Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

1L698b85.png

198-Shadows of the Damned

Well I have to say I am happy I went back to this game. This was a very fun "action adventure" game that is marred only slightly by some questionable choices. I will go over the bad very quickly and then I will go back to praising the game :)

The Bad

The reason I stopped playing this game 5 years ago was a really annoying chase sequence where you have to run away from your possessed girlfriend and if she catches you it is instant game over. Now the camera and controls can really suck here as you have to keep stopping to charge up your gun to blow up logs so you can keep going and she would always catch me. Now it actually isn't that hard but this was when I still worked for Sony so I had so many games to play I just said "fuck it" and moved on. Luckily I am trying to improve my completion rate so this game was one I wanted to clean up and I gave it a second chance.

You also have to play the game 3 times for the plat as difficulties don't stack. This isn't overly hard to do as the game is quite short but the cutscenes are unskippable so it is more annoying than challenging.

The Good

OK I will say that the game being short is actually a positive. So many games try to cram too much extra content at the expense of the fun. I think if this game was 3 or 4 hours longer it would have overstayed its welcome but at 8-9 hours long it is just the right length and it switched up its mise-en-scene enough that you didn't get bored.

The bosses were very large and fun to beat. They all boiled down to hitting the large "FUCK ME" button on their bodies but so often developers forget that gamers want Larger Than Life enemies to get us excited to kill the "Big Bad"

Speaking of the Big Bad. Fleming was interesting as we only see him twice but we are told about him constantly. I kind of liked this approach as we got this backstory of an ultimate badass so when we finally meet him we feel like we really know him...that being said the fight against Fleming is the weakest boss fight but at least he took his loss in stride and is battling it out for the King of the Ring in the WWE right now

Y5pyFux.png

So yeah if you like 80s Action-Horror movies this is a great game to pick up. The comedy is classic Suda, the mechanics are solid, it is a decent length and an overall enjoyable plat :)

• 2 months later...

It has been a really long time since I posted here but here is the latest 5 games I have, ready, to Plat :). I am saving up for Plat Rain Day...as well as making Ride to Hell my #200 so that is why I haven't actually platted any of these :D.

1L59f7bc.png

SORCERY SAGA: CURSE OF THE GREAT CURRY GOD

This fucking game :( Seriously read Yuri's 2-page rant here it sums most of it up. 

Roguelikes are just not for me. I would rather have well crafted dungeons than the same dungeons over and over and over because it is "random generated". Random generated is just lazy programming because they can't be bothered to actually create good levels and instead sell the consumer on quantity instead of quality.

On top of that this game had like 150 weapons to level up and they all acted the same way. It didn't matter what sword you had as long as you crafted it to our +99 sword it was strong enough to take on whatever. I read in the guide the "best abilities to give your shield/sword"...who fucking cares. Everything does 1 hit to you with a +99 shield so who cares if it has other buffs on it.

This game was just tedious to play and there is a huge reason it took me 3 years to finally finish it ...and 3 months to finally talk about my Plat. 

1L9e1b04.png

GOOSEBUMPS: THE GAME

I got this for a couple of bucks during a sale and I am glad I picked it up. The books and show were a huge part of my childhood and while the game isn't that good it had enough references to the show/books that it made me happy. The music was also really good so if you are fan and want an easy plat...check it out.

1Le80804.png

SEVERED

I love Drinkbox Studios...they are 3/3 in awesome games and Severed comes in as a stellar addition to their great library. I wasn't a huge fan of the combat at first but even that grew on me as the game got harder.

The sound was great, the character design was creepy and well done. The story was fun. The Metroidvania wasn't cumbersome. The bosses were huge looking. 

Everything was AWESOME about this game and if you haven't picked it up then do yourself a favour and check it out.

1Le1dd3c.png

MADDEN NFL 11

I haven't played a Madden game since the SNES era so it had been awhile. Actually the only thing I remember about the SNES game is hearing "EA Sports. It's in the game". I remember my brother and I being so blown away by that we actually hit the reset button several times to hear it over and over. You kids today have no idea what it was like hearing voices coming out of your video games. 

Anyways back to the game ^_^. I enjoyed playing this game. I know the guide told you to fuck about with the stats but I decided to do the Madden Moments legit and that actually made the game much more fun. I did do the Stats Trick for all the Misc trophies (because I didn't care to do that legit) but for the 5$ I paid for both this and Madden 12 I believe I got my money's worth.

