Dr_Mayus' Prescription for Perfection

Dr_Mayus

Very nice on finishing up on the Ratchet and Clank ports dood! What platinum will you surgically pick apart next? 

Thanks dood :). I will be part of SuperBuu's Okami We Play but I am thinking of also starting Grim Fandango as well. I need more HD plats this year :P

congratulations Doc, all ratchet games side by side xD, surprisingly i skipped the original trilogy back when it was first released. 

Thanks buddy :). I did the same thing for plats 74, 75 and 76. It was fun replaying those games but man the Vita ports are bad. Stick with the PS3 HD release as that is the far superior product

Kentucky Fried Chocobo, you got me there! xD  lmao!! I sure would like to ''take care of'' a chocobo one of these days for how horrible they race  :P

Nice Platinum list too!  :wave:

It is finger licking good ;).

• Like 2

What an amazing checklist. I may steal your CL suggestion idea. Just kidding LOL! :D

I guess 200 plat is going to be something special like 7 or 8 out of 10 plat difficulty.

Congrats on reaching 10K CL views. Keep it up Dr.!

Stealing :o Get out of here :shakefist:

And yes 200 is going to be something special...so very special :(

• Like 1

Congrats on finishing the R&C trilogy. I still haven't got around to starting the third game yet, quite enjoyed the first 2 so my expectations are high. I was thinking of playing it on Vita (as it's finally getting some use from me), think I'll abandon that idea now. :P

Interested to see what :platinum: 200 will be... :hmm:

• Like 2

Congrats on finishing the R&C trilogy. I still haven't got around to starting the third game yet, quite enjoyed the first 2 so my expectations are high. I was thinking of playing it on Vita (as it's finally getting some use from me), think I'll abandon that idea now. :P

Interested to see what :platinum: 200 will be... :hmm:

You can play the 3rd one on vita but stay away from the first 2. Man what disappointing ports :(

Oh 200...why must it taunt me :S

Anyways

1L12c265.png

#165-Grim Fandango Remastered

I have to admit something...I suck at these types of games :( I just don't understand the logic that goes into talking to the balloon man to get 2 empty balloons, a cat balloon, a balloon that looks like Robert Frost and then getting bread from next door and then going into the hard to see room and filling up the empty balloons with different fluids and then going to your office and putting each balloon in the tube and then going back downstairs and noticing it junked up the machine and then locking the open door and then stealing the fire extinguisher and then climbing to the roof and sneaking into another office to steal a mouthguard and coral and then attaching the coral to a piece of rope so you can get to the roof to put the bread and balloon cat into a bowl to scare doves away so you can steal their eggs and then going back to the room you locked to fill the mouth guard with goop and then biting the goop and then taking the mouth guard full of goop and eggs to the secret base and handing those both in so you can enter the secret organization...

09343edf603e1f3e8dab9c0213a49cb80020f921

So since I don't have the mental capacity to figure out that simple puzzle (and trust me that was one of the simpler puzzles in this game) I used a walkthrough :( The thing of it is, I hate point and click adventure games BUT I LOVE the stories and this game was all about me getting my story on.

You see I used to try and figure these games out but then I would just get frustrated and that would take away from my enjoyment of the story. By using the walkthrough I get to enjoy the awesome story, the fantastic characters and the charming dialog at my own pace :).

So if you love great stories then PLEASE pick this game up. I had an absolute blast playing it and I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good laugh.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 4

Congrats on Grim Fandango plat, good plat collection overall. Not as fond of the layout of your checklist. But you have a very good variety of platinums, some very tough & rare ones in your collection ;)

Thanks, but what don't you like about my checklist :( I am just curious :).

Also update on games here.

Resonance of Fate-On hold while I play a different Sega shooting game.

Deadly Premonition-Need to get back to this as I was having a blast playing it and stopped...well I don't know why I stopped to be honest

Okami-Part of SuperBuu's We Play for the plat. We have finished the 3rd boss and am just waiting until the next checkpoint is allowed in the group to continue

Vanquish-Started this today after YuriG goaded me into a platinum race. He will probably win but I have been wanting to play this game for a long time and it will be a good addition to the collection (if I am able to do it).

Deadly Premonition-Need to get back to this as I was having a blast playing it and stopped...well I don't know why I stopped to be honest

Okami-Part of SuperBuu's We Play for the plat. We have finished the 3rd boss and am just waiting until the next checkpoint is allowed in the group to continue

Vanquish-Started this today after YuriG goaded me into a platinum race. He will probably win but I have been wanting to play this game for a long time and it will be a good addition to the collection (if I am able to do it).

Good luck on Vanquish. I've had it sitting in my back log for a while myself.

• Like 1

I'm really diggin' the concept of your checklist man, and I remember all those sigs and avys from back in the day too! :o

Keep plattin' my friend!

