by Dreakon13