1L82eaec.png

MONSTER JAM: BATTLEGROUNDS

I got this game free from Plus and it was alright. I know this game got a lot of hate from some of the community but I have played WAY worse games than this. The controls are pretty wonky (especially during the Free Style events) and it crashed on me twice but it wasn't terrible (I know that is high praise ^_^) 

Seriously if you can get it for free...or for a couple of bucks it is worth it. If you actually want to play a great Truck game get Excite Truck for the Wii.

• 2 weeks later...

1Ldb367f.png

Plat # ???...Plat Rain #6 

Remember Me

Finally got around to playing this for the Plat Rain and I am so torn on this platinum. I REALLY loved the game at the beginning but as I played more of it the little things became big things and I ended up getting more and more down on it. It is still a good game...but it could have been great.

The Good

The music was fantastic throughout the whole game. Seriously one of my favourite gaming soundtracks in a long time. It really added to the Cyberpunk feel the game had going on and was a joy to listen to. 

The Atmosphere as well was fantastic. I liked the world that was created and I will actually talk about that more in the bad. The world around you gave off this fantastical vibe that made you want to learn more about the lore and how we got to this way of being.

The combo creation was good and added to the gameplay...but...let us move on to the bad.

The Bad

As I said I enjoyed the combo creation but I think while it added to the gameplay it wasn't developed far enough that it added a substantial amount to the gameplay. I wish instead of just 4 different Pressins you actually could customize your combos and attach gun attacks in there or aerial attacks or anything else. So often my combos would get interrupted because you are being attacked from all sides (including above) and I found relying on my 3 hit combo was the only way to get anything done and that isn't a fun way to get through the game :(

The atmosphere was so good that I wanted to know more about it. I would pass by shops that would have this little floating sign...but you couldn't do anything at it. Why couldn't this game have incorporated some RPG elements that allowed you to shop at stores for upgrades or anything like that. Also this game makes such a big deal about the memories and different class systems but you barely get to see any of that. If the world was expanded on more maybe we could have seen more memory hunters, how the citizens feel about what is happening, the resistance, more with the leapers...anything. We just kept getting thrown into set pieces and were told "things happened off screen" and I just had to believe them. There were all these characters that I got introduced to...only for them to completely disappear. And then the "twist"

OK I am not going to spoil the game but MAN that was a weak ass twist. I ruled that twist out because it was so stupid...and then they did it. I mean everything was so easily solved and even after you manipulate memories...people just change their whole perspective. I mean (look in the spoiler tags for the rest of my rant)

Spoiler

all Nilin had to do was talk to her dad and none of this would have happened? Her mom really went to destroy the world because she got in a car accident and blamed their daughter. Even if both her parents changed their minds...the world is already complete shit. I mean there is no turning back after the decade of destruction that their company put the world through. And is it even the whole world or just New Paris? I mean what a stupid waste of a cool story concept.

So in conclusion a good game with some annoying flaws that brings it down in my eyes :(

Edited by Dr_Mayus

1Lda39fd.png

Plat 199 - LittleBigPlanet

When I bought my PS3 all those years ago I got a couple of games with it. I got inFAMOUS, Bioshock, Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction and LittleBigPlanet. I am happy to say I have now platted (or in the case of R&C ToS beaten) all those original games now.

Even though I owned a PS1 and PS2 I was a diehard Nintendo fan. I got a PS3 because I got a great deal on one but I was very happy with my Wii. I played through R&C because I love Ratchet and I beat the good version of inFAMOUS as well as played the beginning of Bioshock but not really beyond that. I was really confused by those things that kept popping up while playing those games though so after googling what they were I discovered they were trophies. I didn't really care about them at the time and actually found it kind of annoying that they kept dinging when I did stuff.

Now if you notice I played 3/4 of my new games but didn't really touch LBP. I finally decided to throw it in (after 100% Super Mario Galaxy) and found it to be a platformer with really wonky jumping mechanics. I played through the intro level and liked it well enough but it wasn't until you got a few levels in that something in it changed. The part in the video really just stepped the game up for me. All of a sudden that song hits and all the mechanics come to life. You are left with this..."Mario doesn't do this" kind of feel and you want more

Well I kept playing the game but I got annoyed at Boom Town and by that time R&C Crack in Time had come out so I moved on to that. I didn't really go back to the game but it was always one of those that stuck in my mind.

