Bug at hoyt poker cutscene

I got it too. I was lucky that someone posted about this on playstationtrophies! I  made a cloud save just after the 'Diffusing the situation' mission, because i had problems passing this on the PS3 back then and didn't want to do it again. I should have saved a little later, but at least i survived this glitch.

What happened to me was crazy, though. I failed the QTE to kill Hoyt. My game just stayed in the loading screen. I shut off my system, and went back to my cloud save. I had to replay everything again from that mission with Sam, including the interrogation again. That was the worst part of the game for me from a human standpoint, torturing someone.

So i was lucky. This glitch is real.

I suggest to anyone to make a cloud or USB save after the Riley interrogation, so you don't have to back track too far. Or you can do a save before the point of no return. 

This is suggested for all of you that didn't get this early with the season pass. If no patch is announced  for the worldwide release, please back up your game late in the story.

Edited by TheGoaler
  • Like 1

Thks the goaler ! I have a save from a couple of hours before. I ll try first again after deletion/reload of the game. If not working i ll start the game a few hours before...

The saddest is this bug is well known and exists/existed in pc version (some posts in Ubisoft forums date back 2014!!!). Congrats Ubisoft amazing job !!!

• Like 2

On 6/23/2018 at 1:16 PM, BeetleBobBailey said:

@thegoaler my save was at the level than yours (defusing situation). Replayed but the same shit again ...

Sorry to hear that. Just inexcusable. Maybe you should try to contact Ubisoft.

Same problem with me. As soon as Hoyt cuts off Jason's finger the screen goes white and gets stuck there. I've tried everything I can think of from deleting the game, re-downloading it, using a different save, rebuilding my PS4's database and even trying using a different resolution on my console. No luck though, screen still freezes on a white screen every time. I sent a report to Ubisoft and they said I would get a response within 48 hours and it's been a week with no word. Sucks that they have known about this since launch on PS3, since it happened then too! Did they ever patch it back on PS3? I really don't want to start the whole game over to get the last few story trophies I need for platinum...

Edited by Ariost
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JOJOVchronicles said:

an update patch live right now. maybe you can try to play with that patch.

just got the platinum for fc3ce. not having an issue with that scene. 

good luck for all, hope with that patch will fix the error :)

Indeed patch 1.01 but does not fix the bug :-(

I ll try later on with a save before the oil deposit or if not work8ng another save before telecom centre.

Thanks anyway.

3 hours ago, Ariost said:

Same problem with me. As soon as Hoyt cuts off Jason's finger the screen goes white and gets stuck there. I've tried everything I can think of from deleting the game, re-downloading it, using a different save, rebuilding my PS4's database and even trying using a different resolution on my console. No luck though, screen still freezes on a white screen every time. I sent a report to Ubisoft and they said I would get a response within 48 hours and it's been a week with no word. Sucks that they have known about this since launch on PS3, since it happened then too! Did they ever patch it back on PS3? I really don't want to start the whole game over to get the last few story trophies I need for platinum...

Please also share the issue here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/865870-Game-Freeze-with-White-Screen-in-Aced-in-the-Hole/page2

Edited by BeetleBobBailey
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

Since my last post i tried numerous solutions without success. A couple of days ago the Ubisoft support  came back to me telling the dev team is investigating the possibilty to correct the bug in a next patch.... My approach to Ubi is clear: no more of my money for their games until the bug is not fixed and making noise of it!

But yes it should be good to hear from the ones who got the plat how they managed to deal with that glitch

On 7/13/2018 at 4:49 AM, BeetleBobBailey said:

Since my last post i tried numerous solutions without success. A couple of days ago the Ubisoft support  came back to me telling the dev team is investigating the possibilty to correct the bug in a next patch.... My approach to Ubi is clear: no more of my money for their games until the bug is not fixed and making noise of it!

But yes it should be good to hear from the ones who got the plat how they managed to deal with that glitch

I got past it today I just had to restart from scratch

11 minutes ago, BeetleBobBailey said:

Hi Taliesin, 

From scratch do u mean a new game?

Thx,

Bbb

Yea what I did was delete the game and my saves and redownloaded the game and started a new game I'm not sure u have to delete the game but better safe than sorry but deleting the saves off completely is probably best cause I think the glitch is in the saves kinda like a virus and I say this because my first run I actually got into the hoyt fight screwed up a butten prompt got the infinit losd screen si reset the last checkpoint as nd that's when is glitched to the white screen of doom 

I then went back to as n older save I had in the cloud and got to the poker game and got white screen instead of the fight like the save with the glitch infected the other save 

So I deleted and started over with nothing and rushed through the game skipped most everything but towers and a bit of hunting for crafting stuff got back yo the poker game got into the fight and everything worked fine except the mission after but that's a known bug with difficulty and has an easy fix

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

Hi everybody , this bug / glitch still exists 30mins ago  ! Bought the Season pass version from the Store . 3 times now after Hoyt cuts Jason finger off screen goes & stays white.

Don't want to start game from start / scratch - 3 trophies off Plat  FC3 CE .  

1 hour ago, digwig said:

Hi everybody , this bug / glitch still exists 30mins ago  ! Bought the Season pass version from the Store . 3 times now after Hoyt cuts Jason finger off screen goes & stays white.

Don't want to start game from start / scratch - 3 trophies off Plat  FC3 CE .  

Try this solution:

Before starting the mission, change your equipment and select the A2000 on the right of the weapon wheel, the 1911 on the bottom, SVD on the left and the AK-47 on the top.

It helps me when I got white screen and app error.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2018 at 11:40 AM, maniekz01 said:

Try this solution:

Before starting the mission, change your equipment and select the A2000 on the right of the weapon wheel, the 1911 on the bottom, SVD on the left and the AK-47 on the top.

It helps me when I got white screen and app error.

I got the platinum early this morning.  What I did was change my weapons to the most basic ones--basic handgun (top of the weapon wheel), shotgun (left), assault rifle (right), and sniper rifle (bottom).

Edited by tqpix
  • Like 1