Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

Thanks for the tips.

19x is still the hardest level for me though. The fact that I don’t like the level, and you have to run to the top every time to practice it, doesn’t help either.

Changed my strategy in 1x. Where I used to jump across the sawblade I now go to the right and do a walljump. Much easier for me.

And 9x... Once I’m in the level and done it a few times I can get it every time. But getting it first try is still quite difficult for me.

Can get through 13-15x more and more consistently.

Those 6 levels are the hardest for me. If I can get a bit more consistent in those, I should be good. 

Still haven’t practiced 16x yet. When I posted my planned run a few posts above I totally forgot to mention it ?. Hate the level, but it seems it’s easier than 16.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deano1337 said:

Honestly @BB-BakkerJ if you're only struggling with ~6/7 levels you're a lot closer than you think.  I'd be amazed if you didn't have it this time next week ;P

Yeah. I should have it by then.

Just had a 1 death run. Went from 1-20 and died on 8x ?, but just finished the run anyway. No pressure than ofcourse but that’s a good indicator. 19x is starting to get easier and easier. Only need to practice 16x now because every time I play the level I need to exit to map a gazillion times...

And thanks...

Edit: Almost done it. 18 levels done. Saved 18 for last. Just one level to go as I never die at 18 and then I failed. Guess what level... Ofcourse 16 ?. Just a matter of time now.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 4

Oh holy shit that is some bad luck man.  Feel for you - but look at it this way - you've done the hardest bit so its basically yours.  I had a weird error sometimes on my PS5 where whenever I would complete a level I would get a random error saying "cannot start app" or something random, just a one liner.  Always went away after I closed/restarted the game but thought it was odd.

• Like 2

I should probably start posting in the bitching thread instead of the tips and tricks thread ?. 

Put in about 10 hours now and it’s starting to frustrate me a bit. Choked on 20 yesterday with just 20 & 18 left. Than that internet failure. It feels like everytime there is something not going my way. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Noooo ?.

Started with 19-20, 1, 6-17. All the hard stuff done. Just some easy levels left. Onto 2-5 & 18. I never die in these levels so my hands start to shake a little bit and than this fucking happens:

gdEY5Rs.jpg

Just a cm away from Meatboy in 7-2x I lose internet connection or something. This always results in dying. Man, so close again. Probably takes a while before I get another run like this... From now on I play this game totally offline ?.

Ah well. Let’s try again. 

This happened to me so many times as well. And I dunno why because SMB is the only game where I ever had this problem. Very strange.. just stay disconnected from the internet at all times.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I should probably start posting in the bitching thread instead of the tips and tricks thread 1f602.png

Put in about 10 hours now and it’s starting to frustrate me a bit. Choked on 20 yesterday with just 20 & 18 left. Than that internet failure. It feels like everytime there is something not going my way. 

I think at some stage every SMB thread turns into a bitching thread anyway haha.  Keep at it dude you're near there!

• Like 1

Getting a bit tired of getting these 17/18 level runs. Had at least 10 of them already. Why do I keep choking ?. Failed on 9x just now with just 9,10 & 18 left. 10 & 18 are a cakewalk. 9x is not the easiest level but I get that 9/10 times. Just not when it’s at the end of my run ofcourse. Raaaaage ?

Edit: Aaaand choked again on 16 with just 16-18 remaining. Jumped straight into the first sawblade. Like how is that even possible ?. This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Edit 2: It’s gotten even worse. Just 2-5 & 18 left. Easy through 2-4 and than 5. I don’t die here ever. Unless... Your finger twitches and accidentally jump ?. A laughing emoji but I’m crying on the inside. I’m getting some Trackmania Turbo flashbacks here where just don’t enjoy going for this anymore. I’ll give it one more try tomorrow and if I still don’t have it than I’m taking a big break.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

1 hour ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Yeah Boy!

Got it! Thank God that’s over. Thanks for all the tips and encouragement!

Order: 19, 1-17, 20, 18. Revenge against the Oobs with a little victory jumping 1f601.png.

Dude that failure was heartbreaking.  So glad you got it though - good to see your break lasted long haha.  Well done, and welcome to the club! :)

Edit:  Your bad run there actually reminded me of one of my bad trials fusion runs... I seen you have that on your profile so I guess you're familiar with the 'Top Roach' challenge..This might make you laugh lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmiXOcJHsI&t=1s

Edited by Deano1337
  • Like 2

On 03/02/2021 at 0:33 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Noooo 1f62d.png.

Started with 19-20, 1, 6-17. All the hard stuff done. Just some easy levels left. Onto 2-5 & 18. I never die in these levels so my hands start to shake a little bit and than this fucking happens:

Just a cm away from Meatboy in 7-2x I lose internet connection or something. This always results in dying. Man, so close again. Probably takes a while before I get another run like this... From now on I play this game totally offline 1f602.png.

Ah well. Let’s try again. 

That sucks. It often happens to me as well. Unfortunately some games doesn't pause when it happens. Congrats on getting it later.

Edited by samuel_hsc
  • Like 1

I havent started to make impossible boy runs yet, but Im pretty consistent with all levels by now. Only salt shaker is the level that i cant get to work. The best i did is two times in a row. Any tips for it? Do you guys hold the run button while maneuvering after the conveyor belt between the saws? This level is the hardest for me atm!

22 minutes ago, Booster92BG said:

I havent started to make impossible boy runs yet, but Im pretty consistent with all levels by now. Only salt shaker is the level that i cant get to work. The best i did is two times in a row. Any tips for it? Do you guys hold the run button while maneuvering after the conveyor belt between the saws? This level is the hardest for me atm!

The way I got a feeling for this level is to first pick a visual point in the map to start moving left of the conveyer belt. On the left of the conveyer belt you see two buildings in light grey, I started moving when I got close to the top of those grey buildings. You can do the same on the right side. This is just to get a feeling for from what point you should move. Once you can get it a few times it gets easier every time as muscle memory will take over. Also always hold the run button and don’t tap left, don’t hold left, but something more like a short squeeze. This is with the D Pad, don’t know if you’re playing with it or analog stick.

Hope this will help a bit. Good luck!

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Booster92BG said:

Hi!

To add to what @BB-BakkerJ said, I also press left right left right to the rhythm of the Super Meat Boy opening theme guitar riff. I have it playing in my head when I play this stage, so that's something to consider. :) 

• Like 2

Here are some tips from me:

For 7-2x the transition to the second floor can be tricky. When you get to the end of the first floor try to jump over the sawblades when they are closer to you (check the pic). With this timing the second floor sawblade should not hit you when you slide the wall. Also when you land on the second floor, try to land on the ledge. That way you will have more time for reaction to start again your jumps!

2bpXV6D.jpg

For 7-6x if you get too high in this section and jump, you will hit your head in the ceiling and ricochet into the sawblade. Instead you can wait to slide down a bit and then jump.

bABHBss.jpg

For 7-8x you can practice jumping over the enemies all you want. Just get in the middle of the platform and start jumping. It’s a good practice to get familiar with the movement speed of those guys, because you may need to jump over two of them, when you go for the trophy.

For 7-9x The two conveyor belts are with slightly different length (the left conveyor belt is longer), so it requires slightly different timing!

jjadRB2.png

Edited by Booster92BG
  • Like 3