Flash forward a couple of months and I am working for Sony now. Now I am being given free games all the time and I really start to see what Playstation has to offer. That summer I am at the Sony conference and I am playing all the new games and I get a chance to play LBP2 early. Now LBP2 has one of my favourite trailers ever and I showed it off at every demo I ran and every time I was in stores I would be showing it off. Mario couldn't do what this game was doing and when I finally got a chance to play the game it was a blast. 

It was one of the few times that a sequel felt like a sequel. Usually sequels change very little from the successful first game and just add a different story campaign and different levels but LBP2 took everything that was great about LBP and added so much more to it. It truly felt like a new game that adds to the old one instead of merely copying it.  It then went further adding in Move control and later Cross Play with the vita

Fastforward again to my final Playstation conference where I got to play the Vita version and here is where I said "holy shit...this is the definitive version of LBP" It added so much to the game with the touch control and the aforementioned cross-play. Mario never did this...when Nintendo released a sequel it felt like a DLC pack instead of a brand new game...but with every LBP game it felt like a brand new adventure that built on that previous success.

It is a shame that LBP3 had that horrible online because the actual game was once again this beautiful collection of levels and powers that made the adventure so much fun to go through.

The other thing LBP did better than other platformers is taking all of its assets (levels, characters, humour, and especially the music) and made the games all seem like these epic adventures. MM also never dumbed down on the difficulty and instead encouraged you to learn their levels and get better at them if you wanted that sweet :platinum:

So as I neared #200 I was looking for a game to make #199 and I decided on finally finishing up the LittleBigPlanet series. It was that moment 8 years ago playing Skate to Victory that made me realize what this game was capable of...and I think that is the perfect game to bring me into my 200th platinum.

So thank you Media Molecule for not only giving us all these great games but also introducing me to a lot of great music as well. I discovered Passion Pit and Stealing Sheep through their trailers and loads of other songs playing through their games.

kMfU5zz.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well it has been a very long time since I have posted in here. After the Site Downgrade and I lost all my trophy images I lost the motivation to fix it.

I have decided this weekend that I will be cleaning up the front page as well as using this checklist again. 

One of my goals as I work towards Plat 250 is to get to 78% completion so I will be tracking that here as I work through my backlog.

I am starting with %76.75 so I need %1.25 to get to my goal.

I am starting with Just Dance 3 because when I worked for Playstation one of the store managers through this into my PS3 for me to demo and someone ended up getting 1 :bronze: forcing it to count to my completion. After a 30 song Marathon I am now sitting at %76.79 completion...so getting up there :) 

JU_12148966._just-dance-3-sony-playstati

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

I don't ever recall hearing about site downgrade.

It happened awhile ago where they changed everything and most of it was for the worse. A lot of us were quite pissed and started calling it the "site downgrade" as it didn't make anything better but took away some stuff we had before. Part of that was all the Trophy Images changed so our checklists were ruined by it.

Some other changes was putting all the milestones on your front page making it look really cluttered, making status updates harder to navigate, the layout of the front page (which has since been sort of fixed) and other stuff.

• 4 months later...

ALPHA PLAT RAIN DAY

1Ld9ebc2.png1L58bbbd.png1L4d5bab.png1L8dc02d.png1L1e2f1d.png1L4a8306.png 1La1bc76.png1L89cd1a.png1L2f4b09.png1L5f4227.png1L773d3c.png1Lb9cb92.png1La2014d.png1L5037fc.png1Labb8b4.png1L0f161b.png1L189cc7.png1Ld9bf75.png1L367a8d.png1Lf863b8.png 1Lb8278e.png1Lca7734.png1L7b3d36.png1L82e0c2.png1L6c955a.png1L545d29.png

Axiom Verge - Jump Up

Beyond: Two Souls - Stop the experiment

Claire - Beat the game - Start at Chapter 18 #14

Detroit: Become Human -spend 20,000 points.

Earthlock - Fill in Pat's last Talent Square

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - Buy Libra

God of War 3 Remastered - Need to compete the Aphrodite mini-game

Heavy Rain - Leave out of the Coward Door

Indigo Prophecy - Buy all the soundtracks

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven - Buy a few more items

Kingdom Hearts 3 - Complete the last synthesis 

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Do the first graffiti tag

Marvel's Spider-Man - Pay respect at Uncle Ben's grave

New Little King Story -Beat the final boss once more

One Piece Pirate Warrior 2 - Buy the last movie

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Finish the 200 rewinds. :circle::circle: :cross: :square: :square: :cross: :triangle: :triangle: 

Quest of Dungeons - Open the last chest.

