Halloween Pyramid Challenge

I introduced the idea back when I started the backlog edition not so long ago. well it is finally here. The Halloween edition. All your games have to be Halloween related. I know I wanted to be apart of an event this year as fall is my favorite season.

So what are you doing? Picking 10 games to complete, they can either platinum or non plat. DLC counts too. So that game with DLC will be completed 100% to count.

Every Pyramid will consist of 10 games. The pyramids structure here is mildly different from the normal one. I want some challenge but not so much that few people will be able to complete it. So there is a tier system. You need to have one of each rarity in your pyramid after that it is all up to you as long as it is related to Halloween.

Tier 1 is your  Ultra Rare.

Tier 2 is one Very Rare and one of any Rarity.

Tier 3 is one Rare and the two of any rarity.

Tier 4 is four games of any rarity.

Alternatively you can just choose 10 games you want to complete. that fit the halloween themes. (2020 edition)

What kind of games count for this event. These are just examples to get you started.

1) Any games that directly references Halloween. Bully, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, Yonder

2). Any Game that has fall as the time of year or rotates through the seasons.

3) Any Horror Game.

4) Any game that has a classic Monster such as vampire, mummy, ghost, zombie somehow tied into the game.

5). The game could just have a creepy setting. You get the idea.

Event will start October 1st  and run through December 31st. . Signups anytime. That gives you enough time to complete the event.

Participants:

@kingofbattle8174

@Kristycism

@Sardavanua

@Kittet3

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 4

My List is as follows

S2e7ddf.png
                             S229268.pngSdee15a.png
              Se9d040.pngSb3f530.pngS238a7c.png
Sa2c683.pngS967aa7.pngSa6b628.pngS756110.png

Tier 1:
Slender The Arrival

Tier 2:
Beyond Two Souls
South Park The Stick of Truth

Tier 3:
Letter Quest
Nightmares From The Deep 2
Uncanny Valley

Tier 4:
Bully
Goosebumps
The Town of Light
Whispering Willows

Completed: 
Goosebumps the Game.
Letter Quest
Whispering Willows
South Park The Stick of Truth
Uncanny Valley
The Town of Light
  • Like 2

I love Halloween!

Quick questions before I can pick my games:

- Can we participate in this even if we're in the regular Backlog Pyramid?

- And can we use games for both if they fit (I don't actually think many of mine fit, but still doesn't hurt to check)?

- Does themes of witchcraft/dark magic count, since Hallowed Eve is big in the witchy world?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

I love Halloween!

Quick questions before I can pick my games:

- Can we participate in this even if we're in the regular Backlog Pyramid?

- And can we use games for both if they fit (I don't actually think many of mine fit, but still doesn't hurt to check)?

- Does themes of witchcraft/dark magic count, since Hallowed Eve is big in the witchy world?

Yes you can do both, That is why i made it a seperate event, so you arnt breaking the rules of the other.

I don't mind if they do. I have games that go across many events.

Yes I think that is a good category as well. I just got back into reading Dresden again, and so makes sense to me.

• Like 1

This is my pyramid for now, I may switch one or two games till August the 1st.

Sf9b767.png

S39d880.pngS229268.png

S93c2a7.pngSb7f04a.pngSde061f.png

Sf8ba9e.pngSd58cb2.pngS86593f.pngSc0d2af.png

Tier 1

Lone Survivor The Director's Cut

Tier 2

Anna: Extended Edition

Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)

Tier 3

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

Okage: Shadow King

Claire (Either PS4 or PSV)

Tier 4

Until Dawn

I AM ALIVE

Oxenfree

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Edited by Sardavanua
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@Sardavanua

Great list. I love Reckoning. I have up there with Skyrim and Fable 2 as some of the great rpg's of the 360. Ofcourse considering who authored the story it is not suprising. 

I've played it on PC back in the days and It was alot of fun actually. Never got a chance to play the DLC tho, so I'm looking forward to it this time.

Can't remember much about the story tbh, all I know is that it felt like a Dragon Age clone to me, storywise at least. What kept me playing was the combat system. Loved it.

And I have to disagree with you, my list is not what I'd consider great. Besides Okage, Reckoning and Lone Survivor (maybe Oxenfree aswell), none of the games are hooking me at all. -_-

I am guessing that you expect people to complete the event on Halloween because it's not even close to that date. (It's still mid-July. xD)

I have a couple of games which have spooky themes(Goosebumps, Claire Extended Cut but it's probably disabled as it was a PS+ title) but not a lot as Halloween-themed games tend to mostly be survival horrors and as I said before, the day I scare myself to sh**-pants level playing one of those games is the day I have a perfect sex change before I die of old age. :P

Still, I wish those participating good luck and keep the lights on. ;)?

Also, love the cartoon you put up, kingofbattle. The singing army gators never fail to impress, especially when that song is the theme of a setting that was used in both of the mainline Kingdom Hearts games. (I'm talking about Nightmare Before Christmas.)

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

I really shouldn't, but camp does end at the end of August...

Sf9b767.png?

S5bd47c.pngSf8ba9e.png?☑️

Sde061f.pngS93c2a7.pngSbd3d20.png???

S3fa622.pngS09f7da.pngS86593f.pngSbccc14.png☑️???

Lone Survivor 

Beyond Two Souls | Until Dawn

Claire | Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut | LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Killing Floor 2 | Always Sometimes Monsters | Oxenfree | Escape Plan

...And look how neatly that pyramid came together! Can't say no to that.