I added the avys/sigs in about a year ago and it was fun trying to find them all again :P. So many memories with those images and Alison's despair when she would see a PM from me requesting something new ^_^

Good luck on Vanquish. I've had it sitting in my back log for a while myself.

Oh it is going to be a challenge but I am up for it :). Haven't had a "hard" platinum in a long time.

Congrats on your latest platinums Dr.Mayus.

Thanks WFG :). It has been fun giving the Vita some love lately.

• Like 2

I think it's how the trophies are all hidden in spoilers, that kinda irks me. Like the point of a checklist is to show off your plats, but you have them all hidden in spoilers. Well I always thougth the point of a checklist is to show off your progress ^^;. If the layout works for you, that's fine.

• Like 1

I think it's how the trophies are all hidden in spoilers, that kinda irks me. Like the point of a checklist is to show off your plats, but you have them all hidden in spoilers. Well I always thougth the point of a checklist is to show off your progress ^^;. If the layout works for you, that's fine.

Oh :) Well the reason for that is it took too long to load the page. I don't want them like that but 165 images takes a bit to load so I was forced to put them in spoilers ^_^. I could use the smaller plat images but I liked the Big ones more.

I agree with your point though, maybe I will have to try something else out as I do want to be able to see them all at a quick glance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1Lf882dc.png

#166-Killzone 3

OK first thing's first. That was a weird trophy glitch. I beat the game on Elite and that trophy popped and that was it. I thought "well that is weird but maybe this game makes you wait through the credits to get the Plat" So I waited...and nothing. Then I beat the game again...and nothing. Then I synced up my trophies...and nothing. Then I turned off my PS3 and beat the game again...still nothing. Then I deleted my game data, didn't install update and beat the game again...yeah a whole lot of nothing. Finally I synced my trophies again and the platinum was there. That scared me a bit :).

OK on to my thoughts on the game. I really liked this game. I am not very good at shooters but I really enjoy playing them. So I beat this game when it first came out and moved on to other things (remember this was back in 2011 and since I was working for Sony I was getting a brand new game every couple of weeks and didn't have time to plat games).

So by 2012 my completion percentage was terrible and I decided to start cleaning up older games. I got all the trophies in this game except for the online stuff, beating it on Elite and the 1500 kills trophy. I put it aside for other games (as I didn't want to do the online stuff).

Now for some reason I really wanted to play this game again and posted a status update for online help. Chuck was awesome enough to download the game again (despite owning a physical copy) and got me the rest of the online trophies (thank you very much :)).

So now it was just me and my Elite run...and I am not very good at shooters :(

Well I persevered and discovered helpful strategies (like not blindly running into a crowd of Helghast shooting wildly) and finally beat the game (well I beat it 4 times as discussed above) :D.

I know a lot of people will say "this game isn't that hard" and that is true but I am really not that good at shooters (despite owning quite a bit of FPS plats).

• Like 2

Nice work on your Killzone 3 platinum.

Just wanted to congratulate you on your 166th platinum. Also I wanted to suggest some other Doctors for your former chief of medicines for a laugh. Doctor Cid (Final Fantasy XII), Medic (Team Fortress 2), Dr. Peace (No More Heroes), Straulisus Braun (Fallout 3), Dr. Abel (Tekken), Agnus (Devil May Cry 4), Dr. Challus Mercer (Dead Space), Brain Drain (Skullgirls), Valentine (Skullgirls), Dr. Roy Curien (House of the Dead series) & Hojo (Final Fantasy VII)

• Like 1

Nice work on your Killzone 3 platinum.

Just wanted to congratulate you on your 166th platinum. Also I wanted to suggest some other Doctors for your former chief of medicines for a laugh. Doctor Cid (Final Fantasy XII), Medic (Team Fortress 2), Dr. Peace (No More Heroes), Straulisus Braun (Fallout 3), Dr. Abel (Tekken), Agnus (Devil May Cry 4), Dr. Challus Mercer (Dead Space), Brain Drain (Skullgirls), Valentine (Skullgirls), Dr. Roy Curien (House of the Dead series) & Hojo (Final Fantasy VII)

Dr. Peace would be a good one. I don't know the other ones well enough but I definitely like the evil doctor thing I have going :P. That is why I love Floriis's banner when you see it is actually Mario that is behind this whole thing ^_^

Congrats on the Killzone 3 plat dood! I had  similar experience with a plat not popping for Dungeon Defenders when it was suppose so I definitely know the panic you were going through when your plat wasn't popping

Really? So it has happened to other people. Very weird :( But it all works out in the end :)

woo hooo I have to finish killzone 3 one day. Congrats!!

Thanks Allen :). Yeah it took me 3 years to do ^_^