Rime - Put on the last costume and run through the hallway

South Park: Fractured But Whole - Put on 3 different costume Pieces

Tearaway Unfolded - Colour all the parts of Iota

Undertale - Do the last offering

Valkyria Chronicles - Go to the Audience Chamber

World of Final Fantasy - Buy the last champion medal

Xing: The Land Beyond - go down the hall and pick up Banana

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher's Chronicle - Keep using shampoos until it unlocks

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - Pick up last binder for all files.  

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1Lca7734.png

Valkyria Chronicles

Well that is 15/26 letters Plat Ready :D

This was a great game and glad I finally got around to finishing it. If I had to pick a slight nit-pick it is once you figure out how to make Alicia into Rambo the game is completely broken. I was really enjoying planning my strategies out and working my way down the battlefield...but then you can turn Alicia into a God and that became the way to play the game. Seriously take a look at this picture and tell me this doesn't sum up the entire play style on how to get A Ranks :P It is just Welkin yelling at Alicia to "not get hit by enemy fire" and Alicia going in guns-a-blazin'

header.jpg?t=1557999429\

Anyways fantastic game and if you haven't played it then do yourself a favour and check it out.

On 10/16/2017 at 9:12 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Roguelikes are just not for me.

I'm 100% with you. The only rogue-type games I ever got into were the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and even then I didn't bother with Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which is sad because Gates of Infinity was still pretty awesome. :( I tried Guided Fate Paradox and while the intro was cute, the first dungeon was hell and I decided not to bother with the rest of the game. Be glad that Unlosing Ranger never made it to trophy support. I also tried the first dungeon of Sorcery Saga and got to the part where the main character gets kicked out of school and decides to set up a curry diner. Then I deleted that game. *sigh*

Different strokes, different folks, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

I'm 100% with you. The only rogue-type games I ever got into were the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and even then I didn't bother with Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which is sad because Gates of Infinity was still pretty awesome. :( I tried Guided Fate Paradox and while the intro was cute, the first dungeon was hell and I decided not to bother with the rest of the game. Be glad that Unlosing Ranger never made it to trophy support. I also tried the first dungeon of Sorcery Saga and got to the part where the main character gets kicked out of school and decides to set up a curry diner. Then I deleted that game. *sigh*

Different strokes, different folks, I guess.

Oh Sorcery Saga :( What a terrible game.

Yeah, just design interesting dungeons that make people want to explore...oh wait that takes time and effort.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh Sorcery Saga :( What a terrible game.

Yeah, just design interesting dungeons that make people want to explore...oh wait that takes time and effort.

I am going to play the devil's advocate here and say that, in their defense, rogue-type games were designed to make every replay of the game different. There is one series of games that did become popular with the crowd, especially the speedrunner crowd...

552655-CND.jpg

Crypt of the Necrodancer. ;)

7 hours ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

I love the Dr. Mario in your banner! ^_^ Did you know that there is a mobile app coming out called Dr. Mario World where you can have other characters be doctors, like Peach and Bowser? :D

Yeah I was super happy with how it turned out :D I didn't know a new app was coming. Tetris has always been one of my favourite puzzle games and Dr Mario was a great spin on it.

1 minute ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

I am going to play the devil's advocate here and say that, in their defense, rogue-type games were designed to make every replay of the game different. There is one series of games that did become popular with the crowd, especially the speedrunner crowd...

552655-CND.jpg

Crypt of the Necrodancer. ;)

The only problem with that is you usually can't tell the level is different. Sorcery Saga makes you play through the dungeons multiple times and after 100 floors I can't tell what is different from the grey corridor to the other grey corridor. 

If a game actually puts effort into making unique rooms so it actually feels different that is one thing but hitting the "shuffle" button every time you enter a room is different but not different (if that makes sense ^_^) 

• 1 month later...

1Lf863b8.png

Alpha Plat Rain - Tearaway: Unfolded

I was really looking forward to this game :( Tearaway for the Vita is in my Top 5 favourite Vita games of all time but this game was a letdown. Now let me preface it by saying it is not a bad game...just a letdown.

