Rarity % psnprofiles.com vs PSN

7 minutes ago, Se7en said:

More correctly, pretty much any platinum on your profile on PSN is Ultra Rare. Which makes sense, since very small percentage of all PlayStation gamers go for a platinum in games anyway, and that’s more common thing for trophy hunting enthusiasts on dedicated sites like PSNP.

I'm not sure what your point is, apart from stating the obvious.

The OP asked why stats from PSN aren't used on this site and I just gave some comparison stats as to why.

3 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

I'm not sure what your point is, apart from stating the obvious.

The OP asked why stats from PSN aren't used on this site and I just gave some comparison stats as to why.

My point is to offer the correct perspective for provided comparison, obviously.

And giving any differences in stats don’t actually answer per se the OP question, because he asked exactly why those inconsistencies aren’t addressed by PSNP in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Se7en said:

My point is to offer the correct perspective for provided comparison, obviously.

And giving any differences in stats don’t actually answer per se the OP question, because he asked exactly why those inconsistencies aren’t addressed by PSNP in the first place.

Agreed if I was the first to reply but all that was answered by others above me, I just added some figures to emphasise those points.

On 03/08/2018 at 7:03 PM, Sergen said:

I see some people use Sony's rarity as a way to make themselves feel special about the games they do, because they can say "only 0.1% of people got this trophy" instead of something like "only 3% of people got the trophy", but I never take anyone seriously who acts like that. 

Sorry to go off topic a bit but...

People do this?!?

2 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Sorry to go off topic a bit but...

People do this?!?

I've seen it happen, not necessarily on here as it's the standard to mention this website's rarity over Sony's rarity. Rather I see it when people make YouTube videos about difficult trophies and some Facebook groups about trophies have people posting about how they got a trophy and they use Sony's rarity to big up the difficulty of it. 

On 8/5/2018 at 4:04 AM, JapanimeGamer said:

This might flutter a few feathers but it is my opinion on the 2 lists in question.

1. PSN list is the most accurate list available because it covers every single PSN account that exists. It covers everyone ranging from the casual gamer who don't care about trophies right up to the more 'serious' gamer. The rarity percentages on this list are the most complete.

2. PSNP list is only accurate for those people who have registered or are being tracked on this website and this is a massively smaller number and there fore a massively inaccurate list in general.

For example: Being ranked in the top 100 on the PSNP list does not mean you are really ranked in the top 100, not at all.

Enjoy games for what they are. Ignore the largely inaccurate numbers and do not let them govern what you play as you will likely miss out on so many great games if you do. If you are serious about the lists and rankings then don't forget to take a large pinch of salt with them.

Thanks to everyone for the answers, but this basically coincides with my thoughts on the two now that I understand the differences and why they’re there.

On 8/5/2018 at 4:04 AM, JapanimeGamer said:

• Like 1