Am I playing this game wrong?

SpaceIsDandy

yes we all know this game is fucking trash and not worth the few gb it takes to download but I made the mistake of getting a trophy for it so I want to try to finish it. I constantly keep dying though the fucking poison spewing trees and god killing death shields that kill the 4 beings that created the universe see to that. Am i missing something? Im only on the 2nd fucking world and it's already this unfairly difficult. 

• Like 1

I think maybe level up some stat should help ?

I am in the same boat, load to see what is it about. accident create some level and trophy pop. So I try to get rid of this abomination given i have some free time later.

Edited by FielVeredus

I started off thinking the same thing but after you get out of the third galaxy it gets much much easier. The first few levels are the hardest for sure.

Few tips. I suggest farming 4k or 5k points. It will help immensely. Having said that I also suggest putting your PS4 into rest mode if you decide to take a break. I had 99999 points from farming buildings and I closed the app thinking they would stay but yeah...RIP max points. 

Also switch up overlords. I found using the yellow dude works really well for most levels because his reach can hit anyhing far off and he's godly in meteor levels if you just spam square. Even though his attacks are weak, they're pretty fast as well. Do NOT use him for dash stages or triangle (special) levels though. I'd use the purple guy for those as his special does huge AOE damage and if you have the 4 or 5k points, you can pretty much spam his special the entire level. I'd say spam the special on every level but I found myself running into crap and dying more often than if I would have taken it slow with the yellow guy.

Just try and get past those first few levels and you should be golden later.

Some of the levels want to kill you from the get-go, it's frustrating with the long load time afterwards. The trick is however to grind points for powerups.

The game really isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it. It's really not that awful, it's just a complete technical mess.

too17.jpg

You see that R1 button prompt? Doesn't do anything.

Here's something I wrote back when the game was first released, back then, days after release, only 25 people on PSN, yes, PSN, so everyone in the world, had played the game. There were so few you could tell by the %s etc, and when I got more trophies the % would go up so and so much after a little while. One guy had 100% before me, I suspect that is the dev.

On 12/11/2016 at 7:47 PM, MMDE said:

If anyone wonders or is interested, I'm going to write a trophy guide for the game now.

The plat takes about 15-20 hours depending on how fast you beat the game and how efficiently you grind. At the very least, looking at around 13-14 hours, like that's the minimum. The grind takes like 8 hours after beating the game.

EDIT:

Because people seem interested, I want to make sure the information is as correct as possible! Here's the grind!

You can do it while you do something else like browsing the internet, watching videos or tv, maybe even playing a game! Just require 4 clicks every 30 seconds or so.

I want to point out that the 250k destruction grind can be done so you destroy 194 buildings every like 35-40 seconds, see my guide. After beating the story line, I only had like 20k, if not less, destroyed buildings. 230 000 / 194 = rounding up 1186. So 1186 times I'd say 40 seconds, because you're not a machine and will be slow sometimes. 1186*40=47440. So 47440, which is about 13 hours and 11 minutes or so. So scratch that about 8 hours, it's 13.

But the good news is that this grind is piss easy and require very little of you, and you can do it while you watch tv, browse the internet or even play another game. Why? Because all you do is restart the level once the round has started (you immediately destroy 194 buildings when the round start). It's the load time that takes time, it took pretty much exactly 30 seconds when I timed it. So then the 5-10 extra seconds is just waiting a second for the destruction to count, open the pause menu and select restart. That pause menu is a bit slow, so yeah, some few seconds is wasted there too! :( But this works well alongside doing something else that doesn't require intense attention all the time.

Difficulty? Well, like 2-4/10, and it's mostly due to a couple of annoying levels. To make it like 2-3/10, you must take advantage of some game mechanic that requires a little bit of grinding.

Is the game good? No, and especially not from a technical standpoint.

Is the game fun? Eh, it has some okay moments. The fun is however lost in the frustration from all the technical problems.

I mentioned some stuff earlier, but here's some issues with the level creator. When adding stuff to a planet, sometimes the X-axis of the controller is inverted, sometimes it's not. Depends on what you select, and it's pretty random. Very annoying! I found no way to test a level before I publish it! :| You could place far less stuff on your planet than what you find on the planets in the story line. Browsing the user created levels is hell. You can only sort by date and rating. There's no searching, and you're only shown 5 or so levels at a time... In other words, if someone gives your level a bad rating, nobody is ever going to see it again once new levels have been published. And when you play a level and finish it, you're given the option to rate the level, starts at 3 stars, so people are likely going to give you that AKA the level disappears. But after that you're not given the option to restart the level, which you can see there's button prompt on the screen for, but instead you're just automatically taken out of the level and either back to where you're at in the single player story line (like wtf???) or sometimes back to main menu (and you gotta find the level over again and select character etc etc).

Damn load screens between each restart of a level... Every time you die or whatever, gotta wait 30 seconds, and just to add extra salt, you often gotta move out of the way from where you start and you got a count down before you can actually attack etc.

Why stop there? The last boss gets stuck if you change camera angel from the terrible default...

blah blah blah, technical mess! :P

On 7/9/2018 at 0:25 PM, Jason-d-b said:

I started off thinking the same thing but after you get out of the third galaxy it gets much much easier. The first few levels are the hardest for sure.

Few tips. I suggest farming 4k or 5k points. It will help immensely. Having said that I also suggest putting your PS4 into rest mode if you decide to take a break. I had 99999 points from farming buildings and I closed the app thinking they would stay but yeah...RIP max points. 

Also switch up overlords. I found using the yellow dude works really well for most levels because his reach can hit anyhing far off and he's godly in meteor levels if you just spam square. Even though his attacks are weak, they're pretty fast as well. Do NOT use him for dash stages or triangle (special) levels though. I'd use the purple guy for those as his special does huge AOE damage and if you have the 4 or 5k points, you can pretty much spam his special the entire level. I'd say spam the special on every level but I found myself running into crap and dying more often than if I would have taken it slow with the yellow guy.

Just try and get past those first few levels and you should be golden later.

Wait, you cant just farming robot and use its stat forever without have to grind every time i load up the game???  This make no sense why progression system in this game reset every time ???

There is no progression in this game, all overlords start and end with the same exact stats. They all play differently but their beginning stats never change. The only thing you grind is points to spend on momentary upgrades that last a few seconds to boost your special, strength, movement. So say you start a level where you have to destroy all buildings. While destroying buildings you can hit a button and it takes 300 points away and you get a 10 second boost of strength. 

7 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

This make no sense why progression system in this game reset every time ???

The progression to 250k building does not reset, only your points reset upon closing the game. They are two independent things. Say you destroy 4000 buildings, that equals 4000 points you can spend. If you close the game, it saves the 4000 buildings but when you start it back up, the game says zero points. That's why I say put it in rest mode so you don't have to destroy 4000 buildings over and over again.

It's a basic, crappy and straightforward game with no missables so don't stress about it.