Not positive that I'll have time to finish all the games, but these have been on my backlog so long that even completing one will be an accomplishment. I also have no idea what Always Sometimes Monsters is about, but I figure it fits based on it's name alone.

Now the real question- is the event to finish these by Halloween or to finish them on Halloween?

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I really shouldn't, but camp does end at the end of August...

Sf9b767.png1f532.png

S5bd47c.pngSf8ba9e.png1f532.png1f532.png

Sde061f.pngS93c2a7.pngSbd3d20.png1f532.png1f532.png1f532.png

S3fa622.pngS09f7da.pngS86593f.pngSbccc14.png1f532.png1f532.png1f532.png1f532.png

Lone Survivor 

Beyond Two Souls | Until Dawn

Claire | Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut | LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Killing Floor 2 | Always Sometimes Monsters | Oxenfree | Escape Plan

...And look how neatly that pyramid came together! Can't say no to that.

Not positive that I'll have time to finish all the games, but these have been on my backlog so long that even completing one will be an accomplishment. I also have no idea what Always Sometimes Monsters is about, but I figure it fits based on it's name alone.

Now the real question- is the event to finish these by Halloween or to finish them on Halloween?

Not sure about completing them all either, but i am going to give it my all. It is by Halloween, this is not a plat rain event. Although seeing people complete their UR's on the 31st would be pretty awesome.

@DragonQuest238

I made it so people have enough time to get through all ten games including one UR without feeling rushed. This ends on OCT 31st but you don't have to complete everything on that day.

The cartoons are actually made by an old comrade. HE used to just draw them on the white board at work but after awhile he started up a Facebook page for them under Alpha Gators.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheAlphaGatorsComic/photos/?ref=page_internal

They are all military related, so if you have that background you will definatly get the humor and even if you don't most of them are relatable to everyone else. This one he just made a few days ago and easily fits the Halloween theme as well.

Well, it was hard to see that but I did like that. Props to your comrade. Go to his site and tell him from me that his web comics completely rocks. I have an old friend who has his own set of webcomics which are sort of like Saturday morning cartoons. Here's a link to one of them: Rebusquest. I'd like some people to check it out and give him some support. ;)

I would like to give this a go to thanks. Might push me into finally starting a few of these gems I haven't so far.

Sf37f6a.png       

S871719.png         S358b59.png         

S2c30dc.png    S61a5c1.png    S09a0ea.png       

Sb73ae9.png       Sd53564.png     S85ca24.png      Sc39eea.png

1. Night in the Woods (UR)

2. Hidden Agenda (VR)

3. Resident Evil 7 

4. Vampyr (R)

5. Pyre

6. Inside

7. To Leave

8. Paranormal Activity Lost Soul

9. The Walking Dead Collection (PS4)

10. Zero Escape : The Nonary Games

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 2

Okay so I think I have a final list here and I'm going to try and be a little ambitious. I don't know how to do the pyramid thing though so I'll just list.

Dead Rising 2

Daganronpa V3

Beyond Two Souls

Claire

Momodora

Mary Skelter

Yakuza Dead Souls

Bloodborne

Night Trap

Dying Reborn

Edited by Willreaper41
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to starting as well. Between this and the other pyramid event lots of options. 

I did just make one small change (sorry), took out Shining Resonance as it requires a 2nd play through which will never happen and isn't really on theme anyway and replaced the The Nonary Games. I might even sneak a little start on it tonight ?

• Like 1

Alright, so I decided to start with Anna yesterday :giggle:

Jokes aside I've accumulated a playtime of almost 2 hours by now and I gotta say I feel desperate and frustrated already.

I've been aware of how awful the trophies for this game are, but nobody told me what a glitchy mess this game actually is.

The clunky controls, unskippable voicelines and overall randomness drive me mad.

I'm now onto my 4th speedrun attempt to achieve one of the endings. Wish me luck-_-

37 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

Alright, so I decided to start with Anna yesterday :giggle:

Jokes aside I've accumulated a playtime of almost 2 hours by now and I gotta say I feel desperate and frustrated already.

I've been aware of how awful the trophies for this game are, but nobody told me what a glitchy mess this game actually is.

The clunky controls, unskippable voicelines and overall randomness drive me mad.

I'm now onto my 4th speedrun attempt to achieve one of the endings. Wish me luck-_-

I knew there was a reason I didn't add that game to my pyramid :P

If the game is good at one thing, then it's definitely paranoia. I sat in the same room for hours wondering if that noise I heard counted as one of the events. Did I miss the event when I blinked? Am I sure the event is suppose to happen in this room? When the guide writer wrote 'stare at the left wall', did they mean this left or that left? Wait, was that the noise I needed? Is this a special event?

I gave up without ever finishing the game.  

39 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I sat in the same room for hours wondering if that noise I heard counted as one of the events. Did I miss the event when I blinked? Am I sure the event is suppose to happen in this room? When the guide writer wrote 'stare at the left wall', did they mean this left or that left? Wait, was that the noise I needed? Is this a special event?

This.

You just perfectly summarized Anna: Waiting Edition

I'm actually using 3 guides simultaneously, because of the random events and wannabe events and random noises.... and the voices and the mannequins... Argh. It's terrible.

But guess what: all of those 3 guides didn't mention a necessary step to get one of the events. Yay for new game! Glad I played halfway trough it only to find out I'm locked at 95%.