Tearaway worked so well on the Vita as all the Vita's gimmicks lent a lair of immersion to the game. Your fingers popped through the screen to fight enemies, your breath actually blew objects in the game, you could speak into the mic and take pictures with the cameras...but that was lost on the PS4 version. There were some gimmicks but most of it was just "hold R2" or "tap the touchpad".

On top of the that the game felt needlessly long and after awhile I just wanted it to end. Once again it wasn't bad...just a letdown :(

So can I recommend Tearaway: Unfolded...yes...but I say get the Vita version instead.

1L58bbbd.png

Alpha Plat Rain - Beyond: Two Souls

That being said I was iffy about playing Beyond: Two Souls again. I was not overly impressed with the first game (save for a few key scenes) and after replaying Heavy Rain again (a game I LOVED the first time through but was disappointed with on  replay) I just didn't know.

That being said replaying this game was a blast. I guess my hype level was down from the first time and I just enjoyed the story and characters. I still believe that Jodie and Aiden are among my favourite game "couples" and there were parts in this that are really powerful. Both times that Jodie loses Aiden are very emotional as anyone who lost a close friend or family member can tell you. Also Aiden coming back in the ALONE ending is still my favourite part in the game.

Yeah it sucks you have to replay the ending a bunch of times (thanks @DamagingRob for trying to spare me a bunch of replays) but I really enjoyed my time coming back to this game.

So just 9 games left until I Plat Rain the Alphabet :)

1L0f161b.png

Alpha Plat Rain - Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time

I never played this game back on the PS2 and was excited to play it on the PS3...until my save got corrupted and I said "fuck it". 

Now that I am trying to plat the Alphabet in 1 day I needed a P and thought "what the hell I will finish Sands of Time" and I am glad i did (and not just because it is all gold and silver trophies :P )

The combat is a bit shit (which is the one major complaint most people have about this game) but the running/climbing/jumping is all a lot of fun and the game has a great mechanic that if you fail you can rewind and try again. Unfortunately Ubisoft being Ubisoft thought "that mechanic makes too much sense in our game of trial and error...make a trophy limiting the player to only 20 attempts...but it is such a fun mechanic we should also make a trophy for using it 200 times." :rolleyes:

So if you take away the moronic logic of Ubisoft this was a blast to play.

One last point the characters were a lot of fun and it is nice playing a game where people don't take themselves so seriously all the time...I know about the sequels though.

1L4d5bab.png

Alpha Plat Rain -Claire

Have had this in my PS Plus games for a long time but never got around to playing it. I figured it would make a good C game for my Alpha Plat Rain so I finally beat it (well almost).

Thanks to the great walkthrough on the site this made beating it a breeze. Playing it though this game wasn't as good as Lone Survivor as it was more of a RUN game as oppose to an explore game. I beat Lone Survivor without a guide (need a guide for the plat though) but Claire would have been a chore without a guide as the levels all looked the same and it was just not as interesting as LS.

Regardless an easy plat with some cool visuals so a thumbs up from me :)

• 3 weeks later...

1L5f4227.png

Alpha Plat Rain - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven

I don't know what to say about this game. I started off hating it but then grew to not completely hate it...I guess that's a compliment.

It was a Namco game so I was expecting it to play a little like Soul Calibur but instead it played like a beat 'em up but confined to a very tiny spot that was ironically also too large for a fighting game :rolleyes:. The camera also was freaking out all over the place. So often the camera would go into the wall and I couldn't see who was beating me up. 

I never felt like I got better at the game...just my characters got stronger. I don't know it was just a weird fighting game that wasn't really fun and I think would have done a lot better in a proper fighting arena with 1 on 1 fighting and a lot less characters (as most of them were completely useless).

So yeah...not what I was expecting but just 6 letters left DEFIQX

• 2 weeks later...

1L4a8306.png

Alpha Plat Rain - Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age

Now I never played FF12 on the PS2 when it first came out so this was a completely new experience for me. I heard how stupid the combat system was and that was about it.

When I finally started this game (all those months ago) I was shocked at how much I loved Balthier and that he may be one of my favourite FF characters of all time. I then actually grew to like all the characters in the game quite quickly. There was not one character that I was annoyed by or wanted nothing to do with (which is a rarity in a Final Fantasy game). I was actually hoping for more story with these characters as I felt one of the major problems with the game is we started slow then raced to the ending. I mean the whole story was like a couple of hours long (at least it felt like it) and I really wished we could have had more character building moments to get to know this unique band of heroes. 

But instead of getting more time to know the characters...WE GOT ONE OF THE STUPIDEST POST GAME GRINDS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Now I will preface this with saying "I know most of these monsters could have been fought in the trials...so this is partially my fault" BUT WHY PUT THE HUNTS IN THE GAME IF THEY DON'T INTEND THE PLAYER TO ACTUALLY DO IT. I hunted down every rare monster except Omega Mark and Yiazmat because by this point I was like "they are floor 98 and 99..fuck it I will just do it in the trial". Now about the hunts...HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIGURE ANY OF THAT OUT WITHOUT A GUIDE. For those who have not played the game some of the hunts are like 'come when it is raining and kill 20 fish without killing any other enemies" (or something like that). No one in the game tells you to do that, you just have to know. Or "stand in this particular spot and kill one of your characters" or "this bad guy has a 5% chance of showing up if you enter this level from a particular way"  Fuck those hunts.

And speaking of the 5% bullshit. I'm sorry, how are you supposed to know that a chest has a 5% chance of spawning in a particular spot. If I enter a room and it is not there...I assume there is no chest there. I don't know to keep going in and out and in and out and in and out hoping a chest appears behind a pillar at the back of a dark room.

Right...I supposedly liked this game...OK the characters are great and the sidequests are stupid. If I had played this game back on the Ps2 I would have beat the boss and said "well that is all there is to do" and never looked back.

• 3 weeks later...

1La2014d.png

Alpha Plat Rain Ready - Marvel's Spider-Man

I have said in a few status updates already...but FUCK this was a great game. Insomniac is my favourite developer of all time and I was a little worried about this game...but they came through once again. 

This may be my faourite new game I have played since Saints Row 4. I can't really say anything bad about it. The most negative thing I can say is sometimes during a intense chase the webslinging can get a little muddled but that is the thing about making a great game...if you have 1 or 2 tiny negatives they can be easily overlooked.

The graphics are fantastic, the voice acting is great, the music is great, the collectibles are not annoying, the gadgets are cool, the webslinging/combat is tons of fun, the hardest difficulty is tough but not annoyingly tough...I can go on and on but at the end of the day it is a great game and everyone should play it.

I do want to point out one thing I noticed while playing the game though. Not to spoil anything but a deadly disease gets leaked into New York and there are 6 super-villains willing to kill everyone and destroy the city...and Spidey has to do it all on his own. Avengers tower is right there in the game (there is even a trophy attached to it) but NOPE Spidey has to do it on his own. In hindsight it is very funny because of how the Disney/Sony feud turned out but it is almost like "Hey Sony...Spidey can't be in the Avengers...well fuck you then :P "

Also I wish we got a Qwark Spidey suit :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1L1e2f1d.png

Alpha Plat Rain - Earthlock

Was just browsing the store for sales and came across this game. Looked up a Youtube video of it and thought "that looks kind of cool" and picked it up and am so happy I did.

This game is a great old-school turned based RPG game and if Dragon Fantasy 1 and 2 are NES/SNES RPGS this is a PS1 RPG. I loved everything about this game (minus the small inconvenience of getting gold in the second tournament) and if you would like to see RPGs go back to a simpler time then definitely check this out. Fun characters, good combat, great music...a must play :)

On 8/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

1L0f161b.png

Alpha Plat Rain - Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time

I never played this game back on the PS2 and was excited to play it on the PS3...until my save got corrupted and I said "fuck it". 

Warrior Within and The Two Thrones are ass. 

Both require three playthroughs since difficulty specific trophies don’t stack. Combat is awful, sound is horrible (you only have to hear the screeching and screaming of the enemies to know why), you don’t always know where you’re going, etc. 

Warrior Within has a sand portal glitch near the end that can screw your entire playthrough. The Two Thrones also had a couple boss fights that were overly frustrating. 

26 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Warrior Within and The Two Thrones are ass. 

Both require three playthroughs since difficulty specific trophies don’t stack. Combat is awful, sound is horrible (you only have to hear the screeching and screaming of the enemies to know why), you don’t always know where you’re going, etc. 

Warrior Within has a sand portal glitch near the end that can screw your entire playthrough. The Two Thrones also had a couple boss fights that were overly frustrating. 

I think I will do the other 2 eventually but they are not on my priority list.

Edited by Dr_Mayus